PDA

View Full Version : Ice Cold Kentucky Maple Lemonades

megimoo
07-22-2011, 09:42 PM
The bourbon and maple syrup give it a depth of flavor a lot of warm weather drinks lack, and the lemonade makes you wish you were out on a patio somewhere, watching a summer storm roll in.

Or use an Ice Cream Freezer and make Into a Sorbet and add bourbon when serving ...No Ice Cream Maker ?
..Freeze In Shallow Plastic container and shave with a spoon .

1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (with an efficient squeezer, you should get this plus up to 1/3 cup extra from 2 pounds of 8 lemons)
2 1/2 cups cold water, plus additional if needed
1/4 to 1/2 cup maple syrup

Mix lemon juice with 2 1/2 cups water and 1/4 cup maple syrup. Taste for sweetness. If you like your lemonade sweeter, add remaining 1/4 cup maple syrup.

If you found the sweetness just right, add an additional 1/4 cup cold water instead.

Stir to mix. This will yield 1 quart of maple lemonade.
Fill a glass with ice. 1 or 1 1/2 shots of good bourbon.

Pour your desired amount of bourbon over the ice, fill the glass the rest of the way with maple lemonade and let the force of summer be with you.

megimoo
07-22-2011, 10:30 PM
Fresh Fruit Frozen Sorbets

Triple digits. It's going to be a hot one. As they say. High 0ver 103 is what my dashboard weatherman is telling me.

With a Sorbet You are basically only adding frozen fruit, a bit of accent liquid and enough sweetener to get it to that sweet-tart sorbet flavor.

I like to use plenty of creamy fruits to make my sorbet have optimal texture - so it's not too icy and more creamy. I add in bananas, mango and even pineapple when possible. Bananas are really the best for getting that creamy sorbet texture.

All sorbets listed are fat free!

Fruity Summer Sorbets

Add all ingredients to a high speed blender .

slightly thaw the frozen fruit so that it easily blends - but is still frosty.

Blend until smooth - do not overblend. You do not want to "melt" the mixture. Keep it as thick and frosty as possible.
Pour into freezer-friendly container.

A chilled metal container works best. If you can find small metal containers to chill for your sorbet - grab them!
Chill until firm.
Scoop and serve!

Strawberry Banana
1 pkg frozen strawberries
1 1/2 bananas
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/3 cup maple syrup

Pineapple Banana
2 bananas
1 pkg frozen pineapple
1/2 cup lemon juice
1/3 cup maple syrup
try coconut milk instead of lemon juice for an ultra creamy sorbet (not fat free)

Blueberry/Raspberry/Maple Sorbet
1 pkg frozen wild Blueberries
1 pkg frozen wild Raspberrys
1 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup maple syrup
1 banana
optional: 1/2 tsp ginger powder or grated fresh ginger OR dash of cayenne

Spicy Mango
1 pkg frozen mango
1 banana
1/3 cup lemon juice
1/2 cup maple syrup
a few dashes of cayenne powder

Ingredient subs: You can easily substitute the maple syrup with agave syrup. And the lemon juice can be subbed with lime juice. A hint of citrus zest is also a nice touch.