PDA

View Full Version : Casey Anthony Not Guilty

NJCardFan
07-05-2011, 02:18 PM
Casey Anthony acquitted of murder

A Florida jury has found Casey Anthony not guilty of murder in the death of her 2-year-old daughter, Caylee.

The juryof 7 women and 5 men in Orlando did find the 25-year-old Anthony guilty of giving false information to a law enforcement in connection with the case. The jurors returned the verdict after more than 10 hours of deliberation.http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline/post/2011/07/casey-anthony-jury-reaches-verdict/1

jendf
07-05-2011, 02:20 PM
*scratches head*

Oh, Florida. :rolleyes:

NJCardFan
07-05-2011, 02:24 PM
Verdicts as follows:

Murder in the 1st degree-Not Guilty

Aggravated Manslaughter of a Child-Not Guilty

Aggravated Child Abuse-Not Guilty

4 Counts of Providing False Information to Police-Guilty

Holy fucking crap. Stupidity at it's core. Nothing. Worst she'll get is time served.

djones520
07-05-2011, 02:25 PM
The Child Abuse floored me. Whether or not she actually did do it, the fact that she spent that long without reporting a missing child alone should be grounds for abuse.

NJCardFan
07-05-2011, 02:27 PM
The Child Abuse floored me. Whether or not she actually did do it, the fact that she spent that long without reporting a missing child alone should be grounds for abuse.

I'm interested in the thinking of the jury. I didn't think she'd get murder 1 but at least something. The evidence was there. But we can't convict the hot girl I guess. She just got away with the murder of her child or at least being responsible for her child's death. At the end of the work day, in no time she'll be out living la bella vita while her child didn't even get a decent burial. Unbelievable.

Bailey
07-05-2011, 02:28 PM

I thought the first degree murder charge was going to be hard to prove but I thought she be found guilty of the lesser charge. :(

SarasotaRepub
07-05-2011, 02:40 PM
*scratches head*

Oh, Florida. :rolleyes:

Yep, and I live in the state. Unfuckingbelievable...

hai
07-05-2011, 02:51 PM
facepalm.jpg

obx
07-05-2011, 02:58 PM
I'm stunned. Did she have the same jury as OJ ?

CueSi
07-05-2011, 03:21 PM
<walks into thread, pours self jack daniels, puts a splash of coffee on top, picks up Krispy Kreme.>

Man,fuck Central Florida.

~QC

lacarnut
07-05-2011, 03:21 PM
Geraldo Rivera did not think she would be found guilty. The prosecution should have charged her with lesser charges. Not finding her guilty of child abuse sucks. There is a special place in hell for people like her though.

Hawkgirl
07-05-2011, 03:42 PM
I'm not shocked. There was reasonable doubt. DNA was destroyed.
BUT part of me thought the chloroform and the death stink in the car may have been enough to convict. She's not innocent...but a "not guilty" verdict just tells us there was reasonable doubt...the prosecution either continues to look for evidence and appeals or accepts their sloppy work just let a murderer get away.

Phillygirl
07-05-2011, 03:52 PM
I'm not shocked. There was reasonable doubt. DNA was destroyed.
BUT part of me thought the chloroform and the death stink in the car may have been enough to convict. She's not innocent...but a "not guilty" verdict just tells us there was reasonable doubt...the prosecution either continues to look for evidence and appeals or accepts their sloppy work just let a murderer get away.

They can't retry her based on new evidence. Double jeopardy.

NJCardFan
07-05-2011, 04:18 PM
My question to the jury is how do they think Caylee died. Kronk didn't do it. George Anthony didn't do it. Cindy Anthony didn't do it. Lee Anthony didn't do it. None of those had anything to gain. Casey was partying it up and getting Bella Vita tattoo. And she will again be partying it up while her daughter was treated like a piece of garbage. I do need to add that the jurors are cowards by not explaining how they came to that conclusion.

fettpett
07-05-2011, 04:35 PM
They can't retry her based on new evidence. Double jeopardy.

yep, but they could try her in a different way...we'll see

Rockntractor
07-05-2011, 04:35 PM
My life is like totaly changed now, I'll be tweeting all night!

fettpett
07-05-2011, 04:48 PM
My life is like totaly changed now, I'll be tweeting all night!

you know, that goes very well with your avatar LOL:D

NJCardFan
07-05-2011, 04:49 PM
I don't think they can. If that were possible, they would have re-tried OJ years ago. That is the consequence of the prosecution going for the home run. They didn't include lesser charges and nor can they now.

