PDA

View Full Version : It's Hurricane IKE, NOT Hurricane Mike!

mike128
09-09-2008, 04:17 AM
Recently, I heard a CNN reporter refer to Hurricane Ike as Hurricane Mike. It was obviously an accident, but my name just happens to be Mike, and I got offended. I DO NOT wish to be associated with any destructive hurricane, because I am one of the most conservative pro-life people in this world, and I wouldn't wish that type of destruction on anyone!

I sincerely hope that Hurricane Ike dwindles down to a tropical storm before it hits Texas. If lives are saved, and no damagr is done as a result of Ike, then I'll be just as happy as those Texas residents whose properties are still intact.

Space Gravy
09-09-2008, 08:04 AM
Recently, I heard a CNN reporter refer to Hurricane Ike as Hurricane Mike. It was obviously an accident, but my name just happens to be Mike, and I got offended. I DO NOT wish to be associated with any destructive hurricane, because I am one of the most conservative pro-life people in this world, and I wouldn't wish that type of destruction on anyone!

I sincerely hope that Hurricane Ike dwindles down to a tropical storm before it hits Texas. If lives are saved, and no damagr is done as a result of Ike, then I'll be just as happy as those Texas residents whose properties are still intact.

I hope you're not planning to file a lawsuit.

linda22003
09-09-2008, 09:30 AM
Perhaps there are other people named Mike, as well. Just a thought.

Rebel Yell
09-09-2008, 09:37 AM
Perhaps there are other people named Mike, as well. Just a thought.

I don't know, that's a pretty unique name.:rolleyes:

SaintLouieWoman
09-09-2008, 10:17 AM
Is "Mike" the assigned name when they get to the M hurricane?

Sorry that you were insulted Mike, hope you get over it soon. :D

linda22003
09-09-2008, 10:23 AM
Is "Mike" the assigned name when they get to the M hurricane?

Much more exotic - it will be "Marco" this year. The next one up after Josephine is "Kyle" - it's hard to be scared of anything called "Kyle". :rolleyes:

LibraryLady
09-09-2008, 10:24 AM
Katrina sounded kind of sweet.....:(

I think Ike should sue.

SaintLouieWoman
09-09-2008, 10:50 AM
Much more exotic - it will be "Marco" this year. The next one up after Josephine is "Kyle" - it's hard to be scared of anything called "Kyle". :rolleyes:
Thanks, Marco doesn't sound too scary either.:D

linda22003
09-09-2008, 10:52 AM
I just picture people saying "Screw you, Kyle", in a nasal Cartman voice. :p

Rebel Yell
09-09-2008, 12:03 PM
OH NO!!!!!!!! LOOK OUT!!!!!!!!! HERE COMES.........Kyle? :confused: