PDA

View Full Version : IE Users have below average IQ

hampshirebrit
08-01-2011, 07:55 AM
PC World reports that a "psychometric consulting" firm called AptiQuant gave free online IQ tests to 100,000 people, and then plotted the scores against the browser on which the tests were taken.
It found that Internet Explorer users scored lower than average, while Chrome, Firefox and Safari ( :an: ) users were very slightly above average. Camino, Opera and Internet Explorer with Chrome Frame were scored "exceptionally" high.

"The study showed a substantial relationship between an individual's cognitive ability and their choice of web browser," AptiQuant concluded. "From the test results, it is a clear indication that individuals on the lower side of the IQ scale tend to resist a change/upgrade of their browsers."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/internet/8674678/Internet-Explorer-users-have-below-average-IQ.html

:popcorn::

Apocalypse
08-01-2011, 08:17 AM
Lets see here..

I have and use Chrome, Firefox and Safari, Opera and Internet Explorer. I switch from one to another because some sites and programs (Scripts) work better in some opposed to others.

So where does that place me?

megimoo
08-01-2011, 08:19 AM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/internet/8674678/Internet-Explorer-users-have-below-average-IQ.html

The results?

With just a look at the graphs in the report, it comes out pretty clear that Internet Explorer users scored lower than average on the IQ tests.

Chrome, Firefox and Safari users had just a teeny bit higher than average IQ scores.

And users of Camino, Opera and IE with Chrome Frame had exceptionally higher IQ levels.

hampshirebrit
08-01-2011, 08:24 AM
Lets see here..

I have and use Chrome, Firefox and Safari, Opera and Internet Explorer. I switch from one to another because some sites and programs (Scripts) work better in some opposed to others.

In the same place as me ... I use IE for work, Safari for fun, so I'm guessing I'm down a few IQ points at work and have more IQ points when I'm not. :D

megimoo
08-01-2011, 08:26 AM
In the same place as me ... I use IE for work, Safari for fun, so I'm guessing I'm down a few IQ points at work and have more IQ points when I'm not. :D

On a scale of one to ten, Not enough difference to crow about....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xzf0rvQa4Mc

Apocalypse
08-01-2011, 09:00 AM
Lucky.

We use Linux at work. Its nothing but a piece of shit. Crashes about once to twice daily. Slower then my old C64 computer on the Internet with dial up. I could write a better OS then that in basic.

megimoo
08-01-2011, 09:14 AM
Lucky.

We use Linux at work. Its nothing but a piece of shit. Crashes about once to twice daily. Slower then my old C64 computer on the Internet with dial up. I could write a better OS then that in basic.
Have you ever messed with the internals and DLL's of a full O.S. ?

Apocalypse
08-01-2011, 09:23 AM
Have you ever messed with the internals and DLL's of a full O.S. ?
A little, about 20 years ago when windows was a much more friendlier OS. Some times for some programs you had to go in and rewrite some lines and DLLs to make them work correctly.

Now days, they are all to complex. Windows 20 years ago was about 160 Mb. Windows on my system today is about 22.2 GB.

megimoo
08-01-2011, 10:20 AM
A little, about 20 years ago when windows was a much more friendlier OS. Some times for some programs you had to go in and rewrite some lines and DLLs to make them work correctly.

Now days, they are all to complex. Windows 20 years ago was about 160 Mb. Windows on my system today is about 22.2 GB.
We had a full Unix based system in development for a test system program that included a large number of subroutines that were compiled and linked into a run time library...When we first started everything was written in assembly code but as we progressed and added new keyboard bangers, educated in 'C', we decided to rewrite everything in 'C' and finally 'C++,just to keep them happy...

As we added more routines and tested the full system we had to include dynamic system allocation routines to balance the system load and free up resources....Getting all of the system variables just right was a major effort so we finally made everything run time dynamic and hoped for the best....

As a new process started a dynamic memory allocation was made and adjusted depending on system priority and page faulting rate..Full system memory use would starve any background processes so we had to allow for some page faulting ...

This tended to slow down the system and increase run time for some large processes but that couldn't be helped....We finally had to increase the number of pages of real system memory to optimize the page fault rate...Tricky stuff messing with an full operating system....

NJCardFan
08-01-2011, 10:25 AM
I use Chrome almost exclusively but switch to Firefox from time to time. I used to love Firefox but after a while, it starts to run real slow. Chrome has been the shiznet.

fettpett
08-01-2011, 11:03 AM
I use Chrome almost exclusively but switch to Firefox from time to time. I used to love Firefox but after a while, it starts to run real slow. Chrome has been the shiznet.

I had switched to Chrome after Firefox's 4.0 bug fuckups. But lately Chrome has been a pain in the ass and I switched back to Firefox with 5.0 and really like it, there are couple things that Chrome does that I like but it's not a huge factor in keeping me with it.

Apocalypse
08-01-2011, 11:06 AM
.Tricky stuff messing with an full operating system....
I know that one. One time while doing a little tweaking with windows many many moons ago to get a program to work. I messed up a line and wiped out my sound. All I had was a constant high pitch whine. So I went in, fixed the sound line I messed up, and some how screwed up my graphic parameters. So I did a little backing up of the changes, and ended up losing every thing, and was forced to reinstall the whole thing back to factory. Still don't know what I did wrong. It was a small change, but it affected so much.

Articulate_Ape
08-01-2011, 11:14 AM
Lets see here..

Functional retard? :p

megimoo
08-01-2011, 11:28 AM
I know that one. One time while doing a little tweaking with windows many many moons ago to get a program to work. I messed up a line and wiped out my sound. All I had was a constant high pitch whine. So I went in, fixed the sound line I messed up, and some how screwed up my graphic parameters. So I did a little backing up of the changes, and ended up losing every thing, and was forced to reinstall the whole thing back to factory. Still don't know what I did wrong. It was a small change, but it affected so much.
The theory of constant errors....When you fix one think in an O.S. you break another...That's the reason everything is in separate subroutines,...to keep from breaking other,non related things... Ipso Facto...

The old style assembly code operating systems had the code in a straight line...From start to finish it was one big lump..
If you changed a single parameter it effected the timing of the whole system...The code was said to be a collection of potential 'bleeding wounds'...
If you touched anything the whole thing would start to bleed...A band aid here a few no_ops there to make it work...
It was a real nightmare and to get the software manager to change anything, no matter how broken,it was a big pain in the butt...
When they finally dumped that piece of crap and went to UNIX the first thing was to port the test system hardware routines into separate subroutines, compile and link them...and then 'put them to bed'....We never touched the run time library's unless we had a real problem with them...

Zafod
08-01-2011, 12:10 PM

lol flawed but funny.

Molon Labe
08-01-2011, 01:29 PM
I'm lazy and use whichever is most user friendly. That means I don't reallly know how much better Safari or others are and I haven't taken the time to learn anything but IE.