PDA

View Full Version : Why The Idiot Bill Mahers Says What He says ?

megimoo
07-22-2011, 01:00 AM
21 July 2011
Comedian-commentator Bill Maher has been getting a lot of attention lately for trying to get a lot of attention. He generally goes about this by using sexist hate speech against attractive, powerful, and intelligent conservative women like Sarah Palin and Michele Bachmann, calling them female vulgarisms, for instance, or, as most recently, hosting comedians who fantasize aloud about sexually abusing them.
snip
“All they are saying is, ‘I hate Michele Bachmann,’ ‘I hate Sarah Palin.’ Except they’re saying, ‘I [expletive] hate Michele Bachmann,’ ‘I [expletive] hate Sarah Palin.’ And then conservative blogs and this show say, ‘Oh, they use the f-word,’ and then they get 8 billion times more viewers.”

As so often, Coulter makes a good point. Maher, who is only just so funny and only just so bright and only just so popular, seems rather desperately to be turning himself into a moral Elephant Man in an attempt to draw the gawkers. The dignified reaction would be to walk on by, warning the children not to stare at the poor fellow because he has an affliction, God bless him.

I suppose it would also be self-diminishing to allow oneself to feel frustrated by the fact that the leftists of the so-called mainstream media regularly twist themselves into knots to make conservative speech sound hateful while ignoring the routine and open hatefulness that permeates the speech on their side and theirs alone.
snip
But with a bow to Coulter’s wisdom, there does seem to me to be one thing worth saying about Maher and the others. Their ugliness seems to be escalating day by day, and with it the dishonesty, distortions, and bullying anger of their mainstream-media fellow travelers.

There’s a reason for this, I think. It’s the increasingly apparent failure of Barack Obama. With the notable exception of Osama bin Laden’s execution, the Obama presidency has resembled nothing so much as an episode of Mr. Bean, one slapstick misadventure after another.

The stagnant economy, the rising unemployment, the staggering, soon-to-be-crippling debt—hiked more under Obama than under every president from Washington to Reagan combined—these can no longer be blamed on his predecessor but are his to own.

This has to be fantastically humiliating for our left-wing media. If you’ve forgotten what they were like during Obama’s 2008 candidacy—the weirdly sexual thrills up their legs, the unreasoning comparison of Obama with America’s greatest men, the pseudo-religious idolatry—you have only to turn to August’s edition of Esquire to find a representative reminder that has to be read to be believed.

It’s a column from Canadian writer Stephen Marche hilariously titled “How Can We Not Love Obama?” and subtitled “Because like it or not, he is all of us.” At one point, Marche writes: “‘I am large, I contain multitudes,’ Walt Whitman wrote, and Obama lives that lyrical prophecy.

” And later—and I swear I’m not making this up: “Barack Obama is developing into what Hegel called a ‘world-historical soul,’ an embodiment of the spirit of the times. He is what we hope we can be.”

What might once have been dismissed as an embarrassing lapse into bobby-soxer squealery now has to be recognized as a desperate attempt to keep a dying euphoria alive. Likewise the increasingly low and vulgar meanness of Maher and all his cronies.

http://www.city-journal.org/2011/eon0721ak.html

namvet
07-22-2011, 10:44 AM
his lobotomy surgery failed

The Night Owl
07-22-2011, 12:00 PM
But with a bow to Coulter’s wisdom, there does seem to me to be one thing worth saying about Maher and the others. Their ugliness seems to be escalating day by day, and with it the dishonesty, distortions, and bullying anger of their mainstream-media fellow travelers.

Coulter's wisdom? The lady thinks we bombed Egypt...

http://www.thenation.com/video/161910/does-ann-coulter-really-believe-us-bombed-egypt

Embarrassing.

AmPat
07-22-2011, 12:18 PM

http://www.thenation.com/video/161910/does-ann-coulter-really-believe-us-bombed-egypt

Embarrassing.

She displays much more intelligence than al the liberals combined and a thousand times more than your god, O Blah Blah. At least she knows basic economics, monetary logic, mathematical reason, and an accurate idea of how to pronounce Corpsman and the number of States in the United States.:cool:

Bailey
07-22-2011, 12:31 PM

Embarrassing.

I bet she knows how many states are in the Union unlike the magic negro. lol

Rockntractor
07-23-2011, 12:57 AM

Embarrassing.

Your brain is on vacation Hootie!
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/Funny-Owl.jpg

MrsSmith
07-23-2011, 05:16 AM
If you compare Coulter to Maher, you find that her facts are true while his are often not, her humor is more often funny while his is course and vulgar, and her overall knowledge base has to be at least 10x more accurate. Of course, liberals hate her. She can poke holes in all their favorite theories, and lets the light in to show the inner flaws and intolerance. Liberals just can't stand "uppity" minorities, you know...