Adam Wood
07-05-2011, 04:54 PM
My question to the jury is how do they think Caylee died. Kronk didn't do it. George Anthony didn't do it. Cindy Anthony didn't do it. Lee Anthony didn't do it. None of those had anything to gain. Casey was partying it up and getting Bella Vita tattoo. And she will again be partying it up while her daughter was treated like a piece of garbage. I do need to add that the jurors are cowards by not explaining how they came to that conclusion.None of that matters. The burden is still on the prosecution to prove that she did it. I haven't followed this one at all, but I did hear some of the defense's close on Sunday and he just poked all sorts of holes in the prosecution. Just shot it all to hell and back. No DNA, but they had a can of the smell of death? Puhleeze. I had reasonable doubt within ten minutes of hearing the defense close, and reasonable doubt is all that matters.

The prosecution blew it here. Or else she actually didn't do it.

Phillygirl
07-05-2011, 05:06 PM

What do you mean?

NJCardFan
07-05-2011, 05:06 PM
Her defense team are disgusting human beings. To celebrate their victory publicly like they are doing is reprehensible. At the end of the day, a child is still dead and yet they're celebrating like they won the Super Bowl. I hope they all go to hell.

lacarnut
07-05-2011, 05:09 PM
None of that matters. The burden is still on the prosecution to prove that she did it. I haven't followed this one at all, but I did hear some of the defense's close on Sunday and he just poked all sorts of holes in the prosecution. Just shot it all to hell and back. No DNA, but they had a can of the smell of death? Puhleeze. I had reasonable doubt within ten minutes of hearing the defense close, and reasonable doubt is all that matters.

The prosecution blew it here. Or else she actually didn't do it.

You followed it more than I did but if a jury deliberates only 10 hours on a murder case, it is gotta be a slam dunk. Looks like not one of the jurors thought that the prosecution had proved their case.

lacarnut
07-05-2011, 05:13 PM
What do you mean?

He does not know what he is talking about. She could be re-tried if the Feds decided that a Civil Rights violation had taken place.

NJCardFan
07-05-2011, 05:14 PM
God. From Baez:

"This case proves that the death penalty does not work."

http://www.demotivationalposters.org/image/demotivational-poster/0903/epic-face-palm-face-palm-demotivational-poster-1236742013.jpg

Apocalypse
07-05-2011, 05:37 PM
Well if she is now innocent. Then lets drag the father before the court since the Defense said he was the guilty party, and the mother for the coliform.

Novaheart
07-05-2011, 06:13 PM
I'm interested in the thinking of the jury. I didn't think she'd get murder 1 but at least something. The evidence was there. But we can't convict the hot girl I guess. She just got away with the murder of her child or at least being responsible for her child's death. At the end of the work day, in no time she'll be out living la bella vita while her child didn't even get a decent burial. Unbelievable.

I became a little conflicted towards the end after being certain of her guilt for the length of the trial. The jury is charged with demanding proof of guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, I am not. While I did notice yesterday that she has substantial breasts, I certainly didn't see her as the "hot girl". I saw here as the crazy bitch, liar, trash. Her mother's testimony didn't do much to convince me that she didn't come by it naturally.

As we know, a trial may ostensibly determine guilt, but what it actually does is determine whether the state made a case for it, beyond a reasonable doubt. And as I point out to many who claim "DNA proved him innocent." - no it didn't. You can't prove someone innocent or guilty; you can only apply our legal standard to whether they will be punished for the charge.

The defense did a really good job in their summation. That Matlock-like guy was folksy and cogent. I felt that he sealed the deal with the Atticus Finch quotation. He was good.

On the bright side, she has already served as long a sentence as some sympathetic murderers get. If Judge Perry gives her the maximum sentence for her convictions, she might still go to prison for awhile.

Novaheart
07-05-2011, 06:16 PM
You followed it more than I did but if a jury deliberates only 10 hours on a murder case, it is gotta be a slam dunk. Looks like not one of the jurors thought that the prosecution had proved their case.

I agree. I really didn't expect the jury to come back so quickly and when they did, I had to assume she was being acquitted. If for no other reason than the emotional aspects of the case, if there was one person convinced of her guilt, he would have held on for longer than 10 hours. Albeit, there was a certain "Get this over with." in the public mood, so it's not beyond belief the jury was simply tired of all this as well.

BadCat
07-05-2011, 06:20 PM
<walks into thread, pours self jack daniels, puts a splash of coffee on top, picks up Krispy Kreme.>

Man,fuck Central Florida.

~QC

for once, we agree on something.

Rockntractor
07-05-2011, 06:23 PM
NJ, if she trys to join here, I'll ban her!

NJCardFan
07-05-2011, 06:35 PM
I've yet to hear one logical explanation, or any explanation of any kind as to how she walked on the abuse charge.

Rockntractor
07-05-2011, 06:41 PM
I've yet to hear one logical explanation, or any explanation of any kind as to how she walked on the abuse charge.
That one surprised me.

