PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetically, if we were to have a Democratic Underground Summer Camp for kids

SarasotaRepub
07-29-2011, 10:24 PM
Jesus H. Christ... (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1607136)

jtuck004 (1000+ posts) Fri Jul-29-11 05:06 PM
Original messageHypothetically, if we were to have a Democratic Underground Summer Camp for kids

2 weeks in the summer. Call it whatever, maybe the FDR Future Leader's camp - obviously and unabashedly liberal. Maybe teach some details that were ommitted from their life textbooks?

Maybe just take 5th and 10th graders, or all comers in an age range? Would have to be sure and get a good cross section of incomes).

What would a good curriculum look like? Books?

Do such opportunities exist already?

(Thinking about something like that for unemployed adults, but that's another post).

A summer camp run by retarded political smelly hippies...:vomit:

Yeah...they could have the bobbolink Arts and Craft shop.

jnkbortka
07-29-2011, 11:06 PM
i would go and be the "troll" of the camp :D

Rockntractor
07-29-2011, 11:24 PM
They could hug trees and scream and cry!:D

Apache
07-29-2011, 11:36 PM
Jesus H. Christ... (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1607136)

A summer camp run by retarded political smelly hippies...:vomit:

Yeah...they could have the bobbolink Arts and Craft shop.

They have that already.....

THE BURNING MAN....:popcorn:

megimoo
07-30-2011, 12:13 AM
They have that already.....

THE BURNING MAN....:popcorn:
That's for the old 60's hippy tribes. He's talking about a summer brain washing camp to produce future Liberal halfwits,fodder as DU's future posters......

Apache
07-30-2011, 12:29 AM
That's for the old 60's hippy tribes. He's talking about a summer brain washing camp to produce future
Liberal halfwits,fodder as DU's future posters......

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_BgSovEkIiko/TIHwm5WV9kI/AAAAAAAAAQY/FpzqB65ffHk/s1600/44736_143864392314334_100000723215912_240691_13225 02_n.jpg
So was I....:(

CueSi
07-30-2011, 12:35 AM
i would go and be the "troll" of the camp :D

They'd see you coming from a mile away. Me, on the other hand...;)

~QC

Apache
07-30-2011, 12:43 AM

~QC

Yeah right!

Who'd believe you're poli....

Yer too tall :p

Odysseus
07-30-2011, 01:06 AM
That's for the old 60's hippy tribes. He's talking about a summer brain washing camp to produce future Liberal halfwits,fodder as DU's future posters......

They've had those for years. Unfortunately, they don't send their own kids to them, they try to send ours.

http://www.country-data.com/frd/cs/vietnam/vn05_03a.jpg
http://wyolife.com/graphics/gulag.jpg

FDK
07-30-2011, 06:48 AM
Kids already get nine months a year of libtard programming - it's called public school. Why do they need a summer camp?

jnkbortka
07-30-2011, 09:44 AM

~QC

they wouldn't see me until I opened my mouth

but I'm just saying, I'm probably the only 10th grader on the site :D

txradioguy
07-30-2011, 10:02 AM
tuck004 (1000+ posts) Fri Jul-29-11 05:06 PM
Original messageHypothetically, if we were to have a Democratic Underground Indoctrination Camp for kids

Fixt. :cool:

djones520
07-30-2011, 10:04 AM
Actually, this is tamer then what I was expecting. When I saw the title of the thread, I thought they were going to make a jab at the Norway thing, about how some Rethug would come in and shoot their kids up. :rolleyes:

Carol
07-30-2011, 02:25 PM
seabeyond Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Fri Jul-29-11 05:18 PM
Response to Original message
4. duers with a summper camp for kids? kids wouldnt get anything but unhealthy kiddy food

while the adults ate alone to enjoy the experience. not a chance in hell i would be sending my kids to some of the duers i have read of late.
I thought this was an interesting reply.

Wait Wut Donating Member (1000+ posts) Fri Jul-29-11 05:39 PM
Response to Reply #8
11. Agreed.

I'm a Pagan. Sent my kid to a Christian day camp when he was 8 (someone else paid for it). He absolutely loved it and they were very understanding. He came home with a lot of questions and we had some enlightening conversations. One kid did start something with him and the counselors intervened on my SON's behalf.

I always encouraged him to seek outside experiences. Helps kids mature. He loved going to synagogue with one of his friends in grade school. Spent a summer going to bible camp with another friend. And, of course, many, many Pagan gatherings with mom.

I don't necessarily have a problem with the idea, though. Some people choose to raise their kids differently and not have them exposed to different ideas. That's fine. They'll figure it all out, eventually.
This is typical of some anti Christians on DU. They can't stand it that someone believes in God and takes every opportunity to criticize them and put them down for it.

