PDA

View Full Version : Grilled pork tenderloin with rosemary

SaintLouieWoman
08-28-2011, 10:36 AM
I have lots of rosemary growing in a pot on our patio/lanai. Maybe this will be a way to use some of it---probably have about 5 years worth. The stuff lasts forever, with the few days of cold in the winter not touching it. Even my basil survived from last year.

Grilled Pork Tenderloin (Phase 1)
Description
Pork tenderloin is a lean boneless piece of meat that is usually sold in packages of two. Here, weve prepared both tenderloins with a garlic-rosemary rub, which gives a blast of flavor and forms a nice crust on this tender meat.
Tip: Cover the grill during cooking if using a gas grill. Leave uncovered if using charcoal, and move tenderloin to a cooler section of the grill for 2 additional minutes at the end of cooking time.
Makes 6-8 servings
Ingredients

Garlic rub:

3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
3 medium garlic cloves, chopped
1 small shallot, chopped
1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary

Pork:
2 pork tenderloins (about 13/4 pounds total), trimmed
Salt

Instructions
For rub: Puree all ingredients in blender or food processor until smooth, scraping down jar of blender as needed.
Heat grill to high; lightly oil grate. Pat tenderloins dry with paper towel; sprinkle with salt.
Using your hands, rub tenderloins with garlic mixture. Place on grill until browned on three sides; about 4 minutes per side.
Turn to final side of loins; grill 3 minutes, until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest part registers 160F.
Meat should be slightly pink in center. Transfer to cutting board; cover with foil and let rest 5 minutes. (The meat will finish cooking during this resting time.) Slice crosswise into 1" thick pieces.
Nutrition information
Per serving:
192 calories
10 g fat (2 g sat)
1 g carbohydrate
24 g protein
0 g fiber
58 mg sodium
73 mg cholesterol
See all South Beach Diet tips. (http://www.southbeachdiet.com/sbd/publicsite/south-beach-diet-tips.aspx)
http://images.waterfrontmedia.com/sbd/cms/tips/img_dish_week1.gif

Articulate_Ape
08-28-2011, 06:03 PM
That sounds great, SLW. I am gonna have to try it.

SaintLouieWoman
08-28-2011, 07:54 PM
That sounds great, SLW. I am gonna have to try it.

I've been collecting easy to do recipes lately. The 3 criteria are they must be easy to do, taste delicious and be healthy. Those 3 are sometimes difficult. :D

I have 2 shelfs full of cookbooks, but usually prefer doing my own things, with a little of this and a little of that.

Bubba Dawg
08-28-2011, 08:39 PM
I've been collecting easy to do recipes lately. The 3 criteria are they must be easy to do, taste delicious and be healthy. Those 3 are sometimes difficult. :D

I have 2 shelfs full of cookbooks, but usually prefer doing my own things, with a little of this and a little of that.

Easy, delicious and healthy are difficult but there are lots of good recipes out there. Thanks for sharing.

I have cookbooks but I also like to just get out some ingredients and see what happens. One key is to have a good supply of ingredients on hand.

And i don't buy heavy cream and have it on hand anymore. Amazing how often that particular ingredient got used. :D

SaintLouieWoman
08-28-2011, 11:52 PM
Easy, delicious and healthy are difficult but there are lots of good recipes out there. Thanks for sharing.

I have cookbooks but I also like to just get out some ingredients and see what happens. One key is to have a good supply of ingredients on hand.

And i don't buy heavy cream and have it on hand anymore. Amazing how often that particular ingredient got used. :D

I've been filling the refrigerator drawer with veggies and we manage to empty it each week. Olive oil is now a staple. I've been getting a variety of veggies so we won't get bored with them. It's amazing how I've absolutely lost my taste for sweets. (not saying that about SR, who enjoys a small cup of ice cream almost every night). But as long as things are in moderation, it's cool.

I think we're both feeling a lot better eating like this. At least I am. :D

RobJohnson
08-29-2011, 06:49 AM
I think we're both feeling a lot better eating like this. At least I am. :D

I'm very happy to read this! :D