PDA

View Full Version : Assisted Suicide Live On Internet Friday

megimoo
07-28-2011, 09:18 PM
Jack Kevorkian might be gone, but his spirit lives on -- well, maybe living isn't the best way to put it...

For the first time ever, this Friday night, a website will run a live broadcast of a terminally ill man ending his life in a case of assisted suicide......Nikolai Ivanisovich, 62, is terminally ill with brain cancer. He will die before cameras and a worldwide audience at a clinic in Switzerland, with the use of lethal injection administered by a physician.
snip
The filming of his death will be broadcast on BattleCam.com, a 24/7 Reality TV website where live events are regularly cast to a wide range of audiences.
The site is run by billionaire businessman Alki David, who purchased the exclusive rights to broadcast the process.

"I am grateful to Mr. David and his team for making this possible," Ivanisovich told Russia Today. "My family will be able to live in prosperity after I pass. May God bless Mr. David for his kindness and generosity.
snip
"Projecting the moral questions that will arise from this event, I would like to add that I find nothing wrong with this at all......“Death is a fact of life... many governments throughout the western world, including Switzerland, Belgium and Luxembourg, recognize the importance the right to each individual's right to end their life, free of terminal pain."

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2011/07/suicide-nikolai-ivanisovich-jack-kevorkian

jnkbortka
07-28-2011, 09:42 PM
if it is legalized, you know insurance companies will pressure ppl to do this even if their illness can be cured

Rockntractor
07-28-2011, 09:46 PM
if it is legalized, you know insurance companies will pressure ppl to do this even if their illness can be cured

That's people pauliwog, you have enough time to spell people dammit!:rolleyes:

jnkbortka
07-28-2011, 09:49 PM
That's people pauliwog, you have enough time to spell people dammit!:rolleyes:

grammar nazi...

:D

jendf
07-28-2011, 09:51 PM
It will be interesting to see how many ppl tune in. I can't imagine it would be entertaining to watch that. Now if this was an execution, then maybe.

fettpett
07-28-2011, 09:52 PM

what do you mean If? It is legal in OR and has been for over 10 years

Rockntractor
07-28-2011, 09:53 PM
It will be interesting to see how many ppl tune in. I can't imagine it would be entertaining to watch that. Now if this was an execution, then maybe.

btthd!:D

jendf
07-28-2011, 09:55 PM
btthd!:D

Tks n t knw n. :p

Apache
07-29-2011, 12:46 AM
Tks n t knw n. :p
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My brain is not wired for SMS.....:(

jnkbortka
07-29-2011, 10:41 AM
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My brain is not wired for SMS.....:(

LRN! ths is th 21 cntry! :D

noonwitch
07-29-2011, 12:59 PM
Kervorkian was never convicted until he filmed an assisted suicide and let 60 Minutes broadcast it.

Two other factors that led to Kervorkian's conviction:

1. An effective Oakland County prosecutor replaced an ineffective one (Gorcyca may be a RINO compared to Dick Thompson, but he's a better prosecutor).

2. Jack fired Fieger before the assisted suicide he was convicted of took place. Fieger may be hated by most people, but he got Jack off numerous times before by playing to jury sympathy.

If this was being done in any state in the US (with the possible exception of Oregon), there would be prosecution. I think assisted suicide for the terminally ill should be allowed, but filming it for others to watch is really twisted.