SaintLouieWoman
07-05-2011, 07:12 PM
That one surprised me.
It didn't surprise me. It's Florida---sort of like California. They do stuff sloppy here. I just returned from the optical shop. It's my 6th visit trying to get my glasses adjusted. It's typical of anything that I've tried getting done here.

The jurors probably were tired of listening to it and ticked off about it extending beyond 4th of July. The prosecution wasn't the brightest. But it's all easier with that hindsight.

Kay
07-05-2011, 08:14 PM
The mother and daddy sure slid out the side door quick right after the verdict was read.
Wonder how the homecoming will go in that household after her acquisitions against the
daddy of molesting her, hiding the body after the kid drown, etc. Talk about a totally
dysfunctional family. Casey will sell her story and make millions now off a book deal. :rolleyes:

Phillygirl
07-05-2011, 08:22 PM

Was there evidence of abuse? I hadn't followed a whole lot of the actual trial, but if the only evidence of her abuse was her death, then they couldn't well convict her of abuse if they didn't believe the state had proved that she killed her.

Articulate_Ape
07-05-2011, 08:24 PM
The sad story is that which folks are bemoaning in this case happened at least 50 times this week. The only difference it that the media decided that you should know about this one. Sadder still is that folks eat it up like Soylent Green.

Phillygirl
07-05-2011, 08:26 PM
The sad story is that which folks are bemoaning in this case happened at least 50 times this week. The only difference it that the media decided that you should know about this one. Sadder still is that folks eat it up like Soylent Green.

Very true. How sad for all the other little children that have been murdered that their lives weren't worth this attention. How sad that it happens all too frequently.

Rockntractor
07-05-2011, 08:30 PM
for once, we agree on something.

It's hard to tell when she's in that third person mode which personality you're agreeing with. I think when she does that she is in the Salami mode.

Bailey
07-05-2011, 08:34 PM
I became a little conflicted towards the end after being certain of her guilt for the length of the trial. The jury is charged with demanding proof of guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, I am not. While I did notice yesterday that she has substantial breasts, I certainly didn't see her as the "hot girl". I saw here as the crazy bitch, liar, trash. Her mother's testimony didn't do much to convince me that she didn't come by it naturally.

As we know, a trial may ostensibly determine guilt, but what it actually does is determine whether the state made a case for it, beyond a reasonable doubt. And as I point out to many who claim "DNA proved him innocent." - no it didn't. You can't prove someone innocent or guilty; you can only apply our legal standard to whether they will be punished for the charge.

The defense did a really good job in their summation. That Matlock-like guy was folksy and cogent. I felt that he sealed the deal with the Atticus Finch quotation. He was good.

On the bright side, she has already served as long a sentence as some sympathetic murderers get. If Judge Perry gives her the maximum sentence for her convictions, she might still go to prison for awhile.

Well if you liked women you'd understand the power of the boobie :D

Articulate_Ape
07-05-2011, 08:37 PM
Very true. How sad for all the other little children that have been murdered that their lives weren't worth this attention. How sad that it happens all too frequently.

The moral of this story is: If you are gonna disappear or get murdered, or both, be female, young, cute, and preferably white. If you are going to murder or rape someone, be rich and/or famous, and look good on camera.

I know that sounds simplistic and cynical, but if you think about the "sensational" cases of our time, you will find most of them fit those profiles.

Hawkgirl
07-05-2011, 09:25 PM
TV stations and news programs should still air these trials and stories on tv. It's about awareness. I know this happens every day. Working in a hospital, we go through periods where it seems every kid comes in for non accidental trauma. Every case can't be on tv...but we must bring awareness to it. If it stops one mother from murdering her child, it will be worth it.

fettpett
07-05-2011, 09:33 PM
What do you mean?

not sure honestly, the prosecution screwed the pouch on this case, they should have set it up so that they could retrial her once they got more evidence. She might be guilty as sin but they didn't prove it, with squat for evidence they didn't have much of a case

Phillygirl
07-05-2011, 09:38 PM
not sure honestly, the prosecution screwed the pouch on this case, they should have set it up so that they could retrial her once they got more evidence. She might be guilty as sin but they didn't prove it, with squat for evidence they didn't have much of a case

Double jeopardy prohibits it. I think they should have examined their case a bit better. Too much emotion. Too much circumstantial evidence. It's difficult to convince a jury of 12 people with circumstantial evidence.

Hawkgirl
07-05-2011, 09:43 PM
Double jeopardy prohibits it. I think they should have examined their case a bit better. Too much emotion. Too much circumstantial evidence. It's difficult to convince a jury of 12 people with circumstantial evidence.

I don't know law, but it doesn't seem fair. The defense can appeal if they get a verdict they don't like, but the prosecution can't? I'm not saying they should retry just for the sake of it...but if they somehow find new evidence?

