PDA

View Full Version : Obama Temper Tantrum Reaches Expiration Date.."I will not yield on this."

megimoo
07-21-2011, 02:19 PM
07/21/2011
Remember last week, when President Obama threw a fit and stormed out of budget negotiations with the House Republican leadership? Do you recall what made him blow a fuse? It was when House Majority Leader Eric Cantor suggested a short-term deal to raise the debt limit a bit, because Democrats and Republicans could use more time to settle their differences.
snip
At any rate, I was not in the room last Wednesday, but Barack Obama was. His response to Cantor’s short-term deal proposal was to snarl, “I’ve reached my limit. This may bring my presidency down, but I will not yield on this.” Then he walked out of the room.

President Barack Obama would accept a short-term increase in the federal government's $14.29 trillion borrowing limit if congressional leaders reach agreement on a "significant" deficit-reduction plan before Aug. 2 but need more time to pass legislation, a White House spokesman said Wednesday.

This is going to be tough for Obama defenders to deal with. What happened to the mighty lion who gave Eric Cantor a face full of his swishing tail, because opposing short-term deals was important enough to risk his presidency?
snip
Realizing how childish and petulant this made the President look, liberals flocked to talk shows and online discussion forums, desperately insisting that Obama’s walkout was a principled act of statesmanship. The Great Leader was right to punctuate his dismissal of short-term deals by letting Eric Cantor eat doorknob. A grand bargain must be reached at once. The time for dragging feet was over, and the hour for putting them down was at hand!

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?print=yes&id=45009