PDA

View Full Version : Bloomie Tells Em: Head For The Hills

megimoo
08-25-2011, 12:41 PM
New York prepares for the worst as Hurricane Irene causes panic in the Bahamas and threatens to batter the East Coast with 150mph winds

Get to higher ground: Bloomberg tells New Yorkers to prepare for evacuation as Hurricane Irene causes panic in the Bahamas and threatens to batter the East Coast with 150mph winds

Gaining strength: Irene is expected to gain in intensity to Category 4 as it moves over open water between the Bahamas and North Carolina's Outer Banks

New York began preparing for the worst today as hurricane Irene devastated the Bahamas, caused panic in North Carolina and threatened to continue its path of destruction right through to America's most populous city. Experts who had hoped the storms would fade into the Atlantic before hitting the Big Apple have swiftly changed tack, warning the huge hurricane could continue to hug the coast, causing an extent of damage to the East Coast not seen in more than half a century. The storms could rival the most notorious to have ravaged the area, such as 1954's

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2028553/Hurricane-Irene-path-2011-Newly-wed-couple-evacuees-Ocracoke-Island.html

SarasotaRepub
08-25-2011, 01:08 PM
:DDsmilie_panic::DDsmilie_panic::DDsmilie_panic:

megimoo
08-25-2011, 01:23 PM
:DDsmilie_panic::DDsmilie_panic::DDsmilie_panic:

Better add New Jousie to the panic..:DDsmilie_panic::DDsmilie_panic::DDsmilie_p anic::D

Bailey
08-25-2011, 02:21 PM
100 mile an hour winds is nothing to laugh at douche. :mad:

This isnt the south where our buldings can be replaced as easy as all those trailer parks you have down there. :p

megimoo
08-25-2011, 02:24 PM
100 mile an hour winds is nothing to laugh at douche. :mad:

This isnt the south where our buldings can be replaced as easy as all those trailer parks you have down there. :pWhoose ya calling a douche ?

Bailey
08-25-2011, 02:25 PM
All the people who think its a joke that NJ is going to get hit. :P

megimoo
08-25-2011, 02:31 PM
All the people who think its a joke that NJ is going to get hit. :P
He's just a Muy Macho Guy from South Jersey Transplanted to Florida..He likes Hurricanes..:D

Bailey
08-25-2011, 02:39 PM
He's just a Muy Macho Guy from South Jersey Transplanted to Florida..He likes Hurricanes..:D

No i can excuse him :D

But it was a general statement to all :)

SarasotaRepub
08-25-2011, 03:00 PM

That's Central Jersey...get it right. :mad::D

Christ, this storm is going to be worse than a January NorEaster as far as the whine factor goes. The thing will probably veer out to sea. :p

You all know I'm just kidding, hopefully there isn't major damage to anyone.

Bailey
08-25-2011, 03:01 PM

Christ, this storm is going to be worse than a January NorEaster as far as the whine factor goes. The thing will probably veer out to sea. :p

You all know I'm just kidding, hopefully there isn't major damage to anyone.

No you are not kidding at least about the whining part :D :p

SarasotaRepub
08-25-2011, 03:09 PM
No you are not kidding at least about the whining part :D :p

Hey, I love these storms!!!!:D

megimoo
08-25-2011, 03:17 PM

You all know I'm just kidding, hopefully there isn't major damage to anyone.nope..turning east heading for New York City..

SarasotaRepub
08-25-2011, 03:20 PM
nope..turning east heading for New York City..

Well...that's not necessarily a bad thing...:D

But on the bright side, it's sunny, hot, and DRY here right now.

Bailey
08-25-2011, 03:31 PM
Well...that's not necessarily a bad thing...:D

But on the bright side, it's sunny, hot, and DRY here right now.

If not for your lovely wife I'd hope a Cat 5 would land on your house :D :P

just kidding :)

Hawkgirl
08-25-2011, 06:10 PM
Those wooden framed houses in NY don't stand a chance. But predictions say it will sink to a Level 1 before it hits NY...Although skyscrapers will probably get their windows blown out.

And electricity will be lost for days. I told my family up in New Yawk to stock up on bottled water and canned food. I also offered them a place to stay..especially to the smart asses who always use Florida and Hurricanes in the same sentence.

Starbuck
08-25-2011, 06:26 PM
100 mile an hour winds is nothing to laugh at douche. :mad:...........
If the winds are 100 MPH at the center they will be 115 on the East side and 85 on the West side of the center, all due to the counterclockwise rotation of the storm. That's assuming a Northward track of 15 MPH.
85 MPH is still good wind, and if thecenter hits far enough into Long Island...well, you can figure it out.

Starbuck
08-25-2011, 06:28 PM
Those wooden framed houses in NY don't stand a chance. But predictions say it will sink to a Level 1 before it hits NY...Although skyscrapers will probably get their windows blown out.

And electricity will be lost for days. I told my family up in New Yawk to stock up on bottled water and canned food. I also offered them a place to stay..especially to the smart asses who always use Florida and Hurricanes in the same sentence.

I ordered - but have not received yet - a bucket of freeze dried foods. Suppose to be 56 'meals' in there, and I say 'meals' because they are typically about 300 calories.

Anyone have experience with this sort of product?

Hawkgirl
08-25-2011, 06:56 PM
I ordered - but have not received yet - a bucket of freeze dried foods. Suppose to be 56 'meals' in there, and I say 'meals' because they are typically about 300 calories.

Anyone have experience with this sort of product?

Nope, we have a generator and keep a frig running....we have a gas bbq too....Last time we lost power was during Wilma and my mom cooked a 3 course meal and we had cold beverages. :D Floridians can handle hurricanes.

We don't do :DDsmilie_panic: We do this::rolleyes:

Stay safe!