PDA

View Full Version : 150 human animal hybrids grown in UK labs: Embryos have been produced secretively for

Rockntractor
07-23-2011, 12:53 PM
By Daniel Martin and Simon Caldwell

Last updated at 12:42 AM on 23rd July 2011

Scientists have created more than 150 human-animal hybrid embryos in British laboratories.

The hybrids have been produced secretively over the past three years by researchers looking into possible cures for a wide range of diseases.

The revelation comes just a day after a committee of scientists warned of a nightmare ‘Planet of the Apes’ scenario in which work on human-animal creations goes too far.
Undercover: Scientists have been growing human animal hybrids in secret for the last three years (Posed by models)

Undercover: Scientists have been growing human animal hybrids in secret for the last three years (Posed by models)

Last night a campaigner against the excesses of medical research said he was disgusted that scientists were ‘dabbling in the grotesque’.

Figures seen by the Daily Mail show that 155 ‘admixed’ embryos, containing both human and animal genetic material, have been created since the introduction of the 2008 Human Fertilisation Embryology Act.

This legalised the creation of a variety of hybrids, including an animal egg fertilised by a human sperm; ‘cybrids’, in which a human nucleus is implanted into an animal cell; and ‘chimeras’, in which human cells are mixed with animal embryos.

Scientists say the techniques can be used to develop embryonic stem cells which can be used to treat a range of incurable illnesses.

More...

Hospital hoping to save cash tells families to stop visiting sick relatives and instead call them on SKYPE
THIRTY embryos created for every baby born by IVF... and thousands are thrown away
Beware 'Planet of the Apes' experiments that could create sci-fi nightmare

Three labs in the UK – at King’s College London, Newcastle University and Warwick University – were granted licences to carry out the research after the Act came into force.

All have now stopped creating hybrid embryos due to a lack of funding, but scientists believe that there will be more such work in the future.

The figure was revealed to crossbench peer Lord Alton following a Parliamentary question.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2017818/Embryos-involving-genes-animals-mixed-humans-produced-secretively-past-years.html#ixzz1SwqTxRmp

Read More>http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2017818/Embryos-involving-genes-animals-mixed-humans-produced-secretively-past-years.html

What's next articulate apes?:confused:

obx
07-23-2011, 01:42 PM
It's wrong to do this, but it's ok to kill unborn children ?

Rockntractor
07-23-2011, 01:45 PM
It's wrong to do this, but it's ok to kill unborn children ?

According to fewer than they would like you to know.

Odysseus
07-23-2011, 06:47 PM
Read More>http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2017818/Embryos-involving-genes-animals-mixed-humans-produced-secretively-past-years.html

What's next articulate apes?:confused:

It'll be okay as long as they remember the law: "Not to walk on all fours! That is the law! Are we not men?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gL3P377BQA&feature=related

JB
07-23-2011, 08:57 PM
Just give me a dog with hands so he can bring me beer.

Rockntractor
07-23-2011, 09:00 PM
Just give me a dog with hands so he can bring me beer.

As long as you don't want the dog to have a flat head!:eek:

JB
07-23-2011, 09:06 PM
As long as you don't want the dog to have a flat head!:eek:I wasn't thinking along those lines but if I were then cross a woman with a hammerhead shark. :D

Rockntractor
07-23-2011, 09:08 PM
I wasn't thinking along those lines but if I were then cross a woman with a hammerhead shark. :D

Brilliant!:D

fettpett
07-24-2011, 09:15 AM
I wasn't thinking along those lines but if I were then cross a woman with a hammerhead shark. :D

add an octopus for the 8 arms, can carry the beer, food, do the dishes and sweep the floor while making a samwhich :popcorn::D:toast::toast::thumbsup::idea:

Odysseus
07-24-2011, 10:21 AM

Anyone who has been married knows that crossing a woman with a shark is redundant. :D

JB
07-24-2011, 10:39 AM
add an octopus for the 8 arms, can carry the beer, food, do the dishes and sweep the floor while making a samwhich :popcorn::D:toast::toast::thumbsup::idea:Outstandi ng. There's even some arms left over in case my nose itches.
Anyone who has been married knows that crossing a woman with a shark is redundant. :DDead man.

AmPat
07-24-2011, 12:03 PM
Liberals should all be for this. We can save all the endangered species by crossing them with human intellect. We'll need to hurry, liberals are quickly diluting the gene pool.

jnkbortka
07-24-2011, 12:07 PM
i think it would be ethicaly ok to do this if they didnt kill them. it would be pretty cool actualy.

noonwitch
08-01-2011, 11:16 AM
i think it would be ethicaly ok to do this if they didnt kill them. it would be pretty cool actualy.

www.apeswillrise.com