PDA

View Full Version : iPhone experiences

jendf
07-22-2011, 12:51 AM
I'm due to get a new phone soon here and I'm seriously considering the iPhone.

Anyone have one? Pluses? Minuses?

Kay
07-22-2011, 01:05 AM
I have an IPhone4 and love it.

megimoo
07-22-2011, 01:08 AM

Android vs. BlackBerry vs. iPhone

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/mowi/article.php/3860411/Best-Smartphone-for-IT-Blackberry-vs-iPhone-vs-Android.htm

Read the Comments.....

hampshirebrit
07-22-2011, 03:48 AM
I have an IPhone4 and love it.

Same here.

Rockntractor
07-22-2011, 09:38 AM
I'll stick with blackberry for now.

Bailey
07-22-2011, 10:06 AM
I will stick with my Droid Thunderbolt which eats the Iphone 4 lunch. Iphone fans are similar to Ronulans :) they are both a bit cultish :D

I am kidding the Ronulans aren't cultish :)

newshutr
07-22-2011, 11:12 AM
New Blackberry phones coming out in the late summer..early fall. Android speed processors, Memory galore..touch screens..

Plus a rumored QNX OS that will probably allow Android apps, just like the Blackberry Playbook is designed to.

Plus if anyone needs help with their Blackberry Phone, add me... 322e669d

I've helped over 7000 people at my.blackberry.com

fettpett
07-22-2011, 01:27 PM
I have one Apple product, and it'll be the only one I ever buy (Ipod). Most Droids eat Iphones for lunch

Bailey
07-22-2011, 01:30 PM
I have one Apple product, and it'll be the only one I ever buy (Ipod). Most Droids eat Iphones for lunch

Yes and like all non apple products vs apple products they are more adaptable,

jnkbortka
07-22-2011, 02:13 PM
i like my iphone. it's a good little piece of hardware. the problem is with apple's totalitarian bullshit. you should jailbreak it if you get one

RobJohnson
08-22-2011, 06:16 AM
I like my Motorolla Droid. Of course, both are now owned by Google...

Everyone I know with an iPhone seems to like it.

hoplophobe
08-22-2011, 11:02 AM
I have an iPhone 4 and love it. It is easy to use, the screen is fantastic and has been very reliable. I have had mine for almost a year now and have had no problems with it that powering it down and restarting could not resolve.

The 5 should be coming out soon so you may want to wait for it hit the stores.

RobJohnson
08-24-2011, 05:39 AM
Sprint is getting the iPhone now also...

megimoo
08-24-2011, 09:13 AM

OPENING THIS FALLL: .....Iphone 5...

Sprint Nextel will begin selling Apple's iPhone 5 in mid-October, people familiar with the matter told the Wall Street Journal.
snip
Sprint also will carry the iPhone 4 at the same time, the source told the paper.

This a big win for Sprint, which had blamed a decline in subscribers to competition from Verizon and AT&T, which both were able to sell the popular phone.....However, there may be some concern about Apple's business as some had expected that the iPhone 5 would be released by the end of September, which would have put those sales in Apple's third quarter..... Now, those expected sales will be shifted into the fourth quarter.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/44245978

ralph wiggum
08-24-2011, 09:18 AM
New Blackberry phones coming out in the late summer..early fall. Android speed processors, Memory galore..touch screens..

Plus a rumored QNX OS that will probably allow Android apps, just like the Blackberry Playbook is designed to.

Plus if anyone needs help with their Blackberry Phone, add me... 322e669d

I've helped over 7000 people at my.blackberry.com

Interesting. I've been eligible for an upgrade since April, but I got a newer BB Curve as an almost free replacement for a malfunctioning one in January.

Several of my friends have I-Phones and are trying to convert me. I can't get used to the touch screen, although I'm sure I would eventually. I'm just so used to the Blackberry.

One of my friends that I visited this weekend has a Samsung Galaxy (don't know what version). Her touch-screen was MUCH easier to navigate than the I-Phone.

I'm in no hurry to upgrade, but will be curious to keep reading and hearing other opinions.

newshutr
08-24-2011, 11:26 PM
Interesting. I've been eligible for an upgrade since April, but I got a newer BB Curve as an almost free replacement for a malfunctioning one in January.

Several of my friends have I-Phones and are trying to convert me. I can't get used to the touch screen, although I'm sure I would eventually. I'm just so used to the Blackberry.

One of my friends that I visited this weekend has a Samsung Galaxy (don't know what version). Her touch-screen was MUCH easier to navigate than the I-Phone.

I'm in no hurry to upgrade, but will be curious to keep reading and hearing other opinions.

The QNX OS phone which is named "Colt" is supposed to be a little bundle of awesomeness. If you have or know of someone whom has a Blackberry Playbook, the QNX OS on it is amazing.

I'm so used to my Blackberry phone..had them for about 7 years... I tried an Android...gave it back after a week of a crappy battery life and touchscreen..

RobJohnson
08-29-2011, 06:51 AM
I have a Droid 2 with a slide out keyboard. But I actually was able to get used to the touch screen and seem to like it. I doubt that I have used the slide out keyboard more then four times in the past year...

creepingdeath
08-29-2011, 11:20 AM
I used an Iphone for years, and really liked it. The apps do all sorts of things that save me time, and amuse me to boot. The company I work for bought out a phone business, so we all moved to the phones that we made, as that is what you do. I have been using an Ipod touch 4 as well, to keep going with the apps. Now that the company I work for has decided to stop making the phones, I'll likely go back to an Iphone4 or 5 if my present phone dies (it;s too bad they quit, I really like it). The last Iphone I had was a 3gs, and it was rather good.

Droid is cool too, but as a guy that spends a lot of time tweaking things, and need a phone for business use, it's just best that I use a relatively closed platform, before I screw myself up :)

fettpett
08-30-2011, 06:34 PM
got my first smart phone yesterday...it's pretty cool, going to wait a bit before I try rooting it or anything like that. Sidekick 4G

Bubba Dawg
08-30-2011, 07:06 PM
I have an iPhone 3GS and like it. I listen to a lot of podcasts on mine.