Novaheart
07-05-2011, 09:45 PM
Well if you liked women you'd understand the power of the boobie :D

Can it override ones sense that she's crazy and more trouble than she's worth? I guess it can, because I have seen it with some frequency.

Phillygirl
07-05-2011, 09:52 PM
I don't know law, but it doesn't seem fair. The defense can appeal if they get a verdict they don't like, but the prosecution can't? I'm not saying they should retry just for the sake of it...but if they somehow find new evidence?

The U.S. Constitution specifically prohibits it in order to protect against a tyrannical government. Individual freedom is more important than do overs for the government.

fettpett
07-05-2011, 09:55 PM

I agree....but they probably worked harder so that the case would come back either as guilty or as hung jury. I didn't follow this at all, nor did I care to, it's just another murder trial with a fucked up pretty chick.

They probably figured it didn't matter what they did as they would win, their arrogance screwed them. No matter if she did it or not, the prosecution didn't prove their case.

Phillygirl
07-05-2011, 10:00 PM
I agree....but they probably worked harder so that the case would come back either as guilty or as hung jury. I didn't follow this at all, nor did I care to, it's just another murder trial with a fucked up pretty chick.

They probably figured it didn't matter what they did as they would win, their arrogance screwed them. No matter if she did it or not, the prosecution didn't prove their case.

What little I did follow the case, I thought the prosecution was looking at a real chance of reversal on appeal if there was a conviction. The "science" of the decomposing smell just seemed out there. Expert witness testimony is a tough thing. If it's not main stream, there's a good chance that it will backfire on you. I think that happened here. I know it happened with OJ. It's difficult for an expert witness to testify in such a way that he/she does not appear to be arrogant. After all, he's being paid to be the smartest person in the room...but he's also being paid to not come across as knowing that fact.

fettpett
07-05-2011, 10:06 PM
What little I did follow the case, I thought the prosecution was looking at a real chance of reversal on appeal if there was a conviction. The "science" of the decomposing smell just seemed out there. Expert witness testimony is a tough thing. If it's not main stream, there's a good chance that it will backfire on you. I think that happened here. I know it happened with OJ. It's difficult for an expert witness to testify in such a way that he/she does not appear to be arrogant. After all, he's being paid to be the smartest person in the room...but he's also being paid to not come across as knowing that fact.

LOL, yeah, I think people get too caught up in the Law&Order, CSI, Bones, ect dramaitization of things and think the real world works that way. it rarely, if ever does, in fact most murders go unsoloved

Phillygirl
07-05-2011, 10:22 PM
LOL, yeah, I think people get too caught up in the Law&Order, CSI, Bones, ect dramaitization of things and think the real world works that way. it rarely, if ever does, in fact most murders go unsoloved

Yep. It's rare that the defendant or another witness finally breaks down and "confesses" in the middle of court. Most of a trial is tedious and pedestrian. Expert witness testimony is particularly cumbersome. The rules of evidence also, at times, make the presentation difficult and it's hard to explain to a layperson why they didn't just get to hear everything anyone has to say and let them sort out what's important.

As much as I am a sucker for a good Law and Order episode, it can drive me insane at how unrealistic and inaccurate they are when it comes to the law and actual evidentiary and ethics rules.

fettpett
07-05-2011, 10:37 PM
Yep. It's rare that the defendant or another witness finally breaks down and "confesses" in the middle of court. Most of a trial is tedious and pedestrian. Expert witness testimony is particularly cumbersome. The rules of evidence also, at times, make the presentation difficult and it's hard to explain to a layperson why they didn't just get to hear everything anyone has to say and let them sort out what's important.

As much as I am a sucker for a good Law and Order episode, it can drive me insane at how unrealistic and inaccurate they are when it comes to the law and actual evidentiary and ethics rules.

yeah, i think that weighed on these jurors too, 6 weeks sequestered with no TV or radio or internet. THAT has to drive one nuts, I'm sure most of them had decided on the murder and neglect charges before the closing arguments were given on Friday.

It also didn't help the prosecutions case to be laughing during the defenses closing arguments either, and was a smart move by the defense to point that out so it was in the transcript in case they did have to appeal

Phillygirl
07-05-2011, 10:43 PM
yeah, i think that weighed on these jurors too, 6 weeks sequestered with no TV or radio or internet. THAT has to drive one nuts, I'm sure most of them had decided on the murder and neglect charges before the closing arguments were given on Friday.

It also didn't help the prosecutions case to be laughing during the defenses closing arguments either, and was a smart move by the defense to point that out so it was in the transcript in case they did have to appeal

I'll have to watch that part of the closing. Pretty unprofessional to do that. There should be no dancing in the end zone at trials.

fettpett
07-05-2011, 10:46 PM
I'll have to watch that part of the closing. Pretty unprofessional to do that. There should be no dancing in the end zone at trials.