And directly after this post Luminous Animal proves Wait Wut's point.

catabryna Donating Member (1000+ posts) Fri Jul-29-11 05:28 PM
Response to Original message
8. Wouldn't do it...

I would want my kid to be with different children. If my child is strong in his beliefs and what he believes to be wrong and right, I'd want him to learn to express his beliefs, no matter what.

Your mileage may vary. :hi

catabryna Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Fri Jul-29-11 10:10 PM
Response to Reply #15
20. I do not manipulate my child into believing the same way I do...

He learns from example. I am by no means perfect, but he knows that I would never hurt a fly and that everyone gets the benefit of the doubt.

He also knows that "patience, is my only remaining virtue".

:hi:

Luminous Animal (1000+ posts) Fri Jul-29-11 11:22 PM
Response to Reply #20
30. Are you a Christian? Do you take your child to church? What kind of food do you feed your child?

Do shop at supermarkets? Or do you seek out local providers? What TV shows do you allow your child to watch? Does your child watch commercials?

It always cracks me up when people imagine that they are raising their children without propaganda.

catabryna Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sat Jul-30-11 12:07 AM
Response to Reply #30
37. I am a Christian. We don't go to church.

What is a "provider"? (my mistake... I read propaganda)

Of course he goes grocery shopping with me. And, he likes Thomas the Tank Engine and the Chuggington Railway,

My kid doesn't watch television because I refuse to pay for crap. He's not a visual child, so he's not into it. He's not missing out.

The commercials he does see are the goofy ones that he sees on silly internet games and youtube.

:)

eta: my kid eats food cooked at home, and he eats junk. He eats vegetables and sucks on Slurpees.

Luminous Animal (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sat Jul-30-11 01:00 AM
Response to Reply #37
43. So, you don't talk to your kid about God? Are you rasising your child in a Godless life

until your child can make her/his own decision to believe in God? So to this liberal atheist the only way to teach and give children alternatives and not raise them on "propaganda" it to not teach them about God until they are older. You can't tell them about your belief in God, because that is "propaganda".

catabryna Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sat Jul-30-11 01:09 AM
Response to Reply #43
44. My son knows about my feelings...

He knows that I believe his Dad is in heaven. Right now, that's what he believes. But, I don't shove it down his throat. He might grow up to believe differently.

Read my journal. :-)

Luminous Animal (1000+ posts) Sat Jul-30-11 01:16 AM
Response to Reply #44
46. So yes, you do teach your child to believe in God. So yes, you are indoctrinating him.

And yes, he might grow up to believe differently.

catabryna Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sat Jul-30-11 01:21 AM
Response to Reply #46
47. No, my son knows I believe in God...

And, yes, he may grow up to believe differently.

That's alright with me. I happen to believe that God looks at the heart, not at the man-made rituals.

Luminous Animal (1000+ posts) Sat Jul-30-11 01:46 AM
Response to Reply #47
51. Oh please. If your son believes that his dad lives with some magical person in the sky...

you've already indoctrinated him to believe in God. It appears to me that you've set him up to believe in God and heaven and yet offered him no alternative.

As my daughter said when I gave her all the religious alternatives when she was 3 years old, "Well, perhaps you might live again, o-o-o-o-r... you are just dead dead dead dead dead."

catabryna Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sat Jul-30-11 01:51 AM
Response to Reply #51
52. He's 10 years old and autistic...

You are still alive. My son's dad is dead.

You don't have the experience to lecture me.

Best wishes. :evilgrin:
=

Luminous Animal (1000+ posts) Sat Jul-30-11 02:18 AM
Response to Reply #52
58. My dad is dead, too. My dad died when I was 18 years old. He was sick for 3 years prior.

I am 53 years old now, and there is not one single day that I do not think about my wonderful amazing dad. I wish, with all my heart, that my daughter could have met my wonderful amazing dad. He so loved children.

Fortunately, I had someone (my dad himself) counteract the ridiculous fiction of my mom's heaven.

I'm not lecturing you but you've given your son nothing but a pie in the sky with no alternative. That is, you've given your son hope with nothing to back it up except faith.

It will be difficult, if he chooses to contemplate so, to give that up.

AmPat
07-30-2011, 07:08 PM
It'll never make it under those plans, who would pay for it?
Now if they can just get some of that free government money, Obama Bucks!

Odysseus
07-30-2011, 08:47 PM
It'll never make it under those plans, who would pay for it?
Now if they can just get some of that free government money, Obama Bucks!

Are you kidding? Some proglodyte community would kill to put taxpayer dollars into that. I'm surprised that Berkeley hasn't done it already.