PDA

View Full Version : Weather pics anyone???

SarasotaRepub
08-08-2011, 06:55 PM
What does your weather look like today????

We just had some T-Storms blow thru...

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/e746ef80.jpg

Hawkgirl
08-08-2011, 07:10 PM
thunderstorm Emily :D

http://i52.tinypic.com/24bj437.jpg

Hawkgirl
08-08-2011, 07:10 PM
What does your weather look like today????

We just had some T-Storms blow thru...

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/e746ef80.jpg

I like your pool

SarasotaRepub
08-08-2011, 07:15 PM
I like your pool

Thanks! It's 90 but the storms hit before we could get in today.

The Night Owl
08-08-2011, 09:09 PM
Wow! SR lives in glass houses. Literally. Just kidding. That looks like a pretty sweet set up what with the indoor pool.

SarasotaRepub
08-08-2011, 10:28 PM
Wow! SR lives in glass houses. Literally. Just kidding. That looks like a pretty sweet set up what with the indoor pool.

You're kidding right???

The pool is outdoors. We have a screened in lani over the pool and when it pours heavy like today it can look like glass but it's all outdoors. :D

Rockntractor
08-08-2011, 10:37 PM
You're kidding right???

The pool is outdoors. We have a screened in lani over the pool and when it pours heavy like today it can look like glass but it's all outdoors. :D

I was thinking that would be nice to keep it clean all glassed in like that!:D

The Night Owl
08-08-2011, 11:36 PM
You're kidding right???

Ah! I see. Either way, glass or screen, it's pretty nice. Now don't tell me you built that set up yourself. I get DIY jealousy real easy.

megimoo
08-09-2011, 02:53 AM
Ah! I see. Either way, glass or screen, it's pretty nice. Now don't tell me you built that set up yourself. I get DIY jealousy real easy.
You are showing your stupids...Florida is very hot in the summer with lots of bugs........People need pools to cool off so they buy houses that have em with screened enclosures over them......Without a screened in pool too many bugs,no swimming....You must be originally be from L.A. ?

SarasotaRepub
08-09-2011, 09:09 AM

HA!!! No DIY, no way. We bought the house over a year ago now. :D

SarasotaRepub
08-09-2011, 10:30 AM
Yikes! No pool today either it seems. It's pouring again, good thing I got the puppers out before the sky opened up!!

Heavy showers blowing in off the Gulf.

SaintLouieWoman
08-09-2011, 12:53 PM
SR needs to get out and drain the pool a bit. It's an old pool that doesn't have an auto feature to keep from overflowing. There's some sort of a thing outside that needs to be turned---I haven't been able to budge it.

BTW, they talk funny here in Florida. In the Midwest we always called that hunk of concrete outside the house a patio. Here they call it a lanai, whether it has a pool or not. Pools aren't the luxury thing that they are up north. Most of the houses in this development and many others in Florida have pools. Actually Florida is growing on me, much more relaxing than St Louis.

But this HOA is getting me down. One lady wrote a letter of complaint about people having a moving truck in their driveway for a day. Give me a break. Then she also complained about people working on their cars in the driveway instead of their garage. Who in the world washes a car in the garage? :eek::rolleyes:

SarasotaRepub
08-09-2011, 02:30 PM
Not a good beach day in Florida but we are getting a ton of needed rain...

http://image.weather.com/images/sat/gomex_sat_600x405.jpg

Hawkgirl
08-09-2011, 05:39 PM
Here they call it a lanai, whether it has a pool or not.

Lanai is actually Hawaiian...different builders use fancy names to call a porch down here...my builder called mine a terrace...but when I lived in Miami, it was a lanai.....When I lived in NY, it was a backyard..no matter how it was designed..