I agree that the defense acted like idiots after the verdict but my guess is that this was their first major case, can't really blame them either its a HUGE deal and these kind of wins can make a lawyer's career.

Phillygirl
07-05-2011, 10:54 PM
I agree that the defense acted like idiots after the verdict but my guess is that this was their first major case, can't really blame them either its a HUGE deal and these kind of wins can make a lawyer's career.

There are few cases that put that kind of pressure on you in terms of the 24/7 coverage. I haven't watched it since the verdict, but I heard there was some spiking of the ball. I'm sure the emotion was there...but again, do it behind closed doors.

The other week my client started applauding after the judge rendered his partial ruling. I told him in no uncertain terms there was to be no more of that. Bad form. I could understand his emotion, as it is his life, my job. But still. There should be a certain sense of decorum and attorneys and judges in particular need not add to the circus like atmosphere.

NJCardFan
07-05-2011, 11:02 PM
Was there evidence of abuse? I hadn't followed a whole lot of the actual trial, but if the only evidence of her abuse was her death, then they couldn't well convict her of abuse if they didn't believe the state had proved that she killed her.

The baby allegedly waltzed up the pool ladder and threw herself into the pool and drowned. They(being Casey and George if you believe the defense) took the baby, buried it in the sandbox, decided it wasn't an appropriate place to bury a child so they scooped her up, put her in the trunk of the car, left her there for a few days(if you believe the prosecution), then decided to throw her in a swamp a 1/4 mile from the house. Let her rot there for 30 days or so before contacting police and decided to weave a bed of lies that would make Baron Munchhausen blush. If that isn't abuse, nothing is.

Phillygirl
07-05-2011, 11:11 PM
The baby allegedly waltzed up the pool ladder and threw herself into the pool and drowned. They(being Casey and George if you believe the defense) took the baby, buried it in the sandbox, decided it wasn't an appropriate place to bury a child so they scooped her up, put her in the trunk of the car, left her there for a few days(if you believe the prosecution), then decided to throw her in a swamp a 1/4 mile from the house. Let her rot there for 30 days or so before contacting police and decided to weave a bed of lies that would make Baron Munchhausen blush. If that isn't abuse, nothing is.

If you believe that story, then it's potentially abusing a corpse. She wasn't charged with that. If the jury believed that the prosecution proved their case, then some type of murder had to be found. A finding of aggravated child abuse was really inconsistent with a not guilty verdict on aggravated manslaughter or capital murder.

Kay
07-05-2011, 11:20 PM

Somewhere in there duct tape coincidentally got tangled up all over her face too.

Rockntractor
07-05-2011, 11:21 PM
They had no physical evidence between Casey and the murder, they couldn't show cause of death, they couldn't show where she died.
The only thing they proved was Casey liked to party and was a liar.
I think she did it, all I have is a feeling like everybody else, you can't convict people on a hunch.

patriot45
07-05-2011, 11:29 PM
They had no physical evidence between Casey and the murder, they couldn't show cause of death, they couldn't show where she died.
The only thing they proved was Casey liked to party and was a liar.
I think she did it, all I have is a feeling like everybody else, you can't convict people on a hunch.

I have thought all along that things got out of hand when the baby died. I don't know how she died but I think it was an accident.

I got a buddy in the ME office in Tampa and he said over the years he has seen this scenario, just not so teleivised about people that have an accident happen and they freeze and then do the wrong thing. I think that happened here.

the Baffling part is her dad was an ex-cop, he shoulda known better!

Rockntractor
07-05-2011, 11:33 PM
I have thought all along that things got out of hand when the baby died. I don't know how she died but I think it was an accident.

I got a buddy in the ME office in Tampa and he said over the years he has seen this scenario, just not so teleivised about people that have an accident happen and they freeze and then do the wrong thing. I think that happened here.

the Baffling part is her dad was an ex-cop, he shoulda known better!

It was a mess for the authorities, they get told 30 days after the fact that a toddler may have been murdered and then when they find the body it is in a warm swamp with a high metabolism. It was very little to work with.

MountainMan
07-05-2011, 11:51 PM
Oh thank God the rule of law prevailed today. This poor young woman has had the last three years of her life totally ruined by an over zealous prosecutor and sheriff. Lets not forget the jackals in the media trying to convict her also.

Nope, I'm praying for this young woman tonight and hope she sues someone for damages.

Hell, I might even send her some healing white light.

Rockntractor
07-06-2011, 12:04 AM
Oh thank God the rule of law prevailed today. This poor young woman has had the last three years of her life totally ruined by an over zealous prosecutor and sheriff. Lets not forget the jackals in the media trying to convict her also.

