PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the People's Republic of California!

LAPhil
08-15-2011, 06:31 PM
Hi, I'm new to this welcome thing, as I'm also new to this forum. I just joined last night after finding you totally by accident. I guess the most significant things I can say about myself are that I'm a born-again conservative who was a registered Democrat for 35 years until I woke up and smelled the coffee and consequently switched to the Republican party about 8 years ago. My big issue for the last several years has been illegal immigration, which of course is a major issue here in California, especially in L.A. where I live. I'm taking bit of a break from that right now, I guess because I'm becoming really focused on this economic crisis. Anyway, I hope to hear from some of you. Thanks.

Hawkgirl
08-15-2011, 06:36 PM
Welcome Phil!:)

Pull up a chair and stay a while...we love us some born-again conservatives! :bravo:

LAPhil
08-15-2011, 06:37 PM
Thanks for the welcome, Hawkgirl. I'm glad you suggested posting here.

Ranger Rick
08-15-2011, 07:09 PM
Welcome Phil. I'm just a little south of you in Orange Co.

SarasotaRepub
08-15-2011, 07:20 PM
Welcome to CU Phil. I'm another former Dem. :eek::D

Have a greyt time and enjoy yourself.

SaintLouieWoman
08-15-2011, 07:30 PM
Welcome, not a former dem but have relatives that are. Does that count? :D

Glad to have you here, think you'll find it comfortable, yet some good debate.

ABC in Georgia
08-15-2011, 07:55 PM
Phil ... Phil ... Phil

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k592/ABC160/walkinswelcome.jpg

Especially, your kind o' guy! :)

Or as Hawkgirl so aptly put it ...

Welcome Phil!:)

Pull up a chair and stay a while...we love us some born-again conservatives! :bravo:

~ ABC

Rockntractor
08-15-2011, 07:59 PM
Welcome Lap Hill.........wait a minute?:confused::eek:

ABC in Georgia
08-15-2011, 08:08 PM
Welcome Lap Hill.........wait a minute?:confused::eek:

Ooh! ... CLEVER! CLEVER! :D " Lap Hill " stuff.

~ ABC

Constitutionally Speaking
08-15-2011, 09:27 PM
Welcome!!!!!!

BadCat
08-16-2011, 06:05 PM
Buenos dias, senor.

Aquí tenemos las mujeres más calientes, pero no compartimos

Hawkgirl
08-16-2011, 06:25 PM
Buenos dias, senor.

Aquí tenemos las mujeres más calientes, pero no compartimos

I don't think he's mexican...senor Bad Cat.

obx
08-16-2011, 07:28 PM
Welcome LAPhil. I think you will like it here.

LAPhil
08-17-2011, 04:04 PM
Thank you all for the well wishes, but I haven't been receiving my e-mail reply notifications so I didn't know I'd gotten all these replies. I got them at first and now I don't. I just checked my settings and I have all the right boxes checked, so I don't know what the problem is.

ralph wiggum
08-17-2011, 04:13 PM
Welcome to CU, Phil! :cool:

LAPhil
08-17-2011, 04:17 PM
Welcome to CU, Phil! :cool:
OK, I got your reply via e-mail, so hopefully the problem's corrected. Thanks. (Your name's Ralph and you're a chick?)

ralph wiggum
08-17-2011, 04:33 PM
OK, I got your reply via e-mail, so hopefully the problem's corrected. Thanks. (Your name's Ralph and you're a chick?)

No, I'm not actually a chick. It's a long story...

Elspeth
08-18-2011, 01:49 AM

I'd love to hear that story, actually. I have always wondered about your sig line. :D

BTW, welcome LAPhil. I am from SoCal myself and post intermittently. You wouldn't happen to be a John and Ken listener, would you?

Rockntractor
08-18-2011, 02:02 AM

:rotfl:

malloc
08-18-2011, 04:11 AM
Hey Phil, welcome to CU. The coolest board on the internet! Glad you decided to join and speak up, and I'm very sorry you live in the CSSR. Move to SoCal, and join the Southern California secession movement, a movement to succeed rural southern CA from northern CA! You'll be other guy in the group besides my aunt and uncle who live in Agua Dulce.

I live in San Tan Valley, AZ and illegal immigration is one of my hot button issues for obvious reasons. What's sad is that we have a legislature and governor who are willing to do something about it in a serious way, but we can't because Zero and his merry troupe of ideologues at the Department of Social Justice, a.k.a. the Injustice Department.

LAPhil
08-18-2011, 08:29 AM
You wouldn't happen to be a John and Ken listener, would you?
I used to be but not so much anymore.

LAPhil
08-18-2011, 08:32 AM
Hey Phil, welcome to CU. The coolest board on the internet! Glad you decided to join and speak up, and I'm very sorry you live in the CSSR. Move to SoCal, and join the Southern California secession movement, a movement to succeed rural southern CA from northern CA! You'll be other guy in the group besides my aunt and uncle who live in Agua Dulce.

I do live in SoCal (hence the LA in LAPhil). I don't really put much stock in that secession movement, mainly because both halves of California are a mess and I don't see that it would do any good.

Elspeth
08-19-2011, 11:43 PM
I used to be but not so much anymore.

Any reason or did you just get busy?

Rockntractor
08-20-2011, 12:47 AM

Its good to see you back again,Elspeth.

LAPhil
08-20-2011, 09:52 AM

Hard to say. There is a lot of competition during their time slot, which is one factor. I usually listen to Sean Hannity, Michael Medved, or a podcast of the Larry Elder show from earlier in the day.

Elspeth
08-20-2011, 05:49 PM
Hard to say. There is a lot of competition during their time slot, which is one factor. I usually listen to Sean Hannity, Michael Medved, or a podcast of the Larry Elder show from earlier in the day.

Is Larry still on KABC?

LAPhil
08-20-2011, 06:12 PM
Is Larry still on KABC?
Yes, he's back after a 2-year absence. He's been back for several months. I also realized I didn't give you the best answer to your question about the John and Ken show, mainly because I had to think about it for a while. I think the reason I lost interest in them is because of their tendency to focus on state and local issues rather than national and international ones.

Tipsycatlover
09-22-2011, 11:19 AM
Are you still active at SOS?

marv
09-22-2011, 01:48 PM
Welcome aboard, LA.

An old friend, quite ill, moved to LA two years ago, but I haven't heard from him in quite a while. His constant complaint, after moveing to South LA, were the ilegales boozing it up and shooting guns and making other noises in the street outside the house he was renting.

I've been to many seminars in Anaheim, but only one in LA itself, and I won't go back to SF. But I've got several DVDs of noir movies from the forties that show what LA and CA used to be like. Such a shame. Thankfully, I'm retired now.

LAPhil
09-22-2011, 02:35 PM
Are you still active at SOS?
Not nearly as much as I used to be. Do I know you from there?