PDA

View Full Version : Obama looking like a one-term president - Salon

Silverhair
07-09-2011, 04:35 PM
DU link: http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1442199

Salon link: http://www.salon.com/news/2012_elections/index.html?story=/politics/war_room/2011/07/08/obama_one_term

Pretty active thread. They are all rather upset with Obama.

78. Hope and Change morphed into a steaming bucket of "fail" nt

84. Bullshit. Obama did this to himself, all by himself, by listening to the DLC wing. (nt)

86. Obama said he was A-OK with 1 term.
And nothing indicates he's changed his mind one bit.

And the BEST:

106. Obama is DESTROYING.
... the Democratic brand. I'd just as soon have a Republican as him, at least then they could get the blame for what is coming.

I think they are getting a bad case of the jitters over there.

Dan D. Doty
07-09-2011, 06:27 PM
These last three years have been nothing but misery ( I know they're always misable, but isn't the type they like) for the Moonbats,

They saw the rise the Tea Party ( which did more in a year and a half then they could in eight years).

They saw Obama was just another political hack that told them what they wanted to hear ( don't they always).

And worse of all ( and their major mistake) is they could be both in charge of everything and desenter at the same time.

SarasotaRepub
07-09-2011, 06:30 PM
These idiots really think they know what's best for this country. :eek::D

SaintLouieWoman
07-09-2011, 08:41 PM
106. Obama is DESTROYING.
... the Democratic brand. I'd just as soon have a Republican as him, at least then they could get the blame for what is coming

Sounds like what was said by many on this board when O was elected. And it was true---look at the rise of the tea party and the election of 2010.

lacarnut
07-10-2011, 12:24 AM
Hopefully many of these dummies will stay home and not vote. Obummer is going to have one hell of a time regurgitating the same enthusaism as in 08 cause hope and change ain't working.

AmPat
07-11-2011, 12:32 PM
Obama looking like a one-term president
I disagree; he hasn't "looked" presidential yet. When will he actually start acting like the president of the largest FREE REPUBLIC and less like a petulant, egotistical, narcissistic, dictator?

BadCat
07-11-2011, 09:20 PM
I disagree; he hasn't "looked" presidential yet. When will he actually start acting like the president of the largest FREE REPUBLIC and less like a petulant, egotistical, narcissistic, dictator?

don't hold your breath

Articulate_Ape
07-11-2011, 09:27 PM
don't hold your breath

There's a part of me that has been wondering if Obama cares? I almost sense that he looks at the presidency as a goal achieved...next? If you know what I mean. He probably would love to be an ex-president; the speech circuit (he loves to here himself talk), book deals, special treatment/no responsibility, etc.

Whether any of that is true or not, I dunno, but he sure as hell is the worst president of my lifetime. He has Carter beat and is now whittling away at Wilson.

SaintLouieWoman
07-11-2011, 10:55 PM
There's a part of me that has been wondering if Obama cares? I almost sense that he looks at the presidency as a goal achieved...next? If you know what I mean. He probably would love to be an ex-president; the speech circuit (he loves to here himself talk), book deals, special treatment/no responsibility, etc.

Whether any of that is true or not, I dunno, but he sure as hell is the worst president of my lifetime. He has Carter beat and is now whittling away at Wilson.

You just might be right. He obviously doesn't have much of a work ethic. Other than ego, why would he want another 4 years of responsibility? He sees Palin out there making all that cash. He'd have even more time for golf.

What almost tips off his strategy is the inordinate number of extremely expensive trips he and the extended family, cousins, MIL's, aunts, kids, etc are taking. It's a bucket list for him on the taxpayers' dime.

Articulate_Ape
07-11-2011, 10:55 PM
You just might be right. He obviously doesn't have much of a work ethic. Other than ego, why would he want another 4 years of responsibility? He sees Palin out there making all that cash. He'd have even more time for golf.

What almost tips off his strategy is the inordinate number of extremely expensive trips he and the extended family, cousins, MIL's, aunts, kids, etc are taking. It's a bucket list for him on the taxpayers' dime.

Exactly.

Apocalypse
07-11-2011, 11:18 PM
Couple of things I want to say.