Nope, I'm praying for this young woman tonight and hope she sues someone for damages.

:confused:

patriot45
07-06-2011, 12:05 AM

Switch it around and I'm behind ya! Cain/ Pawlenty sounds good!

patriot45
07-06-2011, 12:07 AM

No sarcasm Rock. It seems he took it like I took it!

MountainMan
07-06-2011, 12:08 AM

Casey Anthony now needs our support more than ever. She has been traumatized severely over this. Why is that hard to believe? :confused:

Rockntractor
07-06-2011, 12:11 AM
Casey Anthony now needs our support more than ever. She has been traumatized severely over this. Why is that hard to believe? :confused:

You got me with the white light.

Apache
07-06-2011, 01:06 AM
Internet/webs age.....:(

Wasn't done in a minute....

Caylee's life wasn't snuffed out that soon...:mad:

lacarnut
07-06-2011, 07:00 AM

Whose fault was it that she spent 3 years in jail. She knows how her daughter died. Maybe it was an accident. Lying about it and getting rid of the body was on her.

She is gonna need some prayers cause I got a feeling that she and her family are in for some rough times.

AmPat
07-06-2011, 09:32 AM

Correct. Neglect is abuse.

Oh well, at least OJ will have somebody to date when he gets out. Maybe she can dye her hair blonde for him.:cool:

marinejcksn
07-06-2011, 10:08 AM
I made the mistake of getting into it with my mom over the fact that justice was served. Whether it's right or wrong, the jury did it's job. Boy did that blow up in my face. :(

marinejcksn
07-06-2011, 10:11 AM
Don't get me wrong....did she do it? Probably. Maybe. I dunno, I wasn't there. And what happened to that girl was terrible. But the amount of people who are crying out for mob justice sickens me. That isn't law and order. That isn't a civil society. In this country, you're innocent until proven guilty. God will judge this woman's guilt or innocence. But the cries for "justice" are mob lynch mentality at it's worst.

NJCardFan
07-06-2011, 10:43 AM
I made the mistake of getting into it with my mom over the fact that justice was served. Whether it's right or wrong, the jury did it's job. Boy did that blow up in my face. :(

Explain the aggravated child abuse then. How did she walk on that? If there was ever a slam dunk case of something, that was it.

Apocalypse
07-06-2011, 04:45 PM
Some people....

Casey Anthony Writes About Wanting More Babies

In one undated letter among the document dump, Anthony writes to Adams, "Let's make a deal ? let's get pregnant together ? if it's really possible to plan it."

She also has a book deal worth about $1 million, and even Vivid Adult Films has approached her.

NJCardFan
07-06-2011, 04:47 PM
Some people....

She also has a book deal worth about $1 million, and even Vivid Adult Films has approached her.

All the more proof that the end of days is coming.

djones520
07-06-2011, 05:04 PM
Some people....

Of course they did. They went after "Octamom".

Hawkgirl
07-06-2011, 05:29 PM
already, she's out partying...
http://i55.tinypic.com/55jtps.jpg

Kay
07-06-2011, 08:40 PM
LOL! That picture is priceless,
definitely worth 1000 words. :D

cetlan
07-06-2011, 09:53 PM
Although Anthony appears to be a despicable human, the jury made the right decision. It did not have enough evidence to convict.

Rockntractor
07-06-2011, 09:59 PM
Although Anthony appears to be a despicable human, the jury made the right decision. It did not have enough evidence to convict.

That's the way I see it.

marinejcksn
07-07-2011, 09:15 AM
Explain the aggravated child abuse then. How did she walk on that? If there was ever a slam dunk case of something, that was it.

I'm not saying she's not a terrible mother. I'm simply saying, she got a fair trial, despite the media attention, and the jury did what they felt was right. Did she kill her girl? Maybe. But if we rush to convict people under the pretences of being guilty until proven innocent, the entire Rule of Law goes out the window.

NJCardFan
07-07-2011, 10:04 AM
Well, she got sentenced to 4 years on the 4 lying charges(1 year per served consecutively).

djones520
07-07-2011, 10:10 AM
Well, she got sentenced to 4 years on the 4 lying charges(1 year per served consecutively).

Nearly 3 years time served will be credited, they still have to work that exact amount out, but they expect her to be released by August due to her good behavior in that time served.

Bailey
07-07-2011, 10:11 AM
Nearly 3 years time served will be credited, they still have to work that exact amount out, but they expect her to be released by August due to her good behavior in that time served.

wasnt she massively fined to cover the court costs?

djones520
07-07-2011, 10:14 AM
wasnt she massively fined to cover the court costs?

