PDA

View Full Version : Your Basic Legalize Drugs Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

CueSi
08-23-2011, 08:50 PM
Legal drugs will kill you just as easily as illegal ones will. Seem like legal ones are the preferred method for celebs. I am not moving the goal post. You are the one that is crawfishing back in your hole.

Don't get mad. Go get one of your dildos and fuck yourself.

I get amused at those that are so adamant about legalizing drugs cause they have likely used illegal drugs and are too chicken shit to admit it. Some strippers use drugs. Don't tell me you did not do a little coke at parties or partake of legal drugs.

I don't know, you're the one making the bet to salvage your ego here. I'm not disputing legal drugs and their ability to kill. That was never the issue.

If you paid attention, I've admitted to using x and pot multiple times. I do not do well with stimulants, so I never did coke. And also if you paid attention, I am not for legalizing all drugs.

~QC

lacarnut
08-23-2011, 08:58 PM
I don't know, you're the one making the bet to salvage your ego here. I'm not disputing legal drugs and their ability to kill. That was never the issue.

If you paid attention, I've admitted to using x and pot multiple times. I do not do well with stimulants, so I never did coke. And also if you paid attention, I am not for legalizing all drugs.

~QC

If $50 is too steep for you, how about 10 bucks? That should be chump change. I like to put my money where my mouth is; it has nothing to do with ego.

CueSi
08-23-2011, 09:00 PM
If $50 is too steep for you, how about 10 bucks? That should be chump change. I like to put my money where my mouth is; it has nothing to do with ego.

No. The original point was about illegal drugs. And I will not be compelled into giving money to the site.

~QC

RobJohnson
08-23-2011, 10:36 PM
what i was calling bullshit on was the term, yes the bud is what gets you high when smoking.

That is what the science and medical community call it. Other parts of the plants, like I mentioned have been used for other uses, like rope for ships during WWII.

I thought the "bud" came from a dried leaf...but what do I know...sorry for the confusion.

RobJohnson
08-23-2011, 10:37 PM
Abusing drugs and alcohol can kill you. Withdrawal from drugs and alcohol can kill you.

Moral of the story: Don't abuse/use either.

Well said.

RobJohnson
08-23-2011, 10:46 PM
Legal drugs like oxycontin are killing more people than any of the illicit drugs of the past. South Florida kids are dying by the dozens...don't know how widespread it is...but it will be if we don't find a way to stop the black market drug business.

Once again I agree.

Oxycontin just went under a reformulation to try and prevent some forms of abuse. Of course, it's now also a brand name only drug, with no generic. So the cost is very high.

Legal drugs can kill, especially if they are not used as directed or a doctor over prescribes. In many cases patients see more then one doctor and it takes a while to show up on the DEA watch list.

Michael Jackson is a good example of a celebrity that died from legal drugs.

lacarnut
08-24-2011, 12:13 AM
No. The original point was about illegal drugs. And I will not be compelled into giving money to the site.

~QC

Define illegal drugs. If a individual sells Oxycontin, which he has a RX for, the drug remains legal but the sale is illegal. Do you agree that a legal drug becomes illegal when sold by a pusher?

You are correct. Donations are voluntary. However, some may think that those that can afford to donate but do not are freeloaders. :eek:

RobJohnson
08-24-2011, 05:53 AM
Define illegal drugs. If a individual sells Oxycontin, which he has a RX for, the drug remains legal but the sale is illegal. Do you agree that a legal drug becomes illegal when sold by a pusher?

You are correct. Donations are voluntary. However, some may think that those that can afford to donate but do not are freeloaders. :eek:

My public aid case worker said donations to CU were not covered. :D

SarasotaRepub
08-24-2011, 08:28 AM
My public aid case worker said donations to CU were not covered. :D

AAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! OK that made me lol. :D

No one has to donate to CU, it's just an option.

fettpett
08-24-2011, 09:24 AM
That is what the science and medical community call it. Other parts of the plants, like I mentioned have been used for other uses, like rope for ships during WWII.

I thought the "bud" came from a dried leaf...but what do I know...sorry for the confusion.

no, it was cannabis, the AMA didn't even KNOW wtf "marijuana" was before it was made illegal

lacarnut
08-24-2011, 09:43 AM
no, it was cannabis, the AMA didn't even KNOW wtf "marijuana" was before it was made illegal

You seem to be an expert on the subject matter. In that vain, you are probably a user.

fettpett
08-24-2011, 11:14 AM
You seem to be an expert on the subject matter. In that vain, you are probably a user.

Even if I have smoked, wtf does it matter to you? It really doesn't take much to find the information. Hell I posted the quote from the AMA earlier in the thread, which said exactly that.

Recently the AMA has changed their stance and is closer to their 1937 stance than.

http://articles.latimes.com/2009/nov/11/nation/na-marijuana-ama11

Medical marijuana gets a boost from major doctors group
The American Medical Assn. changes its policy to promote clinical research and development of cannabis-based medicines and alternative delivery methods.
November 11, 2009|John Hoeffel

The American Medical Assn. on Tuesday urged the federal government to reconsider its classification of marijuana as a dangerous drug with no accepted medical use, a significant shift that puts the prestigious group behind calls for more research.

The nation's largest physicians organization, with about 250,000 member doctors, the AMA has maintained since 1997 that marijuana should remain a Schedule I controlled substance, the most restrictive category, which also includes heroin and LSD.

http://www.acponline.org/advocacy/where_we_stand/other_issues/medmarijuana.pdf

http://americansforsafeaccess.org/downloads/AMA_Report_Executive_Summary.pdf

but hey, if you can't do a simple google search, not my problem.

FeebMaster
08-24-2011, 11:36 AM
This thread makes me want an oxycontin.

lacarnut
08-24-2011, 11:45 AM
Even if I have smoked, wtf does it matter to you? It really doesn't take much to find the information. Hell I posted the quote from the AMA earlier in the thread, which said exactly that.

Because you have skin in the game and that tints your opinion. That is why it matters. Many people that do drugs want it to be legalized because of the criminal justice system and loss of employment. Kinda of self serving.

I think medical marijuana should be legal. It helps those with cancer and I can see the benefits. However, it is easier to get a Dr prescription in some states for that than it is for a fat lazy jackass to get a handicap sticker or lic.

lacarnut
08-24-2011, 11:49 AM
This thread makes me want an oxycontin.

Go for it. The benefits may be the elimination of one more liberal druggie.:rolleyes:

CueSi
08-24-2011, 01:28 PM

I'm not indulging your goalpost moving. It's becoming almost liberal in it's silliness.

~QC

FeebMaster
08-24-2011, 03:00 PM
Go for it. The benefits may be the elimination of one more liberal druggie.:rolleyes:

Maybe I'll just get shit faced drunk instead.

It's more socially acceptable.

lacarnut
08-24-2011, 03:57 PM
I'm not indulging your goalpost moving. It's becoming almost liberal in it's silliness.

~QC

Not moving the goalposts at all. The toxicology report stated by the family was the one that mentioned illegal drugs. If drugs (illegal or legal) drugs are found in her system, it will be you that is eating crow. If the autopsy says otherwise I will do the same. Fair enough or do you want to continue with your silliness.