PDA

View Full Version : Black Privilege..by Robin of Berkeley

megimoo
07-21-2011, 01:04 PM
Robin of Berkeley: Personally, I have never had a moment of white guilt in my life. Now this is a significant statement given that I am Jewish and from New York. I feel guilty about pretty much everything!

One of my friends voluntarily attended an event recently, one that I wouldn't go to for a million bucks (well, maybe a million bucks). It was called Erasing White Privilege. My friend, whom I'll call Andrea, sat in a room with other whites on one side, and people of color on the other.

Then the whites sheepishly confessed any real or imagined offenses perpetuated against a person of color.

After the whites tried to atone for their guilt, the people of color got involved: yelling at them, preaching, and discharging much rage.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/07/black_privilege.html

Bailey
07-21-2011, 02:22 PM
Linky no worky :(

Rockntractor
07-21-2011, 02:31 PM
Linky no worky :(

Ugh, workum now!:D

NJCardFan
07-21-2011, 06:27 PM
I'd love to be in this group and before it started, I would stand up and cite one simple Bible verse:

"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?"-Matthew 7:3

CueSi
07-21-2011, 07:20 PM
Black privilege exists just as white privilege does. It seems only one is discussed by academics. I don't need a white person's apology for an event they weren't present at or alive for.

But if you did just call me the n word, then apologize, dammit. What is so hard about people to not be an asshole, period? :p

~QC

ColonialMarine0431
07-21-2011, 08:02 PM
Hey Darkies. Who do you think sold you people to the Whiteys? Whitey didn't go into the jungles of Africa to catch you. Your "brothas" did. And slaverly still exists there today where darkies sell darkies to each other. LMAO!!! :D

SarasotaRepub
07-21-2011, 08:45 PM
How many fucking times have I warned this shithead???

Does anyone want to defend CM???? :rolleyes:

CueSi
07-21-2011, 08:59 PM
How many fucking times have I warned this shithead???

Does anyone want to defend CM???? :rolleyes:

No. It just depresses me b/c I had a crush on him before this crap started happening. :(

~QC

Rockntractor
07-21-2011, 09:02 PM
No. It just depresses me b/c I had a crush on him before this crap started happening. :(

~QC

We really tried, both of us with messages, warnings and every chance we could give him, too many chances really. I really liked the guy.

Hawkgirl
07-21-2011, 09:03 PM
Then the whites sheepishly confessed any real or imagined offenses perpetuated against a person of color.

After the whites tried to atone for their guilt, the people of color got involved: yelling at them, preaching, and discharging much rage.

http://www.americanthinker.com/2011/07/black_privilege.html

This is beyond ridiculous. Any person that attends these, either black or white, will never move forward. Every country has parts of history that they'd like to rewrite. Ask the Germans. Wallowing in the past, will only leave you there.

Hawkgirl
07-21-2011, 09:05 PM
We really tried, both of us with messages, warnings and every chance we could give him, too many chances really. I really liked the guy.

Weird, I doubt he'd make these comments to his brothers of service. It's too bad. You'd think the Marines would smack this thinking out of ya! I suppose some still slip through the cracks.

SarasotaRepub
07-21-2011, 09:06 PM

~QC

Nitwit picked the wrong night to annoy me. One of the dawgs threw up twice on the newly cleaned rug in the bedroom and I had to clean it up...:mg:

CueSi
07-21-2011, 09:07 PM

I ain't even mad.

~QC

Rockntractor
07-21-2011, 09:08 PM
Nitwit picked the wrong night to annoy me. One of the dawgs threw up twice on the newly cleaned rug in the bedroom and I had to clean it up...:mg:

Did you scotch guard it, or when they asked if you wanted to did you say no I don't drink scotch?:confused:

Rockntractor
07-21-2011, 09:09 PM
I ain't even mad.

~QC

I know your not, it's just disappointing.

SarasotaRepub
07-21-2011, 09:10 PM
Did you scotch guard it, or when they asked if you wanted to did you say no I don't drink scotch?:confused:

Grrrrrrrrr...:lol:

Kay
07-21-2011, 09:15 PM
Well....I have to stand up and say that I like the heck out of Colonial Marine.
I've been knowing him on two different boards now, shared a few PMs in
passing, and while he might have a tendency to be very not-PC and push
the rules on racially charged posts, I admire that he is openly honest and
consistent in always being himself. I will always be proud to call him my
friend anytime or place.

That said, I also know rules are rules, and he has been warned already
about racially charged posts, so I can't defend the intentional ignoring
of warnings that were given.