I haven't read anything about that. But I'd imagine it couldn't be all of the costs. She wasn't found guilty on the major counts, which most of the time was spent in court for. It would be a pretty dick move to charge her for something she was found not guilty on.

Not that it will honestly matter. She'll be rolling in the dough so soon she'll have it paid off quickly.

Bailey
07-07-2011, 10:17 AM
I haven't read anything about that. But I'd imagine it couldn't be all of the costs. She wasn't found guilty on the major counts, which most of the time was spent in court for. It would be a pretty dick move to charge her for something she was found not guilty on.

Not that it will honestly matter. She'll be rolling in the dough so soon she'll have it paid off quickly.

I thought they would've charged her for the search of her child, she lied about that so I think they will go after her on that.

SaintLouieWoman
07-07-2011, 10:34 AM

Perhaps not. I heard on the Today show that the porn site that had made an offer to her has withdrawn it, due to the almost universal outcry against her. They said that it's possible no one will want to touch her or spend a dime on anything that would make her wealthy. Sometimes that old what goes around comes around thing works.

djones520
07-07-2011, 10:41 AM
Perhaps not. I heard on the Today show that the porn site that had made an offer to her has withdrawn it, due to the almost universal outcry against her. They said that it's possible no one will want to touch her or spend a dime on anything that would make her wealthy. Sometimes that old what goes around comes around thing works.

I've also heard she's been offered $1,000,000 by Fox for an interview.

obx
07-07-2011, 10:42 AM
I've also heard she's been offered $1,000,000 by Fox for an interview.

Will it be in the fiction section?

fettpett
07-07-2011, 11:02 AM

i'm actually kinda surprised that Vivid even offered it to her, give it 5 years though and she'll have one

Apocalypse
07-07-2011, 11:08 AM
"A judge has sentenced Casey Anthony to four years in prison for lying to investigators..."

"... but says she can go free in late July or early August because she has already served nearly three years in jail and has had good behavior." (http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2011/07/07/us/AP-US-Casey-Anthony.html?_r=1)

So about 30 more days. That should give time to the prison to arrange her to leave without others knowing for "Her protection".

djones520
07-07-2011, 11:11 AM
"A judge has sentenced Casey Anthony to four years in prison for lying to investigators..."

"... but says she can go free in late July or early August because she has already served nearly three years in jail and has had good behavior." (http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2011/07/07/us/AP-US-Casey-Anthony.html?_r=1)

So about 30 more days. That should give time to the prison to arrange her to leave without others knowing for "Her protection".

Honestly, she may need it. Which is kinda sad.

hai
07-07-2011, 03:19 PM
The latest though is now they are saying there wasn't enough evidence. I'm like what?

The sticker on the skull,the computer searches,the fact that she went partying after Caylee went missing.

. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ~,_. . . ..~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .=,_. . . .-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .=-._. . .;,,./`. . / . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--

SaintLouieWoman
07-07-2011, 03:59 PM

She's not even getting that. I saw on my Verizon homepage that she's being freed July 13th. That's disgusting. :mad:

lacarnut
07-07-2011, 04:19 PM
Some people....

Why would anyone want to pay good money to read what that lying POS has to say. People that do, nauseate me. Watch, they will all be fighting over money before it is all over with. The whole family is f.....up from soup to nuts.

NJCardFan
07-07-2011, 04:22 PM
Why would anyone want to pay good money to read what that lying POS has to say. People that do, nauseate me. Watch, they will all be fighting over money before it is all over with. The whole family is f.....up from soup to nuts.

Women. That's the demographic. That's what 95 of the people hanging outside the courthouse were. When it comes to this crap, women are suckers. sorry but it's true.

lacarnut
07-07-2011, 04:35 PM
Women. That's the demographic. That's what 95 of the people hanging outside the courthouse were. When it comes to this crap, women are suckers. sorry but it's true.

Yep, not too many men I know tape or watch Days of Our Lives or as the World Turns.

SaintLouieWoman
07-07-2011, 06:38 PM
Yep, not too many men I know tape or watch Days of Our Lives or as the World Turns.

I don't think anyone is watching As The World Turns, remember something on one of the tv shows that it was cancelled after about a bajillion years. :D

And not many people tape anymore, maybe TIVO. :p

It's humiliating to admit, though, that probably more women were intrigued with the Casey Anthony story then guys. Personally, I didn't waste any of my time watching that trial.

Rockntractor
07-07-2011, 07:10 PM

What will you be doing now?:confused:

lacarnut
07-07-2011, 08:11 PM
I don't think anyone is watching As The World Turns, remember something on one of the tv shows that it was cancelled after about a bajillion years. :D

And not many people tape anymore, maybe TIVO. :p

It's humiliating to admit, though, that probably more women were intrigued with the Casey Anthony story then guys. Personally, I didn't waste any of my time watching that trial.

