PDA

View Full Version : I think I'm finally understanding the right wing brain. This, from personal experienc

Carol
08-03-2011, 06:28 PM
link (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x1655047)

Sarah Ibarruri Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Aug-03-11 03:41 PM
Original message
I think I'm finally understanding the right wing brain. This, from personal experience.

Edited on Wed Aug-03-11 03:42 PM by Sarah Ibarruri
I discovered this from having e-mailed with a right winger for a long while, and from being with a boyfriend who is a Libertarian (which to me, just means the person is a right winger but trying to seem cool). My relationship with the Libertarian is slowly dying, and leaving an ugly trail. (Not surprising given given her bigotry and the way she treats him.)

But I digress.

About right wingers:

I think right wingers are astounded by, and almost WORSHIP, authoritarian types of individuals. The meaner the better. They see them as heroes.

Symbols of patriotism (JUST THE SYMBOLS, MIND YOU, INCLUDING WAR, NOT AUTHENTIC LOVE OF COUNTRY AND LOVE OF FELLOW MAN), thrill them.

Right wingers get into all that militaristic, tough, punitive attitude. They have a certain abhorrance of weakness (except maybe in their woman).

Very important is the fact that right wingers DESPERATELY NEED to have an enemy. They are repelled by the idea that 'everyone' should be one and get along. They do NOT feel comfortable with the lack of an enemy, and they need to have something to compare themselves to, someone lesser, someone they ascribe negative qualities to, so THEY themselves can feel superior and better, more Godly, etc. etc. (Pure PROJECTION)

These are people that CANNOT and DO NOT feel good about themselves unless someone somewhere is suffering and being punished.

Has anyone else found this to be true in his/her dealings with right wingnuts?

Sarah Ibarruri Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Aug-03-11 03:48 PM
Response to Reply #2
9. I agree that right wing thinking is a form of mental disorder - and I'm not being funny at all

I think these people are one step from being psychopaths. It's just that there are degrees of them, and they do hide behind institutions to shield their mostly-absent conscience. For example, CHURCHES. Churches are a great disguise for psychopaths.

The Doctor. Donating Member (1000+ posts)

Response to Reply #18
37. And that hatred comes out of fear.

Ultimately, they are afraid. That is why they tend not to associate with people that are very different from them. You've no doubt noticed that Tea Party people have a great deal in common, while Liberals that get together on political issues will tend to be from different ethnicity, backgrounds, religions, and philosophies.

They are afraid of anything 'different' than they are because they cannot reconcile and understand those differences. lack of understanding produces a 'fear of the unknown', and puts them in a persistent 'fight or flight' state. So they sublimate their fear into anger and hatred... and even violence.

Sarah Ibarruri Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Aug-03-11 04:43 PM
Response to Reply #32
49. Oh, no doubt about it. Look at how many perverts hide behind prayer and churchgoing

And how many sickos want to hurt the least among us but are there banging their chest before their God pretending to be good people, when in reality they're SCUM.

Sarah Ibarruri Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Aug-03-11 04:16 PM
Response to Reply #5
40. The two right wingers I know had these types of backgrounds:

The one I e-mail:

Raised in the countryside, in poverty. The father was an alcoholic. The mother cheated on the father and finally left him, abandoning the children as well. The mother married one of the men she cheated on the father with, and took the son back (the guy I e-mail with). Once he was in the house, the stepfather beat him repeatedly, until he was 16 and ran away, then joined the military. His own father died of alcoholism. He has a lot of hatred.

The Libertarian I date/dated (the relationship is nearly dead):

He grew up in a family of close-knit immigrants. The mother and father worked out of the home, and the grandparents took care of him. He lacked for nothing. Ever. Good, home-made food, family love, good clothes, private schools, and in the middle of all that, he decided to get some jobs as a kid. Mowing lawns, etc. He was also born with a genius I.Q. and became a math and physics expert. Now, in retrospect, instead of realizing he was born with every privilege, he describes himself as a hard-working, self-made man, and thinks he did it all himself, and didn't start ahead. I don't. I think he had EVERY advantage.

As someone at DU once quoted someone as saying, "he was born on third base but thought he hit a triple."
Sarah Ibarruri Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Wed Aug-03-11 04:48 PM
Response to Reply #8
52. That's part of the problem with a lot of the women that I've met who are married to these GOPers

They're a bunch of braindead females. All they do is spread their legs, make their uterus flacid by popping out kids. I could never have a friend like that.There's more of that labeling again. Braindead=you don't think like me.

Under that definition liberals are all braindead.

What was that about accepting diversity and associating with people very different than they are?

Poor Sarah. It must be horrible to always be so miserable and full of hate.

That's all this thread was about. Declaring their hatred toward those who have different beliefs and opinions.

txradioguy
08-04-2011, 05:37 AM
About right wingers:

Oh look...Sarah left this running again:

http://files.turbosquid.com/Preview/2010/12/03__06_14_00/projector4.jpge18063a1-942e-44de-ad9d-c49ff3d18e44Larger.jpg

SarasotaRepub
08-04-2011, 08:41 AM
Man oh man that is one hate filled bitch.

She's going to die alone, always thinking people are out to get her.

Very sad. Funny as hell, but sad. :p

AmPat
08-04-2011, 09:17 AM
Original message
I think I'm finally understanding the right wing brain. This, from personal experience.
No Sarah, you don't. You do however do a fair job of self discovery and the insights into some of the parts of your atrophied and diseased liberal brain matter. You will never understand Conservatives because your prejudice and brain washing is complete. You have been assimilated into the collective hive mind set of the left.
Enjoy you mindless number.:cool:

the director
08-04-2011, 02:06 PM
I think it would be kinda fun to go out with Sarah.

Dan D. Doty
08-04-2011, 03:20 PM
Sarah doesn't understand anyone at all, and not even herself.

All Sarah really wants is for everyone to be nothing more then a mirror, reflecting everything her tiny little mind holds dear; if not, then they get smashed.

Ya, Sarah run back to the Loon Legion who'll play bobble -head to any stupid/crazy thing you say.

FDK
08-04-2011, 03:24 PM
I DO understand liberals: "Tax everybody else and I'll pretend that I care about other people."

noonwitch
08-04-2011, 04:41 PM
I think it would be kinda fun to go out with Sarah.

Have you met CITM yet? I think you guys have a lot to talk about.

the director
08-04-2011, 04:55 PM
Have you met CITM yet? I think you guys have a lot to talk about.

CITM?

DumbAss Tanker
08-04-2011, 05:08 PM
Original message
...My relationship with the Libertarian is slowly dying, and leaving an ugly trail.

Talk about dodging a bullet, that guy must be one lucky SOB. He should buy a PowerBall ticket this week.

SarasotaRepub
08-04-2011, 06:18 PM
CITM?

A REALLY stupid kid here who was/is in a screwed up relationship. Or it was all
a Bouncy.

In any case, I showed him the door a couple of days ago. :rolleyes::D

The initials stood for CaughtInTheMiddle.

the director
08-04-2011, 08:01 PM
A REALLY stupid kid here who was/is in a screwed up relationship. Or it was all a Bouncy.

In any case, I showed him the door a couple of days ago. :rolleyes::D

The initials stood for CaughtInTheMiddle.

Ah. I was more talking about going out to a dinner and to a bar for a beer to sit down and talk to get more of an idea of the person behind this "Sarah" persona. Let her ramble on and see how long I could keep a straight face.

NJCardFan
08-04-2011, 08:06 PM
I think right wingers are astounded by, and almost WORSHIP, authoritarian types of individuals. The meaner the better. They see them as heroes.
This coming from someone who's ideology worships Stalin, Castro, Gueverra, Chavez, etc.

AmPat
08-05-2011, 10:18 AM
This coming from someone who's ideology worships Stalin, Castro, Gueverra, Chavez, etc.PeeLousy, Reid, O Blah Blah, Biden, Gore, Any Kennedy, Franken,,,,,,,,,,,,

michaelsean
08-05-2011, 10:55 AM
I think it's great that people like Sarah have a place to vent their insanity, and instead of being laughed at they are treated as insightful. Imagine if she could only express her delusions to sane people. The abuse could lead her to be suicidal.