PDA

View Full Version : Gunmen Launch Deadly Attacks on Israeli Buses Near Egyptian Border

txradioguy
08-18-2011, 08:12 AM
http://a57.foxnews.com/static/managed/img/U.S./396/223/israel_bus.jpg

DEVELOPING: Israel's military spokesman says a series of attacks have occurred in the country, as assailants targeted Israeli soldiers, a passenger bus and another vehicle near the border with Egypt.

The spokesman, Brig-Gen. Yoav Mordechai, says there are fatalities as well as wounded. He says civilians and soldiers are among the casualties. At least five people were killed and 14 were injured.

The attacks began when a gunmen opened fire on passenger bus near the Israeli-Egyptian border. Minutes later, a series of bombs exploded next to an Israel Defense Force patrol in the area. Gunmen then launched an anti-tank missile at another vehicle, injuring passengers inside, the Jerusalem Post reports.

Israel's Channel 10 TV reports that a fourth attack has occurred.

Mordechai also reported a shootout between security forces and assailants in the bus attack. The Israeli army says they have killed two of the suspected attackers.

"This seems like a coordinated attack," a senior IDF officer told the Jerusalem Post.

Military spokesman Brig.-Gen. Yoav Mordechai says the attackers used heavy weapons, possibly mortars or anti-tank weapons, and explosive devices during the attacks.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/08/18/israel-radio-says-second-bus-attacked-by-gunfire/

megimoo
08-18-2011, 08:18 AM
http://a57.foxnews.com/static/managed/img/U.S./396/223/israel_bus.jpg

DEVELOPING: Israel's military spokesman says a series of attacks have occurred in the country, as assailants targeted Israeli soldiers, a passenger bus and another vehicle near the border with Egypt.

The spokesman, Brig-Gen. Yoav Mordechai, says there are fatalities as well as wounded. He says civilians and soldiers are among the casualties. At least five people were killed and 14 were injured.

The attacks began when a gunmen opened fire on passenger bus near the Israeli-Egyptian border. Minutes later, a series of bombs exploded next to an Israel Defense Force patrol in the area. Gunmen then launched an anti-tank missile at another vehicle, injuring passengers inside, the Jerusalem Post reports.

Israel's Channel 10 TV reports that a fourth attack has occurred.

Mordechai also reported a shootout between security forces and assailants in the bus attack. The Israeli army says they have killed two of the suspected attackers.

"This seems like a coordinated attack," a senior IDF officer told the Jerusalem Post.

Military spokesman Brig.-Gen. Yoav Mordechai says the attackers used heavy weapons, possibly mortars or anti-tank weapons, and explosive devices during the attacks.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/08/18/israel-radio-says-second-bus-attacked-by-gunfire/
Next they'll start planting Iranian IED's and Use Heavy sniper rifles ...

Novaheart
08-18-2011, 10:20 AM
I wish I could be president for one term. I'd make Genghis Khan look like a pussy.

megimoo
08-18-2011, 10:46 AM
I wish I could be president for one term. I'd make Genghis Khan look like a pussy.In my minds eye I see you as Jaba The Hut wearing a Red Tarboosh, riding a camel ?

Novaheart
08-18-2011, 08:43 PM
In my minds eye I see you as Jaba The Hut wearing a Red Tarboosh, riding a camel ?

More like Rodney Dangerfield on the bridge of the Enterprise.

Rockntractor
08-18-2011, 08:45 PM
I wish I could be president for one term. I'd make Genghis Khan look like a pussy.

You mistake a lot of things for a pu.............................................

Novaheart
08-18-2011, 08:47 PM
You mistake a lot of things for a pu.............................................

You're coming surprisingly close to being clever.

Odysseus
08-19-2011, 10:36 AM

Genghis Khan was a pussy. Now Tamerlane... :D

Novaheart
08-19-2011, 10:44 AM
Genghis Khan was a pussy. Now Tamerlane... :D

Which one literally scorched and salted the earth in Iran, and left cities abandoned to this day because the Caliph of Turkey (whatever) killed or insulted his messenger?

Odysseus
08-19-2011, 11:49 AM
Which one literally scorched and salted the earth in Iran, and left cities abandoned to this day because the Caliph of Turkey (whatever) killed or insulted his messenger?

Kid stuff. Tamerlane once ordered that a tower be built out of live men piled on top of one another and cemented together with bricks and mortar.

Regardless, you're not making anyone look like a pussy. Not even a cat.

Novaheart
08-19-2011, 08:05 PM
Regardless, you're not making anyone look like a pussy.

That's just mean, and I do believe that I am the only person on this forum who has openly called for the immediate reduction of the world population by over a billion people.

Apache
08-19-2011, 08:14 PM
:DDsmilie_panic:
That's just mean, and I do believe that I am the only person on this forum who has openly called for the immediate reduction of the world population by over a billion people.

Zathras
08-19-2011, 09:30 PM

Ok, you first.