The Night Owl
07-23-2011, 12:15 PM
If you compare Coulter to Maher, you find that her facts are true while his are often not, her humor is more often funny while his is course and vulgar, and her overall knowledge base has to be at least 10x more accurate. Of course, liberals hate her. She can poke holes in all their favorite theories, and lets the light in to show the inner flaws and intolerance. Liberals just can't stand "uppity" minorities, you know...

It's amazing that Ann Coulter, someone who built a career on analyzing current events, could be so misinformed about the 2011 Egyptian revolution. Then again, her admirers believe everything she says or writes and so perhaps it's not surprising that she doesn't have to do her homework, so to speak, to impress them.

Bailey
07-23-2011, 12:24 PM
It's amazing Ann Coulter, someone who built a career on analyzing current events, could be so misinformed about the 2011 Egyptian revolution. Then again, her admirers believe everything she says or writes and so perhaps it's not surprising that she doesn't have to do her homework, so to speak, to impress them.

Again she knows how many states that are in the US, while the magic negro does not.

The Night Owl
07-23-2011, 12:38 PM
Again she knows how many states that are in the US, while the magic negro does not.

That's just silly. All of us have at some point said one thing when we meant another thing. Obama saying "57 states" was just that sort of flub. What Coulter did on Real Time with Bill Maher was to forcefully argue that the US bombed Egypt or threatened to bomb Egypt. This is a very uninformed person we're talking about.

Rockntractor
07-23-2011, 12:40 PM
That's just silly. All of us have at some point said one thing when we meant another thing. Obama saying "57 states" was just that sort of flub. What Coulter did on Real Time with Bill Maher was to forcefully argue that the US bombed Egypt or threatened to bomb Egypt. This is a very uninformed person we're talking about.

He also resurrected a deceased servicemen recently to give him a medal.:rolleyes:

obx
07-23-2011, 01:49 PM
I bet she can pronounce "corpsman".

Rockntractor
07-23-2011, 01:53 PM

But she can't play Chameleon and adapt the accent of whoever she is talking to or about, he is so sincere that way!

txradioguy
07-23-2011, 02:02 PM
It's amazing Ann Coulter, someone who built a career on analyzing current events, could be so misinformed about the 2011 Egyptian revolution. Then again, her admirers believe everything she says or writes and so perhaps it's not surprising that she doesn't have to do her homework, so to speak, to impress them.

What was she wrong about?

txradioguy
07-23-2011, 02:03 PM

She knows which of the recent MoH recipients are alive and which are dead too.

BadCat
07-23-2011, 02:12 PM
I'd bet she knows when her birthday is and if she had a daughter, she'd know how old the daughter is.

Obumble doesn't know either of those things.

The Night Owl
07-23-2011, 02:53 PM
What was she wrong about?

See post #3.

Rockntractor
07-23-2011, 02:58 PM
See post #3.

What do you think of dear old Joe trying to get a wheelchair bound man to stand up?

The Night Owl
07-23-2011, 03:05 PM
What do you think of dear old Joe trying to get a wheelchair bound man to stand up?

Not much. Do you honestly believe that Joe Biden doesn't understand that people in wheelchairs are in them for a reason?

Rockntractor
07-23-2011, 03:07 PM
Not much. Do you honestly believe that Joe Biden doesn't understand that people in wheelchairs are in them for a reason?

What about Obama lying about his mother on her death bed, why do I waste my time with a lying shill like you?

txradioguy
07-23-2011, 03:14 PM
What about Obama lying about his mother on her death bed, why do I waste my time with a lying shill like you?

Let's not forget meeting a dead recipient of the Medal of Honor.

Rockntractor
07-23-2011, 03:27 PM
Let's not forget meeting a dead recipient of the Medal of Honor.

I got that in post#11 we could play this with hootie all day!:D

AmPat
07-24-2011, 11:41 AM

Before you continue to fellate every liberal from O Blah Blah to Maher,, please explain how you know in your vast knowledge base that this brain-dead administration had absolutely no plan to bomb Egypt. Maybe Coulter meant Libya? :confused:

fettpett
07-24-2011, 02:47 PM
of course we had plans to bomb Eygpt, if the US Military didn't have them drawn up, then they are stupid.

