PDA

View Full Version : Do you ever feel like you were born in the wrong time?

CaughtintheMiddle1990
07-13-2011, 12:24 PM
Myself I wish I could've gotten to experience the 30s-mid 70s here. The rise, high point, and decline of Americana.

Bailey
07-13-2011, 12:38 PM
Myself I wish I could've gotten to experience the 30s-mid 70s here. The rise, high point, and decline of Americana.

I wish I could've had my best sexual years in the 70's all that free love and no aids :(

linda22003
07-13-2011, 12:45 PM
I wish I could've had my best sexual years in the 70's all that free love and no aids :(

It was every bit as wonderful as you suspect it was. ;):D

Bailey
07-13-2011, 01:08 PM
It was every bit as wonderful as you suspect it was. ;):D

I hate you.....:p :D

noonwitch
07-13-2011, 02:25 PM
I am confident that I am in the right time and right place to do what God expects me to do in this lifetime.

I used to think it would be fun to live in the world of Laura Ingalls Wilder's childhood (the 1880s). This was mostly due to my childhood love of all "girlie" clothes, especially granny dresses. They looked much cuter on elementary school girls, like me in the early 70s, than on the dirty hippie adult women that made them into a fashion trend. I like electricity and running water too much to want that now.

lacarnut
07-13-2011, 02:39 PM

The Hong Kong Dong is worse than aids.

Wei Wu Wei
07-13-2011, 02:56 PM
I always have the feeling that I'm living in the wrong present. That is to say, I always feel like this reality is actually a crazy twilight zone alternate-reality.

It's like when people write alternate history books, what if's, and the scenarios are always insane and ridiculous. I feel like this history I am stuck in is one of these crazy alternate histories.

It's just too bad that even if this is a crazy alternate reality, there is no such thing as a "correct" version of reality.

JB
07-13-2011, 03:54 PM
I always have the feeling that I'm living in the wrong present. What present do you think you belong in? Or what time period?

fettpett
07-13-2011, 04:18 PM
I always have the feeling that I'm living in the wrong present. That is to say, I always feel like this reality is actually a crazy twilight zone alternate-reality.

It's like when people write alternate history books, what if's, and the scenarios are always insane and ridiculous. I feel like this history I am stuck in is one of these crazy alternate histories.

It's just too bad that even if this is a crazy alternate reality, there is no such thing as a "correct" version of reality.

guess it depends on what theory of reality you believe in, Many Worlds theory or not

CaughtintheMiddle1990
07-13-2011, 05:19 PM
I sometimes feel like I've died or something and this is Limbo or something, or I just respawned in another universe. I also mind fuck myself with those "What is your life is just a coma dream?" kind of lines of thinking. There's a lot of times where by all means, I should've died but somehow survived.

Bailey
07-13-2011, 05:24 PM
I sometimes feel like I've died or something and this is Limbo or something, or I just respawned in another universe. I also mind fuck myself with those "What is your life is just a coma dream?" kind of lines of thinking. There's a lot of times where by all means, I should've died but somehow survived.

I am not a shrink but it seems like you need to get your pipes cleaned. All that pent up energy is really messing your mind up.

CaughtintheMiddle1990
07-13-2011, 05:28 PM
I am not a shrink but it seems like you need to get your pipes cleaned. All that pent up energy is really messing your mind up.

I don't seriously entertain those thoughts, they're just fun to like, mind fuck yourself with. Like, all the weird things about life and the universe to consider.

NJCardFan
07-13-2011, 08:35 PM
What present do you think you belong in? Or what time period?

WeeWee wishes he lived in North Korea.

As for me, I always felt that I would have been comfortable in the 1940's.

Kay
07-13-2011, 08:52 PM
1820-30-ish would be my time.
Pre Civil War days of the 1800s.

A second choice would be the 1300s era.
Lots of neat things happened in the 1300s.

Rockntractor
07-13-2011, 08:56 PM
1820-30-ish would be my time.
Pre Civil War days of the 1800s.

You would have wanted to be in a place where there were no Indian wars, they had a way of cutting your hair to closely.

KhrushchevsShoe
07-13-2011, 09:29 PM

Haha

I dont mind living here and now. There are little things I have problems with that are a big part of our times (social networking, cable news) but all in all it could be worse. I get to be around for the fall of an empire, not many people can say that.