PDA

View Full Version : World of Darkness game coming out,Does anyone think it will be any good.

hai
07-19-2011, 08:56 PM
Because earlier at a bookstore while checking out the music area i heard some people talking about a World of Darkness MMO coming out.

Because i have some books that are Vampire the Masquerade,and such.

Rockntractor
07-19-2011, 09:00 PM
Will we be able to see it?:confused:

fettpett
07-19-2011, 09:48 PM
interesting, I wonder how many former White Wolf employees are involved. I played it once, it was fairly cool. I liked the fact that there was more than just werewolves but other were-animals.

Underworld movies are heavily based on the RPG, in fact the author that wrote the screenplay wrote a WoD book with near identical story line as the first movie. White Wolf sued over it.

hai
07-19-2011, 10:13 PM
interesting, I wonder how many former White Wolf employees are involved. I played it once, it was fairly cool. I liked the fact that there was more than just werewolves but other were-animals.

Underworld movies are heavily based on the RPG, in fact the author that wrote the screenplay wrote a WoD book with near identical story line as the first movie. White Wolf sued over it.

Yeah,i saw the Original Underworld film,i read the same too about the makers of the movie being sued.

fettpett
07-19-2011, 10:33 PM
Yeah,i saw the Original Underworld film,i read the same too about the makers of the movie being sued.

too little too late for them, White Wolf ended up merging with CCP in 2006

though a WoD MMO run by arguably one of the best MMO companies in the world would be pretty badass

fettpett
07-19-2011, 10:38 PM
From Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underworld_%282003_film%29#Legal_controversy)

The film was the subject of a copyright infringement lawsuit filed by White Wolf, Inc. and Nancy A. Collins claiming the setting was too similar to the Vampire: The Masquerade and Werewolf: The Apocalypse games, both set in the World of Darkness setting, and the Sonja Blue vampire novels. White Wolf filed 17 counts of copyright infringement, and claimed over 80 points of unique similarity between White Wolf's game systems and the movie. White Wolf, Inc. also claimed the script was very similar to a story entitled The Love of Monsters (1994) which they published and was written by Nancy A. Collins.[1][2] In September 2003, a judge granted White Wolf an expedited hearing. The lawsuit ended in a confidential settlement.[3]

guess it was settled, Lakeshore Entertainment and Screen Gems Productions probably saw how much money they could get off the movies and made a settlement, bet White Wolf/CCP got a good chunk of money off their 3 movies

hai
07-20-2011, 11:19 PM
Of course i liked Werewolf the Apocalypse,i feel they ruined it a little with Werewolf The Forsaken. White Wolf,what were they thinking?

A Red Talon tribal necklace i have.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6140/5959907662_9d6bb437b8_z.jpg

hai
07-21-2011, 11:55 PM
From Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Underworld_%282003_film%29#Legal_controversy)

guess it was settled, Lakeshore Entertainment and Screen Gems Productions probably saw how much money they could get off the movies and made a settlement, bet White Wolf/CCP got a good chunk of money off their 3 movies

Yeah,only thing is their membership support seems to be hard to contact. I once had a Camarilla membership card,but i lost it and i'm having troubles renewing my membership with the fanclub. :(

hai
07-22-2011, 07:48 PM
The number of lurkers viewing this thread,but not replying un-nerves me.