PDA

View Full Version : Christie Declares a State of Emergency in New Jersey, Mobilizes National Guard

megimoo
08-25-2011, 01:19 PM
Gov. Chris Christie has signed a declaration of a state of emergency in order to mobilize the National Guard in preparation for Hurricane Irene. Christie said this will allow the National Guard to begin working across the state to prepare for the storm. State Police Superintendent Col. Rick Fuentes said the eye of the storm could pass over Cape May. To anyone planning to go...

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2011/08/as_hurricane_irene_approaches.html

SarasotaRepub
08-25-2011, 01:42 PM
What a bunch of Drama Queens...:p:p:D

Just kidding. I already called my sister up in Central Jersey yesterday and told her to get ready for this...

SarasotaRepub
08-25-2011, 01:53 PM
The Weather Channel guys are probably in heaven!! This is better than a Winter Blizzard!!! :eek::D

linda22003
08-25-2011, 01:55 PM
The Weather Channel guys are probably in heaven!! This is better than a Winter Blizzard!!! :eek::D

Oh, yeah. They live for this stuff. :D

Bailey
08-25-2011, 01:55 PM

Yay people are going to die and millions of dollars in damage YAY :rolleyes:

megimoo
08-25-2011, 03:03 PM
The Weather Channel guys are probably in heaven!! This is better than a Winter Blizzard!!! :eek::DHey Sara, you're pissing Bailey off....

SaintLouieWoman
08-25-2011, 03:09 PM
Yay people are going to die and millions of dollars in damage YAY :rolleyes:

Don't pay any attention to him. He has a sick sense of humor, but he's really a peach in real life. :D

I hate these hurricanes and worry about people getting hurt and property damage. He and I sort of balance each other. :an:

Bailey
08-25-2011, 03:21 PM
Don't pay any attention to him. He has a sick sense of humor, but he's really a peach in real life. :D

I hate these hurricanes and worry about people getting hurt and property damage. He and I sort of balance each other. :an:

No I was refering to the TV guys and how they get all pumped up about a storm and such. :D

Starbuck
08-25-2011, 03:27 PM
No I was refering to the TV guys and how they get all pumped up about a storm and such. :D

Oh, TELL ME that Jim Cantore doesn't just live for this stuff! They'll send him out in his spiffy looking foul weather garb, and he'll lean into the wind shouting into the microphone while the film crew throws lawn chairs past him...it'll be great! :)

Bailey
08-25-2011, 03:30 PM
Oh, TELL ME that Jim Cantore doesn't just live for this stuff! They'll send him out in his spiffy looking foul weather garb, and he'll lean into the wind shouting into the microphone while the film crew throws lawn chairs past him...it'll be great! :)

Would be funny to see one of those lawn chairs biff him. lol

SaintLouieWoman
08-26-2011, 12:36 AM
Would be funny to see one of those lawn chairs biff him. lol
I want to see them send Geraldo out there and have some flying debris ding him, just a little bit. :D

Hawkgirl
08-26-2011, 06:07 PM
I want to see them send Geraldo out there and have some flying debris ding him, just a little bit. :D

I would pay to see that.:o

SaintLouieWoman
08-26-2011, 11:34 PM
I would pay to see that.:o
I think Geraldo is getting older and soft. At least so far they're just showing old clips of him with hurricanes. He seems to be broadcasting from the studio. :D