PDA

View Full Version : Anyone notice that most Atheists seem mean?

hai
07-10-2011, 02:54 PM
Because it seems that many Atheists seem mean compared to people who are Catholic/Christian. Because it seems most Atheists only care about themselves,while many Christians/Catholics seem to be more charitable.

txradioguy
07-10-2011, 02:57 PM
Because it seems that many Atheists seem mean compared to people who are Catholic/Christian. Because it seems most Atheists only care about themselves,while many Christians/Catholics seem to be more charitable.

I notice it every time 99.9% of the Atheists post here trying to convince us their religion is the way and the light.

Rockntractor
07-10-2011, 03:00 PM
Yes, except for Hamps.........well he's mean too sometimes but I think that's because he's a Brit.
I used to know a theist that was mean too!

djones520
07-10-2011, 03:08 PM
I notice it every time 99.9% of the Atheists post here trying to convince us their religion is the way and the light.

99.9%?

Hamps, Marv, and myself are all Atheists, and we rarely partake in those discussions. Counter that with... Wilbur and Wei? I'd say your math is a bit off.

Starbuck
07-10-2011, 03:09 PM
.....Because it seems most Atheists only care about themselves,while many Christians/Catholics seem to be more charitable......

Nonsense. How many atheists do you really know? And I have no idea why you put the slant through Christian and Catholic (who are also Christian). Some Christians are charitable; some not. Some Atheists are charitable; some not.
The only Atheists you could possibly know are the ones willing to argue their point.

Starbuck
07-10-2011, 03:10 PM
Hamps, Marv, and myself are all Atheists, ...............

And me.

hai
07-10-2011, 03:12 PM
Nonsense. How many atheists do you really know? And I have no idea why you put the slant through Christian and Catholic (who are also Christian). Some Christians are charitable; some not. Some Atheists are charitable; some not.
The only Atheists you could possibly know are the ones willing to argue their point.

Well one i know is a relative of mine from Marseilles.

Sorry.

djones520
07-10-2011, 03:13 PM
Well one i know is a relative of mine from Marseilles.

Sorry.

So you have a french asshole relative, and decide to paint the rest of us in a bad light?

Rockntractor
07-10-2011, 03:15 PM
99.9%?

Hamps, Marv, and myself are all Atheists, and we rarely partake in those discussions. Counter that with... Wilbur and Wei? I'd say your math is a bit off.

You're mean as hell, of course you don't believe in hell, but anyway.:rolleyes:

djones520
07-10-2011, 03:15 PM
You're mean as hell, of course you don't believe in hell but anyway.:rolleyes:

I'm not mean to everyone. Just you.

Rockntractor
07-10-2011, 03:30 PM
I'm not mean to everyone. Just you.

I'm a mean magnet.

Stay tuned for our next episode of how Hai see's it when Hai asks "why is the sky blue?":D

hai
07-10-2011, 03:32 PM
I'm a mean magnet.

Stay tuned for our next episode of how Hai see's it when Hai asks "why is the sky blue?":D

Sorry,dude.

I wrote it when i first woke up.

Rockntractor
07-10-2011, 03:34 PM
Sorry,dude.

I wrote it when i first woke up.

No problem, I thoroughly enjoyed it!:D

txradioguy
07-10-2011, 04:59 PM
99.9%?

Maybe a little bit of an exaggeration. And definitely sarcastic. Don't forget the Dirty Bird and a couple others that escape my immediate memory.

But you and Hamps and Marv were/are firmly in my thought pattern when I typed what I did above as the nice Atheists who don't throw it up in everyone else's face like a red flag in front of a bull.

I truly meant no harm or offense to any of the three of you.

fettpett
07-10-2011, 06:33 PM
I'm a mean magnet.

well you see the Oxygen molecules reflect the blue of the light spectrum.....;):D

Rockntractor
07-10-2011, 06:37 PM
well you see the Oxygen molecules reflect the blue of the light spectrum.....;):D

There goes his episode for next week!:D

fettpett
07-10-2011, 08:44 PM
There goes his episode for next week!:D

ah damn...i spoiled the surprise ;) :D

The Night Owl
07-13-2011, 08:12 PM
Because it seems that many Atheists seem mean compared to people who are Catholic/Christian.

If atheists seem mean it could be because there is no nice way to tell religious people that their deeply held beliefs are false.

Because it seems most Atheists only care about themselves,while many Christians/Catholics seem to be more charitable.

The Bible teaches that unbelievers are fools. That's not a charitable view, is it?

:D

Rockntractor
07-13-2011, 08:16 PM
If atheists seem mean it could be because there is no nice way to tell religious people that their deeply held beliefs are false.

You aren't mean Hootie, some atheists are, some aren't, we just think of you as special.

Rockntractor
07-13-2011, 08:19 PM
The Bible teaches that unbelievers are fools. That's not a charitable view, is it?

:D

A book is not needed to reach that conclusion with you, only a read through your most recent posts, and that alone can cause IQ loss.

Bailey
07-13-2011, 09:02 PM
You aren't mean Hootie, some atheists are, some aren't, we just think of you as special.

Special Ed special?