Odysseus
07-25-2011, 01:00 PM

Perhaps she just needs to get in some golf? That usually relaxes Obama. In fact, it seems to have relaxed him to the point of catatonia. Why else would he have said the following:

"We're not trying to push financial reform because we begrudge success that's fairly earned. I mean, I do think at a certain point you've made enough money. But, you know, part of the American way is, you know, you can just keep on making it if you're providing a good product or providing good service. We don’t want people to stop, ah, fulfilling the core responsibilities of the financial system to help grow our economy." —on Wall Street reform, Quincy, Ill., April 29, 2010

"One such translator was an American of Haitian descent, representative of the extraordinary work that our men and women in uniform do all around the world -- Navy Corpse-Man Christian Brossard." –mispronouncing "Corpsman" (the "ps" is silent) during a speech at the National Prayer Breakfast, Washington, D.C., Feb. 5, 2010 (The Corpsman's name is also Christopher, not Christian)

"The Middle East is obviously an issue that has plagued the region for centuries." --Tampa, Fla., Jan. 28, 2010

"UPS and FedEx are doing just fine, right? It's the Post Office that's always having problems." –attempting to make the case for government-run healthcare, while simultaneously undercutting his own argument, Portsmouth, N.H., Aug. 11, 2009

"The Cambridge police acted stupidly." —commenting on a white police officer's arrest of black scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr. at his home in Cambridge, Mass., at a news conference, July 22, 2009

"The reforms we seek would bring greater competition, choice, savings and inefficiencies to our health care system." --in remarks after a health care roundtable with physicians, nurses and health care providers, Washington, D.C., July 20, 2009

"It was also interesting to see that political interaction in Europe is not that different from the United States Senate. There's a lot of -- I don't know what the term is in Austrian, wheeling and dealing." --confusing German for "Austrian," a language which does not exist, Strasbourg, France, April 6, 2009

"No, no. I have been practicing...I bowled a 129. It's like -- it was like Special Olympics, or something." --making an off-hand joke during an appearance on "The Tonight Show", March 19, 2009 (Obama later called the head of the Special Olympics to apologize)

"I didn't want to get into a Nancy Reagan thing about doing any seances." --after saying he had spoken with all the living presidents as he prepared to take office, Washington, D.C., Nov. 7, 2008 (Obama later called Nancy Reagan to apologize)

"I think when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody." -- defending his tax plan to Joe the Plumber, who argued that Obama's policy hurts small-business owners like himself, Toledo, Ohio, Oct. 12, 2008

"What I was suggesting -- you're absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith..." --in an interview with ABC's George Stephanopoulos, who jumped in to correct Obama by saying "your Christian faith," which Obama quickly clarified (Watch video clip)

"I'm here with the Girardo family here in St. Louis." --speaking via satellite to the Democratic National Convention, while in Kansas City, Missouri, Aug. 25, 2008

"Just this past week, we passed out of the U.S. Senate Banking Committee -- which is my committee -- a bill to call for divestment from Iran as way of ratcheting up the pressure to ensure that they don't obtain a nuclear weapon." --referring to a committee he is not on, Sderot, Israel, July 23, 2008

"Let me be absolutely clear. Israel is a strong friend of Israel's. It will be a strong friend of Israel's under a McCain...administration. It will be a strong friend of Israel's under an Obama administration. So that policy is not going to change." --Amman, Jordan, July 22, 2008

"How's it going, Sunshine?" --campaigning in Sunrise, Florida

"On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes -- and I see many of them in the audience here today -- our sense of patriotism is particularly strong."

"Hold on one second, sweetie, we're going to do -- we'll do a press avail." --to a female reporter for ABC's Detroit affiliate who asked about his plan to help American autoworkers

"I've now been in 57 states -- I think one left to go." --at a campaign event in Beaverton, Oregon

"Why can't I just eat my waffle?" --after being asked a foreign policy question by a reporter while visiting a diner in Pennsylvania

"It's not surprising, then, they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations." --explaining his troubles winning over some working-class voters

"The point I was making was not that Grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn't. But she is a typical white person, who, if she sees somebody on the street that she doesn't know, you know, there's a reaction that's been bred in our experiences that don't go away and that sometimes come out in the wrong way, and that's just the nature of race in our society."

"Come on! I just answered, like, eight questions." --exasperated by reporters after a news conference

"You're likeable enough, Hillary." --during a Democratic debate

"In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died -- an entire town destroyed." --on a Kansas tornado that killed 12 people

Nope, nothing stupid there. Just liberalism, which is much the same.

