PDA

View Full Version : So how did you fare???

SarasotaRepub
08-28-2011, 09:04 AM
Now that THE most horrible storm to EVER exist is pulling
North :rolleyes:, how did you do???

FL was out of this one, this time.

lacarnut
08-28-2011, 09:13 AM
Sunny and hot in big B.R. The Gulf Coast will have it's share of My God the World's coming to an end this hurricane season.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Bailey
08-28-2011, 11:37 AM
I made out pretty good....until my friend called my at 10pm to take her and her son to the hopital, that was some of the worst weather i have ever driven through. I am shocked my power wasnt knocked out.

Starbuck
08-28-2011, 05:09 PM
I made out pretty good....until my friend called my at 10pm to take her and her son to the hopital, that was some of the worst weather i have ever driven through. I am shocked my power wasnt knocked out.
Must have been pretty serious for her to call at that time..........Everyone OK?

djones520
08-28-2011, 05:12 PM
Dealing with clean up here at work. Still affecting a few airfields we work with a lot, so people are pinging hard. Not a lot of fun, but I'm really glad I had the last couple days off.

Articulate_Ape
08-28-2011, 05:45 PM
Well. And it's "fare".

djones520
08-28-2011, 05:52 PM
Well. And it's "fare".

You got hairy Linda.

Articulate_Ape
08-28-2011, 06:00 PM
You got hairy Linda.

You've forgotten your native tongue, Geraldo. :p

JB
08-28-2011, 06:24 PM
The talking heads on all the local broadcast stations have been on for over 36 hours now. They keep repeating the same thing at the same places. Ugh. It rained and there were high winds. It flooded and trees are down. Please stop.

Last night around 6 PM they told me I should fill my bathtub with water in case I need to flush my toilet or clean myself up. Then, at 10:30 PM when they feared tornados might touch down they told me to seek refuge in my basement. However, if you didn't have a basement (I don't) they told me to take the cushions off my sofa and take cover in my bathtub.

I don't think they thought their advice through because there I was, sitting in a cold tub of water with sofa cushions over my head, which are still soaked, waiting for the tornados to pass. There has to be a better way. :D

SarasotaRepub
08-28-2011, 07:00 PM
The talking heads on all the local broadcast stations have been on for over 36 hours now. They keep repeating the same thing at the same places. Ugh. It rained and there were high winds. It flooded and trees are down. Please stop.

Last night around 6 PM they told me I should fill my bathtub with water in case I need to flush my toilet or clean myself up. Then, at 10:30 PM when they feared tornados might touch down they told me to seek refuge in my basement. However, if you didn't have a basement (I don't) they told me to take the cushions off my sofa and take cover in my bathtub.

I don't think they thought their advice through because there I was, sitting in a cold tub of water with sofa cushions over my head, which are still soaked, waiting for the tornados to pass. There has to be a better way. :D

And then a light would fall in the tub, the power would come back on and...

:D

JB
08-28-2011, 07:11 PM
And then a light would fall in the tub, the power would come back on and...

:DExactly. Good thing I didn't bring the TV into the tub. :p

The brain trust around here evacuated residents from Atlantic City (which was pretty much unscathed) to a shelter 30 miles inland that, you guessed it, flooded. Oy.

One of the local weather talking heads kept saying "Most of us in Philadelphia have never seen a hurricane make landfall. The last time it happened was in 1903".

Uh, that was 108 years ago. I'm pretty sure that all of us in the area had never seen a landfall hurricane. I gave her a pass after she said it once but she must have repeated it throughout the night another 10 times. Where do they find these people?

djones520
08-28-2011, 07:35 PM
Exactly. Good thing I didn't bring the TV into the tub. :p

The brain trust around here evacuated residents from Atlantic City (which was pretty much unscathed) to a shelter 30 miles inland that, you guessed it, flooded. Oy.

One of the local weather talking heads kept saying "Most of us in Philadelphia have never seen a hurricane make landfall. The last time it happened was in 1903".

Uh, that was 108 years ago. I'm pretty sure that all of us in the area had never seen a landfall hurricane. I gave her a pass after she said it once but she must have repeated it throughout the night another 10 times. Where do they find these people?

Was it an Accuweather forecast? I know a lot of stations "buy" forecasts from them. Accuweather pretty much hires people right out of college for $35,000 a year. And it's pretty much the people who couldn't find work elsewhere, so their scraping the bottom of the barrel as it is.

Bailey
08-28-2011, 07:46 PM
Must have been pretty serious for her to call at that time..........Everyone OK?

her son has some issues that only a ER could handle but he is ok now :)

JB
08-28-2011, 07:52 PM
Was it an Accuweather forecast? I know a lot of stations "buy" forecasts from them. Accuweather pretty much hires people right out of college for $35,000 a year. And it's pretty much the people who couldn't find work elsewhere, so their scraping the bottom of the barrel as it is.She's an employee of the local news station but yes, they call their weather forecast Accuweather. Or "brought to you by Accuweather" I think is their line.

Accuweather or not, someone needs to tell her, "Yo Einstein, rephrase your copy". :D

SaintLouieWoman
08-28-2011, 07:56 PM
Well. And it's "fare".

Thanks noticed that earlier and forgot to change it. SR is going to correct it now before Linda #'s admonishes him. :an: :D

SarasotaRepub
08-28-2011, 07:59 PM
Thanks noticed that earlier and forgot to change it. SR is going to correct it now before Linda #'s admonishes him. :an: :D

:eek::eek::eek:

djones520
08-28-2011, 11:02 PM
Irene is now dead. She's been downgraded to a Post-Tropical storm.

SarasotaRepub
08-28-2011, 11:07 PM
I won't feel totally safe until I hear it from Nadin. :(

djones520
08-28-2011, 11:11 PM
I won't feel totally safe until I hear it from Nadin. :(

Want to know whats funny? I've had a splitting head ache all day. I saw that report, and it just straight up dissapeared.