PDA

View Full Version : Senate Democrats block Boehner debt ceiling plan after House approval

SarasotaRepub
07-29-2011, 09:03 PM
Washington (CNN) -- Speaker John Boehner's plan to raise the nation's the debt ceiling and slash government spending narrowly passed the House on Friday and then was blocked by Senate Democrats, setting up a weekend of negotiations to seek a deal that would avoid a potential federal default next week.

The Senate vote was 59-41 to table the measure, which effectively kills it unless Democrats decide to bring it up again.

Link (http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/07/29/debt.talks/index.html?hpt=hp_t1)

jnkbortka
07-29-2011, 09:28 PM
dickheads...

SaintLouieWoman
07-29-2011, 09:36 PM
Prince Harry and that turd Bill Durbin had the nerve to tell the Republicans that they had to take action. They're something else. I almost get sick seeing that disgusting Reid's face, all pinched and weasle-like. :vomit:

jendf
07-29-2011, 10:25 PM
They all embarrass me at this point.

MrsSmith
07-29-2011, 10:33 PM
The party of NO...

The Dims are so sure they can blame this on the Republicans, they aren't even trying.

megimoo
07-29-2011, 11:44 PM
The party of NO...

The Dims are so sure they can blame this on the Republicans, they aren't even trying.

The liberals feel they hold the upper hand,so they play hardball.......

The Liberals learned long ago that they can get away with telling the America People the most outlandish lies and the vast majority will swallow them up as truth.....In times past these falsehoods would have been exposed by those reporting on the days events but no more....

The national news purveyors have prostituted themselves on the altars of Progressive/Liberalism and can no longer be trusted for impartial reporting ...

Most people pay little attention to Politics and have their news from a brief encounter with CNN or CBS
at the doctors office or while changing channels to watch a situation on Comedy Central or the Food Network....To them,as faithfully reported by the news networks, the Tea Party Republicians are always the villians and a hinderance to effective Government......

This propaganda has proven to be very effective as the Third Estate always believes that the Fourth Estate is telling the truth in print and by extention Television .

txradioguy
07-30-2011, 09:56 AM
Prince Harry and that turd Bill Durbin had the nerve to tell the Republicans that they had to take action. They're something else. I almost get sick seeing that disgusting Reid's face, all pinched and weasle-like. :vomit:

And Obama's wagging his finger and scolding the House and Senate to "stop playing games" in how weekly address today.

:rolleyes:

txradioguy
07-30-2011, 09:58 AM
Side note to this that I heard on the news today...top of the hour report on AFN via AP Radio was talking about how the Republicans are resisting government "revenue increases".

Notice the subtle change to the words that change the entire context?

"revenue increases" is the new MSM code speak for tax hikes.

But when you say revenue increases and then mention how Republicans are against it...it translates to the public as the GOP is blocking a way to get us out of debt instead of preventing the Libs from raising their taxes to new levels.

linda22003
07-30-2011, 03:47 PM

I understand that it's Reid you're calling "Prince Harry", but I don't know why you're calling Dick Durbin "Bill". :confused:

linda22003
07-30-2011, 03:48 PM
Side note to this that I heard on the news today...top of the hour report on AFN via AP Radio was talking about how the Republicans are resisting government "revenue increases".

Notice the subtle change to the words that change the entire context?

"revenue increases" is the new MSM code speak for tax hikes.

But when you say revenue increases and then mention how Republicans are against it...it translates to the public as the GOP is blocking a way to get us out of debt instead of preventing the Libs from raising their taxes to new levels.

But Boehner was referring to "revenues" himself, yesterday evening. Is he part of the MSM plot?

lacarnut
07-30-2011, 04:05 PM
I understand that it's Reid you're calling "Prince Harry", but I don't know why you're calling Dick Durbin "Bill". :confused:

She will not call him what he really is but I will and that is a Dick.

lacarnut
07-30-2011, 04:12 PM
But Boehner was referring to "revenues" himself, yesterday evening. Is he part of the MSM plot?

So what. Are you retarded or have you taken a stupid pill today. The new code word for tax increases by the media, the Magic Negro and his minions is revenues. Got it.

fettpett
07-30-2011, 05:58 PM
Duribin is a fucking dick, the jackass was on WLS with Roe and Roper trying to act like he was all non-partisan and then ripped the Tea Party members for sticking to their guns and saying they wont vote for the debt ceiling without a balanced budge amendment

linda22003
07-31-2011, 03:20 PM
So what. Are you retarded or have you taken a stupid pill today.

Usually the only comment you have for me, and it's getting no wittier with repetition. Apparently I've gotten your prescription by accident. :rolleyes: