PDA

View Full Version : Do you plan to pay the mandated premiums (Obamacare)?

Irish Mom
07-21-2011, 02:24 PM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1539648

eilen Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Thu Jul-21-11 06:14 PM
Original message
2014-- Do you plan to pay the mandated premiums or

will you pay the fine instead? I ask because so many will not be able to afford the premiums. When I was a kid, we had no insurance because our family was so broke, our country was in a recession and inflation was a big problem. There were 10 kids including my stepfamily. My stepdad brought home meat from work (managed a slaughterhouse). My parents each worked 2 jobs.

What??!!

Irish Mom
07-21-2011, 02:25 PM
MNBrewer (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Thu Jul-21-11 06:17 PM
Response to Original message
1. Unemployed, so... who knows?

What will the premiums be? What will the fine be? Will the Government put me in jail for not being able to pay the fine? At least there I'll have health care.

Total morons. Oy.

Irish Mom
07-21-2011, 02:29 PM
Uben Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Thu Jul-21-11 06:21 PM
4. I'm trying......

...since we are retired, but too young to get Medicare, insurance premiums for a cancer survivor are very high......as in $25K/yr high! They have gone from $700/mo when we retired to over $2100/mo now. Can't get insurance anywhere else, so we can't drop it.
Don't qualify for high-risk pool because we have insurance coverage now. You have to be without it for 6 months to qualify....what friggin idiot wrote that in? Uummmm . . Obama. They want you to risk financial disaster for 6 months before giving you something you MAY be able to afford. We're thinking about dropping it and putting the money in a healthcare savings account.

NNNNNnnnnnooooooooo! Not an evil health savings account!!!

marv
07-21-2011, 05:08 PM
Buit aren't those the folks who wanted it because they thought healthcare would be free and paid for by the very rich?

When you vote for a hope'n'change lottery ticket, you very, very, very seldom win anything, except a lighter pocket, and no change!

Speedy
07-21-2011, 06:26 PM
I ain't paying for shit! Maybe when we get a proper President, but never for this guy. It just would not feel right.

Madisonian
07-21-2011, 06:29 PM
Fortunately, owning a very small business and being basically self employed, I am exempt from the mandate.
Even if I weren't, I think I would force them to fine me before I would submit to the government any proof that I have a policy.

the director
07-21-2011, 08:47 PM
Fortunately, owning a very small business and being basically self employed, I am exempt from the mandate.
Even if I weren't, I think I would force them to fine me before I would submit to the government any proof that I have a policy.

Could I create some small crappy website that generates $2 a year in ad revenue, call it my "small business", and not have to pay the fine or get insurance?

LLC cost + webhosting cost - ad revenue = much cheaper than the fine/health insurance.

Speedy
07-21-2011, 08:54 PM
Could I create some small crappy website that generates $2 a year in ad revenue, call it my "small business", and not have to pay the fine or get insurance?

LLC cost + webhosting cost - ad revenue = much cheaper than the fine/health insurance. I am not paying on just general principal. I did not vote for that Clown. I wanted no part of it and I will not participate.

Rockntractor
07-21-2011, 09:00 PM

Okay, that is good news for me, can you show me where you found that little tid bit?:confused:

the director
07-21-2011, 09:16 PM
I am not paying on just general principal. I did not vote for that Clown. I wanted no part of it and I will not participate.

Technically you are going to pay for it whether you like it or not. The "fine" plus taxes in general will support the socialized health care - it is forced compliance.

So the real way to stick it to them is to find a loophole to get out of it completely. While one can't avoid paying taxes period, one can at least directly avoid paying for the monstrosity.

Irish Mom
07-21-2011, 09:16 PM
bvar22 Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Thu Jul-21-11 07:35 PM
25. Even with the subsidy,

which will be given directly to the health Insurance Corporations,
most people won't be able to use the Junk Insurance they are forced to BUY because of High deductible/High Co-Pays.

This is a Ticking Time Bomb that explodes in 2014.
Democrats will be unelectable for a generation.

All the Republicans have to do is sit back and say,
"Yep. We voted against it."

Don't you hate it when someone "gets it" and ruins it for the rest . . :D

Speedy
07-21-2011, 09:25 PM
Technically you are going to pay for it whether you like it or not. The "fine" plus taxes in general will support the socialized health care - it is forced compliance.

So the real way to stick it to them is to find a loophole to get out of it completely. While one can't avoid paying taxes period, one can at least directly avoid paying for the monstrosity.

I have owned my own business since 2003, except for a brief period from 2006-2007. I have yet to pay any federal taxes. I have lived well, played hard, have a lot of toys but on paper I have lost money every year. If I did not pay taxes under President Bush who I liked and respected, I sure as hell won't be chipping in for this guy. I would probably make an effort and take a giant shit on his head if his hair was on fire but not much more than that.