PDA

View Full Version : "We Are Very Concerned With What's Going to Happen in New England. "

megimoo
08-24-2011, 11:31 AM
Hurricane Irene: Major Northeast Threats

Going back to 1851, there have been only 5 hurricanes whose centers of circulation have passed within 75 miles of New York City. The last hurricane within that distance from New York City was Hurricane Gloria 26 years ago.

Similarly, only 10 hurricanes since 1851 have passed within 75 miles of Boston. The most recent was almost exactly 20 years ago: Hurricane Bob.

National Hurricane Center Director Bill Read laid the threat out plainly: "We are very concerned with what's going to happen in New England. The benchmark is the 1938 hurricane. I am very concerned with what will happen there."
snip
The Bottom Line: Wind threat
Timing: Conditions deteriorate Saturday night. Strongest winds Sunday. Lingering strong winds possible early Monday in New England.
Possible impacts: Widespread trees downed, power outages, particularly near the coast. Potential for some structural damage in strongest gusts near center of Irene.

http://www.weather.com/weather/hurricanecentral/article/hurricane-irene-major-northeast-threats_2011-08-23

SarasotaRepub
08-24-2011, 12:47 PM
Oh for Christ sake it'll only be a CAT 1 by then...pussies. :p:D

Bailey
08-24-2011, 12:52 PM

Well I'd like to see what a few inches of snow would do to you guys :)

I saw snow in southern GA a few years ago and it snarled up the whole area for hours.

megimoo
08-24-2011, 12:54 PM

If this thing turns around and blows up your butt we'll see who's crying..

SarasotaRepub
08-24-2011, 12:58 PM
Well I'd like to see what a few inches of snow would do to you guys :)

I saw snow in southern GA a few years ago and it snarled up the whole area for hours.

Hey, I'm from Jersey and have lived in Wisconsin and Missouri. :p