PDA

View Full Version : What are the chances that a clean bill will be passed at the last minute?

Carol
07-28-2011, 02:42 AM
So the DUmmies admit that the Democrats are obstructing and THEY are the reason that there is no agreement on increasing the debt ceiling.

link (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=433x724389)

DaveofCali (398 posts) Thu Jul-28-11 01:14 AM
Original message
What are the chances that a clean bill will be passed at the last minute?

The only way out of this that I see is if the non-tea party Republicans unite with the Democrats in the House to pass a Clean Bill to raise the Debt Ceiling at the last minute. Is it possible to have it sent out like this? And if so, what do you think are the chances that this will happen?

murielm99 Donating Member (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-28-11 01:28 AM
Response to Original message
2. It's hard to say.

We would all like reassurance and release from this anxiety, but it's not going to happen.

Today was interesting. More people are speaking out and turning against the baggers. They seem impervious to pressure. Their own party will have to reign them in.

I don't see a clean bill at the last minute. I see some action on Obama's part at the last minute, but I don't know what. Let's hope he does not sell us out.

joshcryer Donating Member (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-28-11 01:52 AM
Response to Reply #3
11. Agreed. 90% is about right. If it doesn't happen, the President will invoke the 14th.

cutlassmama Donating Member (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-28-11 01:37 AM
5. It will be either a clean bill or the 14h amendment op Thu Jul-28-11 01:49 AM
10. Zero. The default is on.

I expect House Republicans to dissolve like an Alka Seltzer. Nothing will pass.

michaelsean
07-28-2011, 01:01 PM
murielm99 Donating Member (1000+ posts) Thu Jul-28-11 01:28 AM
2. It's hard to say.

We would all like reassurance and release from this anxiety, but it's not going to happen.

Today was interesting. More people are speaking out and turning against the baggers. They seem impervious to pressure. Their own party will have to reign them in.

I don't see a clean bill at the last minute. I see some action on Obama's part at the last minute, but I don't know what. Let's hope he does not sell us out.

The only people who have anxiety are those who rely on the government for their sustenance.

linda22003
07-28-2011, 01:06 PM
The only people who have anxiety are those who rely on the government for their sustenance.

Really? Some of the rest of us aren't concerned about our own investments?

michaelsean
07-28-2011, 01:07 PM
Really? Some of the rest of us aren't concerned about our own investments?

Which investments are you concerned about?