PDA

View Full Version : Iran Reportedly Sentences American Hikers to 8 Years in Prison

SarasotaRepub
08-20-2011, 09:37 AM
TEHRAN -- Iran (http://www.foxnews.com/topics/iran.htm#r_src=ramp) sentenced two American hikers detained in the Islamic republic to eight years in prison on charges of "illegal entry" and "espionage," AFP reported Saturday, citing state TV.

"According to an informed source with the judiciary, Shane Bauer and Josh Fattal, the two detained American citizens, have been each sentenced to three years in prison for illegal entry to the Islamic Republic of Iran," the state broadcaster's website reported.

It added that the two were "sentenced to five years in prison on charges of espionage for the American intelligence agency."

The pair, both 29, were arrested along with Sarah Shourd, 32, on the unmarked border between Iraq (http://www.foxnews.com/topics/iraq.htm#r_src=ramp) and Iran on July 31, 2009.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/08/20/iran-reportedly-sentences-american-hikers-to-8-years-in-prison/#ixzz1VZm7b8OH

Novaheart
08-20-2011, 11:44 AM
TEHRAN -- Iran (http://www.foxnews.com/topics/iran.htm#r_src=ramp) sentenced two American hikers detained in the Islamic republic to eight years in prison on charges of "illegal entry" and "espionage," AFP reported Saturday, citing state TV.

"According to an informed source with the judiciary, Shane Bauer and Josh Fattal, the two detained American citizens, have been each sentenced to three years in prison for illegal entry to the Islamic Republic of Iran," the state broadcaster's website reported.

It added that the two were "sentenced to five years in prison on charges of espionage for the American intelligence agency."

The pair, both 29, were arrested along with Sarah Shourd, 32, on the unmarked border between Iraq (http://www.foxnews.com/topics/iraq.htm#r_src=ramp) and Iran on July 31, 2009.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/08/20/iran-reportedly-sentences-american-hikers-to-8-years-in-prison/#ixzz1VZm7b8OH

That's unfortunate and hopefully they will eventually get a book tour on Oprah and a movie out of it... but unless there is something I have missed, this falls into the category of Jewish journalists going behind the scenes in Taliban country, and various other hippies who think that they can reason with unreasonable people because after all we're all one big family, one human family, and well damnit Flower Power isn't dead!

Don't go hiking in hostile territory.

I had an idiot roommate a couple of years ago who announced his intention to go to Nepal or Bhutan or someplace like that on his vacation. "Aren't they having street battles between the loyalists and the Chinese-affiliated maoists?" I asked. "Oh, (as if I had pissed on his paper carnations) I never have any problems with the local people in places like that." I started thinking about how much I could get selling off his stuff when he didn't come back. For the record, he too had avoided diagnosis, but had the same look in his eyes and the same way of moving his head (like you could hear his brain running around in his skull) as Governor Rick Scott.

Sonnabend
08-20-2011, 08:54 PM
Want them back?'

Here's how.

Take two Iranian terrorists in custody and publically execute them. The following day, do the same.

The day after that, tell Iran that for every day they hold them, the US will destroy one military target.

Every day.

Mind you, that takes courage, something Barry boy don't have.

Novaheart
08-20-2011, 09:06 PM
Want them back?'

Here's how.

Take two Iranian terrorists in custody and publically execute them. The following day, do the same.

The day after that, tell Iran that for every day they hold them, the US will destroy one military target.

Every day.

Which republican president are you holding up as the example of the proper way to handle it?

Sonnabend
08-20-2011, 09:37 PM
Any of 'em. Ron Reagan would be my main choice.

Mind you none of them would ever have the guts to bring the hammer down.

That's what should have happened before. Give back the hostages . No? Bye bye refinery. Give em back.

No? Kiss that airfield and jets bye bye.

Every day.

Articulate_Ape
08-21-2011, 12:00 AM
Want them back?'

Here's how.

Every day.

As a concept your plan sounds swell. In reality in smacks of an utter misunderstanding of the game.

If you want these hikers back, you stop caring about them. Say to the Iranian government, "You can have them." Then add, "We expect them to be treated as we would treat you, were you to fall into our hands."

PS> "We will bomb you into the fucking stone age you strive to live in if you decide that terms set forth above don't meet your primitive needs."

(Meanwhile, we get ready to smart-bomb the rug-thumping theocrats of Iran into the fucking stone age they strive to live in)

Call it Roadhouse diplomacy. :)

SarasotaRepub
08-21-2011, 11:05 AM
Want them back?'

Here's how.

Every day.

Holy shit Sonna...do these kids have the map to the Fountain of Youth or something??? :eek: Your solution is just a tad extreme. :D

Sonnabend
08-22-2011, 12:45 AM
It is wrong to put temptation in the path of any nation,
For fear they should succumb and go astray;
So when you are requested to pay up or be molested,
You will find it better policy to say: --
"We never pay any-one Dane-geld,
No matter how trifling the cost;
For the end of that game is oppression and shame,
And the nation that pays it is lost!"

SR, did you ever wonder why it is that these Islamic shitheads never molested a single Russian citizen?

Because they knew, and were deadly afraid, of what the Russians would do in return.

Don't pay the Dane. Don't knuckle under. Don't negotiate. Send a message "Return them or else"

noonwitch
08-22-2011, 12:58 PM
Want them back?'

Here's how.

Every day.

The Iranians would surely kill them in retaliation.

KhrushchevsShoe
08-22-2011, 06:31 PM
How about dont go fucking hiking in Iran. Im sorry, but at a certain level of stupidity you waive your right to have the federal government go to war on your behalf.

lacarnut
08-22-2011, 06:43 PM
How about dont go fucking hiking in Iran. Im sorry, but at a certain level of stupidity you waive your right to have the federal government go to war on your behalf.

Seems logical to me. We will wind up exchanging some form of compensation for these two dunces.

Rockntractor
08-22-2011, 06:48 PM

Pretty much the way I see it!