On the other hand, if you brush aside the racist tone, the post CM made
above is pretty much true in point. Black tribes in Africa were taking each
other prisoner in slavery long before and long after it became lucrative for
them to sell outside the country to white European and Western buyers.
It is a practice that still goes on there even today is it not?

Speedy
07-21-2011, 09:19 PM
Weird, I doubt he'd make these comments to his brothers of service. It's too bad. You'd think the Marines would smack this thinking out of ya! I suppose some still slip through the cracks.

He could have articulated it better, but you can't change facts. A lot of the slave trade was Black Africans conquering and selling other Blacks. Slavery was legal in The Sudan a little more than a decade ago. Blacks were every bit at fault for the fate of the Blacks who were shipped to America and I have yet to hear any wailing, shrieking or yowling about how guilty they are.

I never enslaved anyone, I do not know anyone who enslaved anyone (except Misstress Helga at Katrina's House of Pain), and I do not know anyone who has ever been enslaved. I do not give a shit one way or the other, do not feel in the least way guilty about and heartily mock anyone who can't get the fuck over it.

Hawkgirl
07-21-2011, 09:21 PM
On the other hand, if you brush aside the racist tone, the post CM made
above is pretty much true in point. Black tribes in Africa were taking each
other prisoner in slavery long before and long after it became lucrative for
them to sell outside the country to white European and Western buyers.
It is a practice that still goes on there even today is it not?

While CM may be correct in a historical sense, his presentation and delivery was uncalled for. It's the racist tone that he's been previously warned about that he continues to ignore. He's a MARINE, for that I thank him for his service...but he should've learned to curb the racial overtones..by now.

Hawkgirl
07-21-2011, 09:25 PM
He could have articulated it better, but you can't change facts. A lot of the slave trade was Black Africans conquering and selling other Blacks. Slavery was legal in The Sudan a little more than a decade ago. Blacks were every bit at fault for the fate of the Blacks who were shipped to America and I have yet to hear any wailing, shrieking or yowling about how guilty they are.

I'm sure everyone here knows the history of slavery in the US....but one doesn't have to be offensive about it.
And as for the topic at hand, as I said in a previous post..it's RIDICULOUS.

Speedy
07-21-2011, 09:29 PM
I'm sure everyone here knows the history of slavery in the US....but one doesn't have to be offensive about it.
And as for the topic at hand, as I said in a previous post..it's RIDICULOUS.

I was not giving a history lesson, just pointing out the hypocracy of those who keep demanding an apology and restitution, yet do not wallow in the guilt they demand of others. I don't feel guilt. I do feel contempt and superiority because people like that could never be my equal.

Odysseus
07-21-2011, 09:30 PM
While CM may be correct in a historical sense, his presentation and delivery was uncalled for. It's the racist tone that he's been previously warned about that he continues to ignore. He's a MARINE, for that I thank him for his service...but he should've learned to curb the racial overtones..by now.

Exactly. It's not what he said, it's the derogatory and inflammatory way that he said it.

Kay
07-21-2011, 09:42 PM

Yes I definitely agree with you. Like I said, I love the guy but
he's not quite house-broken yet when it comes to exercising
self-restraint in his language according to the time, place and
company. I know that he was warned several times not to
let it happen again, so I can't defend him for ignoring a direct
order from the boss.

NJCardFan
07-21-2011, 10:10 PM
SR, invest in one of these. Believe me, you'll thank me for it.

http://lh4.googleusercontent.com/public/ckvWG6GDd0i0-daGuXLqoAyXUtFrYkNIIeOopbIWL6_uWtxhqR-ha6mHromH9Rig7lLw_gZACSSpH1lk1574SlEuMAYfZgSfgJB93 Xdp8c3RKHYpjE59TeYK2wJqswXR7b_OOprSoPdg9z75P_q2Sqq l4uTJ

Apache
07-21-2011, 10:14 PM
Wow! where the heck have I been? I was saddened to see such terms used on this board, especially a poster I liked...damn...! I don't wish to revisit his past transgressions, considering I never knew of them in the first place:nono:

Good on you SR for the swift action.

PS. like the smilies :D

nightflight
07-21-2011, 10:16 PM
If white folks must be held collectively guilty for the evils some whites did, does that mean all white folks should be lauded for the good some white folks did?

Apache
07-21-2011, 10:20 PM
If white folks must be held collectively guilty for the evils some whites did, does that mean all white folks should be lauded for the good some white folks did?

only if they are teh ghey...:rolleyes: