PDA

View Full Version : Explosive Jackie O tapes 'reveal how she believed Lyndon B Johnson killed JFK ...

bijou
08-08-2011, 03:07 PM
Jackie Onassis believed that Lyndon B Johnson and a cabal of Texas tycoons were involved in the assassination of her husband John F Kennedy, ‘explosive’ recordings are set to reveal.

The secret tapes will show that the former first lady felt that her husband’s successor was at the heart of the plot to murder him.

She became convinced that the then vice president, along with businessmen in the South, had orchestrated the Dallas shooting, with gunman Lee Harvey Oswald – long claimed to have been a lone assassin – merely part of a much larger conspiracy.

Texas-born Mr Johnson, who served as the state’s governor and senator, completed Mr Kennedy’s term and went on to be elected president in his own right.

The tapes were recorded with leading historian Arthur Schlesinger Jnr within months of the assassination on November 22, 1963, and had been sealed in a vault at the Kennedy Library in Boston.

The then Mrs Kennedy, who went on to marry Greek shipping tycoon Aristotle Onassis, had ordered that they should not be released until 50 years after her death, with some reports suggesting she feared that her revelations might make her family targets for revenge.

She died 17 years ago from cancer aged 64 and now her daughter, Caroline Kennedy, has agreed to release the recordings early.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2023418/Jackie-O-tapes-reveal-JFKs-affairs-believed-death.html#ixzz1USxGSna3

noonwitch
08-08-2011, 03:15 PM
It wouldn't shock me if LBJ was involved in Kennedy's death, but I have not seen any evidence that convinces me of it as of yet.

DumbAss Tanker
08-08-2011, 05:38 PM
LBJ was an amoral schemer, liar, and physical coward, it would not surprise me a bit if she was right about him.

Madisonian
08-08-2011, 06:01 PM
LBJ was an amoral schemer, liar, and physical coward, it would not surprise me a bit if she was right about him.

Just saying he was a Democrat would have saved a lot of keystrokes.

Starbuck
08-08-2011, 06:51 PM
So now we know how she felt. That is far removed from "case finally solved'.

But it does sell newspapers and ad time.

Novaheart
08-08-2011, 06:55 PM
Jackie Onassis believed that Lyndon B Johnson and a cabal of Texas tycoons were involved in the assassination of her husband John F Kennedy, ‘explosive’ recordings are set to reveal.

The secret tapes will show that the former first lady felt that her husband’s successor was at the heart of the plot to murder him.

She became convinced that the then vice president, along with businessmen in the South, had orchestrated the Dallas shooting, with gunman Lee Harvey Oswald – long claimed to have been a lone assassin – merely part of a much larger conspiracy.

Texas-born Mr Johnson, who served as the state’s governor and senator, completed Mr Kennedy’s term and went on to be elected president in his own right.

The tapes were recorded with leading historian Arthur Schlesinger Jnr within months of the assassination on November 22, 1963, and had been sealed in a vault at the Kennedy Library in Boston.

The then Mrs Kennedy, who went on to marry Greek shipping tycoon Aristotle Onassis, had ordered that they should not be released until 50 years after her death, with some reports suggesting she feared that her revelations might make her family targets for revenge.

She died 17 years ago from cancer aged 64 and now her daughter, Caroline Kennedy, has agreed to release the recordings early.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2023418/Jackie-O-tapes-reveal-JFKs-affairs-believed-death.html#ixzz1USxGSna3

I always thought it was Ladybird. Seriously. I don't think LBJ would do it, just as I don't think that George H W Bush would have done anything similar. But I wouldn't trust Ladybird Johnson or Barbara Bush as far as I could heave a bull.

Rockntractor
08-08-2011, 10:57 PM
I always thought it was Ladybird. Seriously. I don't think LBJ would do it, just as I don't think that George H W Bush would have done anything similar. But I wouldn't trust Ladybird Johnson or Barbara Bush as far as I could heave a bull.

You could probably make the bull smile but I doubt you could throw one!:rotfl:

SaintLouieWoman
08-08-2011, 11:23 PM
So now we know how she felt. That is far removed from "case finally solved'.

But it does sell newspapers and ad time.
And maybe they think it's a distraction. The dims will stop at nothing. This isn't going to distract me from the savaging of my 401k. :mad:

namvet
08-09-2011, 08:57 AM
that's her opinion. I don't see any proof he was involved.

what is revealing is her affair with William Holden in retaliation for her hubby's many whore's. which should be the headline here

ralph wiggum
08-09-2011, 09:20 AM
I thought it was the BFEE? :confused:

namvet
08-09-2011, 09:25 AM
did anyone see the mini series???

trailer

ftchdNDF_kQ

Odysseus
08-09-2011, 01:51 PM
I suspect that her grief had influenced her judgement. Most conspiracy theories fail to take into account that the complexity of the operations invariably entails too many pieces to keep secret. Sooner or later, somebody talks, either because of guilt, ego, greed, fear or any of a dozen other motives. The larger the conspiracy, the harder it is to keep it secret.

DumbAss Tanker
08-09-2011, 02:03 PM
Just saying he was a Democrat would have saved a lot of keystrokes.

Excuse me, I should have added "Even for a Democrat."

;)