PDA

View Full Version : Jaycee Dugard Interview

jendf
07-10-2011, 11:45 PM
I'm watching this interview right now and am bawling my eyes out. If I ever complain about my life, smack me. I can't get over how gracious and mature she is considering all she endured for 18 years.

By JESSICA HOPPER
July 7, 2011

Now free, Jaycee Dugard revels in the simplest of freedoms after spending 18 years being held captive by Phillip and Nancy Garrido.

"Now I can walk in the next room and see my mom," Dugard told ABC News' Diane Sawyer in an exclusive interview. "Wow. I can decide to jump in the car and go to the beach with the girls. Wow, it's unbelievable, truly."

Dugard chose to tell her story in a new memoir "A Stolen Life" and in an intimate conversation with Sawyer.

Dugard, now 31, lives a life no longer dictated by the manipulation and control of her kidnappers. She lives with her mom and two daughters. And the simple things, to her, are now remarkable. Like saying her own name, which Garrido had forbidden her to speak or even write.

Phillip Garrido was sentenced to 431 years in prison in June. Nancy Garrido is serving a sentence of 36 years to life in prison.

Read more: http://abcnews.go.com/US/jaycee_dugard/jaycee-dugard-interview-california-woman-kidnapped-phillip-garrido/story?id=14013182

AmPat
07-11-2011, 12:29 PM
She has chosen to be a gracious lady that deserves all the good things life deserves. She could have become a pathetic human being and a leech on society (one that I would completely understand), instead she is a well adjusted, intelligent lady with dignity and self respect. I admire her and would welcome her into my own family. I wish some of my relatives could rise to her level.

noonwitch
07-11-2011, 01:05 PM
She has chosen to be a gracious lady that deserves all the good things life deserves. She could have become a pathetic human being and a leech on society (one that I would completely understand), instead she is a well adjusted, intelligent lady with dignity and self respect. I admire her and would welcome her into my own family. I wish some of my relatives could rise to her level.

I am amazed that she is doing so well. Thank God.

She had to grow up to protect her daughters. I suspect she was pretty well-adjusted before the abduction, or she wouldn't have survived.