PDA

View Full Version : Dooooooooooooooooomed!!!!!

SarasotaRepub
08-26-2011, 11:14 AM
http://i.imwx.com/images/maps/truvu/map_specnews15_ltst_4namus_enus_600x338.jpg

Man...SLW and I will be able to buy some Jersey Shore property real cheap soon...
:D

lacarnut
08-26-2011, 11:24 AM
http://i.imwx.com/images/maps/truvu/map_specnews15_ltst_4namus_enus_600x338.jpg

Man...SLW and I will be able to buy some Jersey Shore property real cheap soon...
:D

I think you will be going by yourself.:) Looks like it could be a very bad one.

SarasotaRepub
08-26-2011, 11:40 AM
Winds are DOWN to 105 mph. Just sayin...

linda22003
08-26-2011, 11:46 AM
Winds are DOWN to 105 mph. Just sayin...

I was just in the cafe in my office building getting a sandwich. The head of FEMA was on TV saying the DC area should expect power outages of "up to a week, or more". Looks like we'll be grilling all the meat in the freezer again. :rolleyes:

SaintLouieWoman
08-26-2011, 11:49 AM
I think you will be going by yourself.:) Looks like it could be a very bad one.
And you will be right. :D

SaintLouieWoman
08-26-2011, 11:51 AM
I was just in the cafe in my office building getting a sandwich. The head of FEMA was on TV saying the DC area should expect power outages of "up to a week, or more". Looks like we'll be grilling all the meat in the freezer again. :rolleyes:

We bought about 4 larger coolers in St Louis to help with power outages and filled them with ice. They held the food quite a while. Good luck, hope they're wrong about the track of the storm and the intensity.

SarasotaRepub
08-26-2011, 11:53 AM

Well what else can they say? I'm telling ya, this has all the earmarks of a typical overblown NorEaster story except it's August.

Bailey
08-26-2011, 12:00 PM
Well what else can they say? I'm telling ya, this has all the earmarks of a typical overblown NorEaster story except it's August.

they are saying now it will only be a 14% chance of hurricane condtions where i live and 82% tropcal storm conditons so meh

megimoo
08-26-2011, 12:08 PM
Well what else can they say? I'm telling ya, this has all the earmarks of a typical overblown NorEaster story except it's August.You sound disappointed that it's slowing down and weakening ?

lacarnut
08-26-2011, 12:09 PM

Meat will last in the freezer 3 1/2 days if you fill the freezer up and do not open the door too much. As long as the defrosted meat stays cool to the touch, it is not bad. If you have room, freeze water in gallon jugs. The more things you have frozen in the freezer the better.

Some people hit their insurance co. up for spoilage. I never did cause I don't want my rates going up.

SarasotaRepub
08-26-2011, 12:13 PM
You sound disappointed that it's slowing down and weakening ?

Well of course!! I'm an eeeeeeevil ReThug Sith. :p;)

Bailey
08-26-2011, 12:21 PM
Well of course!! I'm an eeeeeeevil ReThug Sith. :p;)

God your sister is up here, i understand not letting it worry you but she must've been a monster to you in your youth to be rooting for this storm :D

megimoo
08-26-2011, 12:26 PM
God your sister is up here, i understand not letting it worry you but she must've been a monster to you in your youth to be rooting for this storm :DShe ate all of his cookies..:D

Bailey
08-26-2011, 12:27 PM
She ate all of his cookies..:D

Or gave him massive wedgies :)

linda22003
08-26-2011, 12:31 PM
Meat will last in the freezer 3 1/2 days if you fill the freezer up and do not open the door too much. As long as the defrosted meat stays cool to the touch, it is not bad. If you have room, freeze water in gallon jugs. The more things you have frozen in the freezer the better.

Yep. I've frozen bottles of water and packed both freezers. :)

SarasotaRepub
08-26-2011, 12:31 PM
Or gave him massive wedgies :)

HA!!! :p

I know things won't be as bad as they say since I heard FearLess Leader came on TV a while ago to "reassure" the masses. :rolleyes:

Bailey
08-26-2011, 12:35 PM
HA!!! :p

I know things won't be as bad as they say since I heard FearLess Leader came on TV a while ago to "reassure" the masses. :rolleyes:

I knew it was a waste of time appealing to your better side :D:p

Hawkgirl
08-26-2011, 06:19 PM
What could possibly go wrong??

http://i56.tinypic.com/11gi0l4.jpg

:DDsmilie_panic: