PDA

View Full Version : Florida has been conquered by barbarians. – A glimpse of the future.

SarasotaRepub
07-19-2011, 01:43 PM
O.M.G. (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1521655) :eek:

Cyrano (1000+ posts) Tue Jul-19-11 12:01 PM
Original message Florida has been conquered by barbarians. – A glimpse of the future.

Florida’s Governor, Rick Scott, and the Florida Republican-controlled congress, are showing us the knuckle dragger’s vision of America.

The damage they have done and are trying to do is too vast to list here. But let me give you a few examples:

I know a couple of seniors in care centers/nursing homes, who are on Medicaid, and are living in mortal fear that they will, literally, be put out on the street. Scott wants to totally eliminate the existence of Medicaid, and even the concept of it. It hasn’t happened yet, but it’s on the not-to-distant horizon and in the dreams/blueprint of Scott and his ilk. And yes, nursing home residents will have no place to go except the cemetery.

Union busting is of course on their agenda and Scott and his cronies are well on the way to destroying teachers unions, fire fighters unions, police unions, and every other union across the state. What the hell. Let’s just turn teaching over to the fundies, firefighting over to companies that charge to save your house, and policing over to Black Water.

The list of outrages goes on, but you get the idea. And this is not just the America that Rick Scott wants. It’s a glimpse of the America that today’s Republican Party envisions and is doing everything possible to bring about.

Anyone who is not yet aware that America is about to drown in a sea of insanity, needs to wake up. Either that, or spend what's left of their lives wondering what the hell happened while they weren’t paying attention.

Hmmmm...I don't see any links to back up anything...anyone else???? :confused::D

noonwitch
07-19-2011, 03:17 PM
My union is full of crap about our governor, too-they keep telling us he's going to take collective bargaining rights away from us. We haven't had collective bargaining as state employees since Gov. Engler took it away in the 90s. We survived that.

The only public sector union in Michigan that I know has CB rights is the NEA/ATF. Maybe some municipalities still do, but they are few and far between. I know one thing: my union is supposed to be representing me and my coworkers who are employed by the state government, not teachers who are employed by school boards.

So why is my union claiming to be fighting to maintain collective bargaining rights that we don't even have?

Apache
07-19-2011, 04:30 PM
O.M.G. (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1521655) :eek:

Hmmmm...I don't see any links to back up anything...anyone else???? :confused::D

I don't either...

I hope he washed his hands after he pulled that from his ass...:eek:

NJCardFan
07-19-2011, 04:40 PM
Scott wants to totally eliminate the existence of Medicaid
Um, a governor doesn't have the authority to eliminate a federal program. :rolleyes:

Irish Mom
07-19-2011, 04:41 PM
My union is full of crap about our governor, too-they keep telling us he's going to take collective bargaining rights away from us. We haven't had collective bargaining as state employees since Gov. Engler took it away in the 90s. We survived that.

The only public sector union in Michigan that I know has CB rights is the NEA/ATF. Maybe some municipalities still do, but they are few and far between. I know one thing: my union is supposed to be representing me and my coworkers who are employed by the state government, not teachers who are employed by school boards.

So why is my union claiming to be fighting to maintain collective bargaining rights that we don't even have?

My husbands union has been using fear and distortion to keep the rank and file all riled up. It's sad. And so many members simply believe everything the union reps tell them . . the are truly sheep.

Unions are nothing more than legalized extortion.

Dan D. Doty
07-20-2011, 03:49 AM
Cocain Cowboys murding people who piss them off, Gang Bangers shooting up the streets, looters stealing everything that isn't nailed down after a hurricane hits, none of this bother Cyrano.

But disagree withthe little nutjob, or challenge the drama playing in his head, then its the end civilization. :rolleyes:

AmPat
07-20-2011, 08:41 AM

Naw. It's just Cyrano sticking his nose into somebody elses business.

AmPat
07-20-2011, 08:44 AM

So why is my union claiming to be fighting to maintain collective bargaining rights that we don't even have?All unions are full of crap. Most of the members join just to maintain a job. The unions need to go. They are as outdated as outhouses.

the director
07-21-2011, 01:53 PM
I know a couple of seniors in care centers/nursing homes, who are on Medicaid, and are living in mortal fear that they will, literally, be put out on the street.

Translation: He read a human interest story on dailykos.

Madisonian
07-21-2011, 07:39 PM
Wasn't Florida conquered by barbarians about the time of the Mariel boat lift about 30 years ago?
Or was that only Miami?

noonwitch
07-25-2011, 08:46 AM
All unions are full of crap. Most of the members join just to maintain a job. The unions need to go. They are as outdated as outhouses.

I like the people who run my local union-the ones that handle workplace issues and such. It's the national and the leaders they send to promote protests and such that irritate me.