I think Obama will run again and try his damnedest to win. He's never really been one for the job. Just the prestige that comes with it. All the perks. He would prefer to let Reid and Pelosi run the show while he is showered with rose petals on the way to play or relax. He loves the game of campaigning, but hates the day to day duties that comes with the office. It bores him. And he doesn't understand it all.

But back to DU.

Lets say day after Election Day.

Obama is defeated soundly. All these people pissed at him and saying they won't vote this time. When "Insert Conservative here" wins, want to bet they will be attacking each other for allowing it?

CueSi
07-12-2011, 01:43 AM

Part of me feels that he thinks he is entitled because he's the FIRST. He got there first and he shouldn't have to do shit. I mean, the man won the NOBEL PEACE PRIZE w/o even DOING ANYTHING!!! The world already loved this man the moment he was elected;so why do anything else?

I'm sure he wants to be president first, but . . . pretty much because it would look bad if he didn't. Our last two presidents were two termers, he'd look inadequate by comparison (because he is).

Then again, if he fails (which is entirely possible) he can blame it on racism, and all the white people who voted for him the first time will once again be branded "typical white people".

Ya'll can't win, can you? :p

~QC

Apache
07-12-2011, 02:43 AM

~QC

The racist charge will stick like mud to a waterfall...;)

djones520
07-12-2011, 11:09 AM
Then again, if he fails (which is entirely possible) he can blame it on racism, and all the white people who voted for him the first time will once again be branded "typical white people".

~QC

Not if Cain is our candidate. They couldn't even try to pull that card.

CueSi
07-12-2011, 10:00 PM
Not if Cain is our candidate. They couldn't even try to pull that card.

:D

ROFL...you're so cute, Jonsey.

<giggle. . . sigh>

-_- <serious face cause i iz seriouse

They will. They're already calling him an Uncle Tom.... Jon Stewart essentially got away with putting his toe in the water already (http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/hollywoodland/2011/06/23/herman-cain-fires-back-jon-stewart-mocked-me-with-amos-and-andy-voice/).

It's going to happen. What the question is for me is . . . will the black community buy it? From what i can tell, they will. And if it happens to the levels that I fear...

I jus' won' be black no' mo'. :p

~QC

Apache
07-12-2011, 11:33 PM
:D

ROFL...you're so cute, Jonsey.

<giggle. . . sigh>

-_- <serious face cause i iz seriouse

They will. They're already calling him an Uncle Tom.... Jon Stewart essentially got away with putting his toe in the water already (http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/hollywoodland/2011/06/23/herman-cain-fires-back-jon-stewart-mocked-me-with-amos-and-andy-voice/).

It's going to happen. What the question is for me is . . . will the black community buy it? From what i can tell, they will. And if it happens to the levels that I fear...

I jus' won' be black no' mo'. :p

~QC
The race card won't work this time. Just as it hasn't worked for Zero's guttersnipes. People are catching on to the fact that its his POLICIES, not his skin color, that don't work...;)

CueSi
07-13-2011, 12:23 AM
The race card won't work this time. Just as it hasn't worked for Zero's guttersnipes. People are catching on to the fact that its his POLICIES, not his skin color, that don't work...;)

$10 to the Gary Sinise foundation (http://www.garysinisefoundation.org/) if Cain gets the nod and a white liberal comedian makes a racial slur against Cain and gets away with it in the press?

~QC

Apache
07-13-2011, 10:44 AM
$10 to the Gary Sinise foundation (http://www.garysinisefoundation.org/) if Cain gets the nod and a white liberal comedian makes a racial slur against Cain and gets away with it in the press?

~QC

That's an easy $10 from me, and you know it...:eek:

Considering they ARE the guttersnipes I was referring to. I was talking about the general population :cool:

djones520
07-13-2011, 10:46 AM

~QC

Oh they'll attempt it, no question about it. But it's going to have so little credibility (not that it ever had any before) that people will see it for what it is.

Not to mention that Cain is the type of guy who will point out how hypocritcal they are. I'd love to see that.

CueSi
07-13-2011, 05:48 PM
That's an easy $10 from me, and you know it...:eek:

Considering they ARE the guttersnipes I was referring to. I was talking about the general population :cool:

Hence the choice of charity, LOL.

~QC