The Night Owl
07-25-2011, 01:11 PM
Perhaps she just needs to get in some golf? That usually relaxes Obama. In fact, it seems to have relaxed him to the point of catatonia. Why else would he have said the following:

"We're not trying to push financial reform because we begrudge success that's fairly earned. I mean, I do think at a certain point you've made enough money. But, you know, part of the American way is, you know, you can just keep on making it if you're providing a good product or providing good service. We don’t want people to stop, ah, fulfilling the core responsibilities of the financial system to help grow our economy." —on Wall Street reform, Quincy, Ill., April 29, 2010

"One such translator was an American of Haitian descent, representative of the extraordinary work that our men and women in uniform do all around the world -- Navy Corpse-Man Christian Brossard." –mispronouncing "Corpsman" (the "ps" is silent) during a speech at the National Prayer Breakfast, Washington, D.C., Feb. 5, 2010 (The Corpsman's name is also Christopher, not Christian)

"The Middle East is obviously an issue that has plagued the region for centuries." --Tampa, Fla., Jan. 28, 2010

"UPS and FedEx are doing just fine, right? It's the Post Office that's always having problems." –attempting to make the case for government-run healthcare, while simultaneously undercutting his own argument, Portsmouth, N.H., Aug. 11, 2009

"The Cambridge police acted stupidly." —commenting on a white police officer's arrest of black scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr. at his home in Cambridge, Mass., at a news conference, July 22, 2009

"The reforms we seek would bring greater competition, choice, savings and inefficiencies to our health care system." --in remarks after a health care roundtable with physicians, nurses and health care providers, Washington, D.C., July 20, 2009

"It was also interesting to see that political interaction in Europe is not that different from the United States Senate. There's a lot of -- I don't know what the term is in Austrian, wheeling and dealing." --confusing German for "Austrian," a language which does not exist, Strasbourg, France, April 6, 2009

"No, no. I have been practicing...I bowled a 129. It's like -- it was like Special Olympics, or something." --making an off-hand joke during an appearance on "The Tonight Show", March 19, 2009 (Obama later called the head of the Special Olympics to apologize)

"I didn't want to get into a Nancy Reagan thing about doing any seances." --after saying he had spoken with all the living presidents as he prepared to take office, Washington, D.C., Nov. 7, 2008 (Obama later called Nancy Reagan to apologize)

"I think when you spread the wealth around, it's good for everybody." -- defending his tax plan to Joe the Plumber, who argued that Obama's policy hurts small-business owners like himself, Toledo, Ohio, Oct. 12, 2008

"What I was suggesting -- you're absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith..." --in an interview with ABC's George Stephanopoulos, who jumped in to correct Obama by saying "your Christian faith," which Obama quickly clarified (Watch video clip)

"I'm here with the Girardo family here in St. Louis." --speaking via satellite to the Democratic National Convention, while in Kansas City, Missouri, Aug. 25, 2008

"Just this past week, we passed out of the U.S. Senate Banking Committee -- which is my committee -- a bill to call for divestment from Iran as way of ratcheting up the pressure to ensure that they don't obtain a nuclear weapon." --referring to a committee he is not on, Sderot, Israel, July 23, 2008

"Let me be absolutely clear. Israel is a strong friend of Israel's. It will be a strong friend of Israel's under a McCain...administration. It will be a strong friend of Israel's under an Obama administration. So that policy is not going to change." --Amman, Jordan, July 22, 2008

"How's it going, Sunshine?" --campaigning in Sunrise, Florida

"On this Memorial Day, as our nation honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes -- and I see many of them in the audience here today -- our sense of patriotism is particularly strong."

"Hold on one second, sweetie, we're going to do -- we'll do a press avail." --to a female reporter for ABC's Detroit affiliate who asked about his plan to help American autoworkers

"I've now been in 57 states -- I think one left to go." --at a campaign event in Beaverton, Oregon

"Why can't I just eat my waffle?" --after being asked a foreign policy question by a reporter while visiting a diner in Pennsylvania

"It's not surprising, then, they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations." --explaining his troubles winning over some working-class voters

"The point I was making was not that Grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn't. But she is a typical white person, who, if she sees somebody on the street that she doesn't know, you know, there's a reaction that's been bred in our experiences that don't go away and that sometimes come out in the wrong way, and that's just the nature of race in our society."

"Come on! I just answered, like, eight questions." --exasperated by reporters after a news conference

"You're likeable enough, Hillary." --during a Democratic debate

"In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died -- an entire town destroyed." --on a Kansas tornado that killed 12 people

Nope, nothing stupid there. Just liberalism, which is much the same.

Anyone who is on camera as much as a US president is bound to make flubs. Ann Coulter's remarks about the Egyptian Revolution weren't flubs. She just didn't know what she was talking about.

Zathras
07-25-2011, 01:39 PM
http://0.tqn.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/e/5/2/leave-obama-alone.jpg

Fixed

AmPat
07-25-2011, 01:42 PM
Anyone who is on camera as much as a US president is bound to make flubs. Ann Coulter's remarks about the Egyptian Revolution weren't flubs. She just didn't know what she was talking about.

