PDA

View Full Version : It's all BULLSHIT. Retirement should be 55, Min Wage should be $20...

SarasotaRepub
08-02-2011, 09:24 PM
Some of these people are from another universe... (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1648105) :D

leftstreet (1000+ posts) Tue Aug-02-11 08:16 PM
Original message It's all BULLSHIT. Retirement should be 55, Min Wage should be $20, Workweek 4 days

(if that)

Healthcare should be free

Education, housing, food, communications should all be subsidized and easily accessible to the working classes

The US shouldn't have 700+ military ba$e$ around the world and billions of $$ in contracts to protect the profit seeking interests of the wealthy global capitalists. Wealthy pricks who do nothing but extract and extort profit from labor around the globe.

It's all bullshit.

But hey at least the Era of Compromise is over. We've got nothing left to give up!

Who's mole is this????:mad::D

jnkbortka
08-02-2011, 09:33 PM
if you want 80% income tax :rolleyes:

FDK
08-02-2011, 09:36 PM
If minimum wage were $20 then Dummies could afford the $30 that six McNuggets would cost.

Starbuck
08-02-2011, 10:30 PM
:confused: Good Grief. It's hard to believe someone could be that stupid, and still be able to use a keyboard.:confused:

the director
08-02-2011, 11:37 PM
leftstreet (1000+ posts) Tue Aug-02-11 08:16 PM
Original message It's all BULLSHIT. Retirement should be 55, Min Wage should be $20, Workweek 4 days

(if that)

Healthcare should be free

Education, housing, food, communications should all be subsidized and easily accessible to the working classes

The US shouldn't have 700+ military ba$e$ around the world and billions of $$ in contracts to protect the profit seeking interests of the wealthy global capitalists. Wealthy pricks who do nothing but extract and extort profit from labor around the globe.

It's all bullshit.

But hey at least the Era of Compromise is over. We've got nothing left to give up!

wat

Rockntractor
08-02-2011, 11:43 PM
wat

They had to be snickering as they typed that.:D

rjas77
08-03-2011, 12:17 AM
Electric Monk (1000+ posts) Tue Aug-02-11 08:51 PM
Response to Original message
28. Retirement age should be 22, min wage should be $50/hr, and a workweek of 2 days

This thread needs more ponies with rainbows shooting out of their butts.

:D

FDK
08-03-2011, 07:59 AM
kelly1mm (1000+ posts) Tue Aug-02-11 09:18 PM
Response to Reply #36
39. What is a fair share of of the productivity that a worker should get? Please

be realistic. I posted above about my two part time employees. For one they generqated $17.88 p/h from Jan 1 to June 30 2011. The other generated $18.01 p/h for the same period. Each is paid by me $13.00 p/h (actual total payroll costs is $14.39 p/h with employer taxes included). Is that too little? Too much? What percentage of the worker's production should the owner get? I am really interested in peoples thoughts on this. However, answers like 100% of production should go to the worker is not realistic. Why would I hire someone and deal with all the hassles that entails if it does not benefit me?

Nye Bevan (1000+ posts) Tue Aug-02-11 09:30 PM
Response to Reply #39
40. Why should I hire someone if it does not benefit me?

Edited on Tue Aug-02-11 09:30 PM by Nye Bevan
That is a very capitalist line of thinking. And capitalism is generally frowned upon on DU.

Hammer, meet nail.

noonwitch
08-03-2011, 08:43 AM
I can retire at 55, because I will have more than 30 years of service in at that point. I won't at that point, because although I can start drawing on my pension at that point, I still can't get Social Security for another 12 years. I can, however, find a less stressful, part time job at that point.

marv
08-03-2011, 09:41 AM
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2011/images/07/22/t1larg.barack-obama-making-case.t1larg.jpg

But the "best way to take of our deficit is with a balanced approach" where the wealthy and corporations "pay their fair share too," Obama said.

In the FWIW column, Jeff Immelt (http://investing.businessweek.com/businessweek/research/stocks/people/person.asp?personId=177075&ticker=GE:US), not exactly a poor man himself, is president hussein's "Jobs Czar". He's CEO of General Electric which PAID NO corporate income taxes last year. .

Immelt also laid off workers and shipped their jobs to China (http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20110802/discuss/708029997/). Let's hear it for job creation and making sure that "big corporations" and the "very rich" pay their fair share, too. :vomit:

txradioguy
08-03-2011, 10:04 AM
Electric Monk (1000+ posts) Tue Aug-02-11 08:51 PM
Response to Original message
28. Retirement age should be 22, min wage should be $50/hr, and a workweek of 2 days

As France how well that has worked for them.

Starbuck
08-03-2011, 10:09 AM
I can retire at 55, because I will have more than 30 years of service in at that point. I won't at that point, because although I can start drawing on my pension at that point, I still can't get Social Security for another 12 years. I can, however, find a less stressful, part time job at that point.

And you may be smart to do so, if you can pull it off. But I should also add that just because a job pays less than you are used to doesn't mean it will be less stressful.
In other words - at least in my experience - lower paying jobs are not less stressful than higher paying jobs.

#1 for me: Work for someone you like. Won't really matter what you do. Working for someone I like is even more important than the much promoted idea of 'doing what you love'.

I've seen people retire too soon, not have enough money, and then not be able to go back to work. THAT'S stress!

noonwitch
08-03-2011, 10:10 AM
And you may be smart to do so, if you can pull it off. But I should also add that just because a job pays less than you are used to doesn't mean it will be less stressful.
In other words - at least in my experience - lower paying jobs are not less stressful than higher paying jobs.

#1 for me: Work for someone you like. Won't really matter what you do. Working for someone I like is even more important than the much promoted idea of 'doing what you love'.

I've seen people retire too soon, not have enough money, and then not be able to go back to work. THAT'S stress!

I can hang on to this job until I find what I want to do.

michaelsean
08-03-2011, 10:57 AM
The DUmmie should open a business and operate it under those guidelines. I love how people who employ nobody complain about the people who provide jobs.

the director
08-03-2011, 04:06 PM
They had to be snickering as they typed that.:D

Must have. A lot of what the OP said is directly from Greece's playbook, and that really didn't work out for them.

Madisonian
08-03-2011, 06:32 PM
I have not been keeping up with all the Social Security formulas, but it used to be that benefits were figured on your last 40 quarters (10 years) of work prior to filing for benefits along with lifetime contributions.
This really screwed people as in cases like my Dad, he had medical issues prior to retiring which reduced his income in the last years. Also, many people like Noonie either retire early from a government job or work part time as they get ready for retirement.
In either case, the government loves you if you slack off the last years before retirement.

Starbuck
08-03-2011, 10:24 PM
I have not been keeping up with all the Social Security formulas, but it used to be that benefits were figured on your last 40 quarters (10 years) of work prior to filing for benefits along with lifetime contributions.
This really screwed people as in cases like my Dad, he had medical issues prior to retiring which reduced his income in the last years. Also, many people like Noonie either retire early from a government job or work part time as they get ready for retirement.
In either case, the government loves you if you slack off the last years before retirement.
All the rules have changed and there is a Social Security calculator on the internet that you can use to calculate your benefits.
Wife and I had a successful business for years, and one year she would take all the money; the next year I would take it all. That way we saved because we stopped paying SS after about $75,000 instead of $150,000. Didn't effect our retirement at all.

The old system - going way back - used to be abused because some people didn't have to participate. So they didn't. Then they would suddenly 'change their mind' for the last 40 quarters.

CueSi
08-04-2011, 12:25 AM
:D

Sounds like a Brony (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Brony) on DU. Which is quite an appropriate place for them.

~QC