That just goes to show you how many years ago that my mother watched those programs. I used to chastise her about watching them. She had a TV in the living room and one in the kitchen to watch her two favorite soaps at the same time while she was cooking.

I am tired of hearing about the trial. I wish those losers would just go away.

NJCardFan
07-07-2011, 08:35 PM
What will you be doing now?:confused:

My usual. Watching baseball and going to work. I found the case interesting and watched it for the legal aspect and to see how our justice system worked. I didn't input emotion as most women do. There were women outside the courthouse crying. Why? They had no jack in this case. When I watched, I watched as if I were a juror and used that as the basis for my opinion. But it's over now and my life will go on.

Also, I just saw where one of the jurors said that the first vote went 10-2 to convict. So the question needs to be ask, who was in that jury room, Henry Fonda?

Rockntractor
07-07-2011, 08:49 PM
My usual. Watching baseball and going to work. I found the case interesting and watched it for the legal aspect and to see how our justice system worked. I didn't input emotion as most women do. There were women outside the courthouse crying. Why? They had no jack in this case. When I watched, I watched as if I were a juror and used that as the basis for my opinion. But it's over now and my life will go on.

Also, I just saw where one of the jurors said that the first vote went 10-2 to convict. So the question needs to be ask, who was in that jury room, Henry Fonda?

Whether you normally watch or not watch Oreilly tonight.

NJCardFan
07-07-2011, 11:10 PM
Whether you normally watch or not watch Oreilly tonight.

Still doesn't explain how a vote can go from 10-2 to convict to 12-0 to acquit in a matter of hours. It's just as unlikely to have a conviction vote in 10 1/2 hours as it is an acquit vote in the same time period especially considering at one time there was a 10-2 vote. How did 10 jurors flip their vote so quickly? All I picture is Henry Fonda as juror #8 holding out and 1 by 1 convincing each juror to the man's innocence.

Rockntractor
07-07-2011, 11:15 PM
Still doesn't explain how a vote can go from 10-2 to convict to 12-0 to acquit in a matter of hours. It's just as unlikely to have a conviction vote in 10 1/2 hours as it is an acquit vote in the same time period especially considering at one time there was a 10-2 vote. How did 10 jurors flip their vote so quickly? All I picture is Henry Fonda as juror #8 holding out and 1 by 1 convincing each juror to the man's innocence.

I didn't say he had all the answers, just some interesting commentary.

jendf
07-07-2011, 11:16 PM

I always imagine juries have made up their minds in the first five minutes and then just shoot the shit for a couple of days to make it look legit.

After listening to Juror #3's explanation, I've concluded that Casey got a jury of her peers (read: MORONS).

MountainMan
07-07-2011, 11:47 PM
It is time for this young lady to come out of prison and become a model citizen. I would like to see her do some voluntary community service at an inner city day care or something along those lines.

Rockntractor
07-07-2011, 11:55 PM
It is time for this young lady to come out of prison and become a model citizen. I would like to see her do some voluntary community service at an inner city day care or something along those lines.

:D

SaintLouieWoman
07-08-2011, 10:27 PM
O'Reilly gave the results of their online poll. It was simple, was Casey Anthony guilty or not guilty. Surprise, surprise, the results were 90% guilty, 10% not guilty.

Novaheart
07-08-2011, 10:42 PM
I have been defending the jury's decision because the prosecution didn't prove beyond a reasonable doubt that she did it. I'm watching a recap on MSNBC now, I take it back.

The prosecutor did prove her guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. But, as other prosecutors have complained, in a world where everyone sees CSI solved murders to a 100% certainty with chemistry, the jury mistakenly believed otherwise.

The cinch was the jailhouse video where unless everyone was performing a scripted farce, George and Cindy clearly did not dispose of the body because Casey is sitting there insisting that Zenaya had the kid.

CueSi
07-09-2011, 02:16 AM
Some people....

Vivid rescinded their offer by the way. Outcry from fans and the ACTORS THEMSELVES caused them to pull out (hurr hurr hurr). Even porn has standards, I guess. I wouldn't watch a porn with Casey Anthony in it.

~QC

txradioguy
07-09-2011, 03:48 AM
This is what happens when someone is tried in the court of public opinion before they are tried in a court of law.

These same "experts" and talking heads had the Duke lacrosse team convicted and wearing orange jumpsuits before the first juror had been picked.

And we all know how that one turned out once the facts were put before a jury.

AmPat
07-09-2011, 10:41 AM
We've gone too far down the road of lunacy to get a conviction. The prosecution did prove her guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Juries now go beyond this to beyond any possible doubt. :(

obx
07-09-2011, 10:47 AM
caused them to pull out (hurr hurr hurr).

~QC

Ha ha. Thats punny.