Blowing O Blah Blah this long must be tiring TNO. Why don't you display an ounce of honesty and admit he is a loser and not nearly as intelligent as you libertards would have us believe?:cool:

Odysseus
07-25-2011, 03:34 PM

Appointing a bigoted communist to a Czar position wasn't a flub. Tanking the 'US economy wasn't a flub. Not knowing how to pronounce corpsman isn't a flub (it reflects a complete lack of familiarity with military culture). Arguing for socialistic wealth redistribution isn't a flub. Apologizing for American history isn't a flub. Insulting our allies and sucking up to our enemies wasn't a flub. Annexing the auto and health industries wasn't a flub. Imposing illegal threats against Chrysler's bondholders wasn't a flub.

The only real question is where Obama's ignorance and arrogance end and his malice begins.

AmPat
07-25-2011, 04:37 PM
Appointing a bigoted communist to a Czar position wasn't a flub. Tanking the 'US economy wasn't a flub. Not knowing how to pronounce corpsman isn't a flub (it reflects a complete lack of familiarity with military culture). Arguing for socialistic wealth redistribution isn't a flub. Apologizing for American history isn't a flub. Insulting our allies and sucking up to our enemies wasn't a flub. Annexing the auto and health industries wasn't a flub. Imposing illegal threats against Chrysler's bondholders wasn't a flub.

The only real question is where Obama's ignorance and arrogance end and his malice begins.

A great question. I believe the first two are intimately entangled in the third. Nice group of attributes for the Chief diplomat of the United States.:cool:

The Night Owl
07-25-2011, 05:14 PM
Not knowing how to pronounce corpsman isn't a flub (it reflects a complete lack of familiarity with military culture).

Says the military guy who misspells (http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showpost.php?p=353856&postcount=58) his Commander-in-Chief's name.

Zathras
07-25-2011, 05:42 PM

Fixed

Odysseus
07-26-2011, 12:46 AM
Says the military guy who misspells (http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showpost.php?p=353856&postcount=58) his Commander-in-Chief's name.

You're hitting me for a typo? Seriously? And that's all that you got out of that litany of idiocies from Obama?

Get help.

The Night Owl
07-26-2011, 01:22 AM
You're hitting me for a typo? Seriously? And that's all that you got out of that litany of idiocies from Obama?

Get help.

That's what Obama's pronunciation of the word "corpsman" was-- a verbal typo. A flub. Get over it.

AmPat
07-26-2011, 10:10 AM
That's what Obama's pronunciation of the word "corpsman" was-- a verbal typo. A flub. Get over it.Liar! He said it twice. You get over your God.:cool:

Zathras
07-26-2011, 10:35 AM

Fixed

jnkbortka
07-26-2011, 11:31 AM
http://www.scottrogersart.com/Files/Graphic%20Design/Crazy-Owl-logo.jpg

Odysseus
07-26-2011, 01:52 PM
That's what Obama's pronunciation of the word "corpsman" was-- a verbal typo. A flub. Get over it.

Once, it's a flub, although even that indicates a serious disconnect with the military. Twice is shoddy staff work and a complete disregard for how badly embarrassed their boss is, not to mention a level of cluelessness on the boss' part that demonstrates that he doesn't care how ignorantly he comes off.

And, that's 1 out of 24 examples that you've answered. Do you concede that the other 23 demonstrate his appalling ignorance, willful disregard for the facts and complete incompetence?

AmPat
07-26-2011, 02:36 PM
Once, it's a flub, although even that indicates a serious disconnect with the military. Twice is shoddy staff work and a complete disregard for how badly embarrassed their boss is, not to mention a level of cluelessness on the boss' part that demonstrates that he doesn't care how ignorantly he comes off.

And, that's 1 out of 24 examples that you've answered. Do you concede that the other 23 demonstrate his appalling ignorance, willful disregard for the facts and complete incompetence?

That would require a liberal to admit his God is a complete idiot and is wrong. It would require a liberal to embrace a level of honesty that liberals cannot live with. Neither are likely.:cool:

Zathras
07-26-2011, 04:26 PM
That would require a liberal to admit his God is a complete idiot and is wrong. It would require a liberal to embrace a level of honesty that liberals cannot live with. Neither are likely.:cool:

Especially a dishonest fucktard like The Shit Bird. Honesty would make him burst into flames like a vampire in the sun.

Molon Labe
07-26-2011, 06:16 PM
Bill Maher is a douchebag (http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bill-Maher-is-a-douchebag/192911990723249)