PDA

View Full Version : Obama Throws Tantrum And Storms Out Of Debt Talks

Apocalypse
07-14-2011, 08:27 AM
President Obama abruptly walks out of talks

President Barack Obama abruptly walked out of a stormy debt-limit meeting with congressional leaders Wednesday, a dramatic setback to the already shaky negotiations.

“He shoved back and said ‘I’ll see you tomorrow’ and walked out,” House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) told reporters in the Capitol after the meeting....

“Eric, don’t call my bluff,” the president said, warning Cantor that he would take his case “to the American people.” He told Cantor that no other president — not Ronald Reagan, the president said — would sit through such negotiations....

On exiting the room, Obama said that “this confirms the totality of what the American people already believe” about Washington, according to a Democratic official familiar with the negotiations, and that officials are “too focused on positioning and political posturing” to make difficult choices.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0711/58937.html#ixzz1S58kLBev

fettpett
07-14-2011, 09:27 AM
now's the time to walk away call his bluff, or present a plan to the American people and skip this jerk all together

AmPat
07-14-2011, 09:28 AM
Or;

Nothing new, Obama doesn't get his way and acts his usual self; an immature no-class Pretender-In-Chief.:cool:

Arroyo_Doble
07-14-2011, 09:31 AM
Congratulation Congressman Cantor on your election as House Speaker.

Oh, and "don't call my bluff"? What a stupid thing to say. Which means, it probably wasn't said.

djones520
07-14-2011, 09:34 AM

Oh, and "don't call my bluff"? What a stupid thing to say. Which means, it probably wasn't said.

Right, cause he's never said stupid shit like that before at these meetings?

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0109/17862.html

fettpett
07-14-2011, 09:34 AM

House Majority Leader, typo

Arroyo_Doble
07-14-2011, 09:39 AM
Right, cause he's never said stupid shit like that before at these meetings?

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0109/17862.html

Cantor is self-aggrandizing. You can see that, I hope.

djones520
07-14-2011, 09:40 AM

As long as you can see that Obama can act like an immature ass at times like these.

Arroyo_Doble
07-14-2011, 09:45 AM
As long as you can see that Obama can act like an immature ass at times like these.

He can definitely be an immature ass. That interview with the Texas reporter showed that. And I can even see him getting frustrated with trying to figure out who he is negotiating with. If it is some elaborate good-cop-bad-cop thing then it is not working. If it is just insider Republican Party palace intrigue with Cantor trying to make a move on the Speaker's position, Obama should walk out until the party can sort out their leadership problems.

AmPat
07-14-2011, 09:50 AM
He can definitely be an immature ass. That interview with the Texas reporter showed that. And I can even see him getting frustrated with trying to figure out who he is negotiating with. If it is some elaborate good-cop-bad-cop thing then it is not working. If it is just insider Republican Party palace intrigue with Cantor trying to make a move on the Speaker's position, Obama should walk out until the party can sort out their leadership problems.

Cantor speaking without authority from Boener is much more unlikely that O Blah Blah not saying something stupid. Your liberal fantasy is interfering with reality again.:cool:

fettpett
07-14-2011, 09:56 AM

Cantor is the Republican Leader in the House, Boenher is the Leader of the ENTIRE House, BIG difference

Arroyo_Doble
07-14-2011, 09:59 AM
Cantor is the Republican Leader in the House, Boenher is the Leader of the ENTIRE House, BIG difference

So the Republican Whip is calling the shots on this one?

djones520
07-14-2011, 10:22 AM
So the Republican Whip is calling the shots on this one?

What does Rep. McCarthy have to do with this?

Arroyo_Doble
07-14-2011, 10:52 AM
What does Rep. McCarthy have to do with this?

My mistake. I confused the Majority Leader with the Majority Whip.

Rebel Yell
07-14-2011, 10:54 AM
My mistake. I confused

;):D

Arroyo_Doble
07-14-2011, 11:01 AM
;):D

Great. Chop the sentence and I sound like Tonto :cool:

lacarnut
07-14-2011, 12:16 PM
Great. Chop the sentence and I sound like Tonto :cool:

More like his horse, Scout...hee-haw.:p

Articulate_Ape
07-14-2011, 02:04 PM
My mistake. I confused the Majority Leader with the Majority Whip.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Arroyo_Doble
07-14-2011, 02:34 PM
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt." ~ Abraham Lincoln

I guess that explains why you are quoting someone else, then.

txradioguy
07-14-2011, 02:36 PM

Not so much fanboy.

He's been the only one in the room acting like an adult that's put forth a real legitimate plan to reign in the budget.

Self aggrandizing is inviting someone from the other political party to sit in the front row of your press conference and trash them.

Articulate_Ape
07-14-2011, 04:29 PM
I guess that explains why you are quoting someone else, then.

Oh snap.:rolleyes:

jnkbortka
07-14-2011, 05:53 PM
http://questioningwithboldness.files.wordpress.com/2011/07/obama-storms-out-of-debt-negotiations.gif

Zafod
07-14-2011, 06:06 PM
http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5281/5282245724_d3a95e64a8.jpg

Molon Labe
07-14-2011, 07:27 PM
President Obama abruptly walks out of talks

President Barack Obama abruptly walked out of a stormy debt-limit meeting with congressional leaders Wednesday, a dramatic setback to the already shaky negotiations.

Pure political theatre. Bravo! Best I've seen in a while.

Starbuck
07-14-2011, 08:40 PM
It would have been a good time for Cantor to say," Look behind you, Mr President. No one is following."

But then, that already got said.

He said.:D