PDA

View Full Version : That Was Fast & Furious: U.S. Attorney For Arizona, Dennis Burke Resigns

megimoo
08-30-2011, 05:48 PM
According to Fox News, Dennis Burke got physically sick during questioning last week when questioned by congressional investigators. Burke became so ill, that he could not finish his questioning.

........The move comes amid fallout from Operation Fast and Furious, that was designed to track gun buyers and major weapons traffickers along the border. One of the guns was linked to the death of Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry last year.

“My long tenure in public service has been intensely gratifying. It has also been intensely demanding. For me, it is the right time to move on to pursue other aspects of my career and my life and allow the office to move ahead," Burke said in the letter....Burke was appointed U.S. Attorney for the District of Arizona in 2009.
Burke's departure comes the same day as the transfer of ATF acting director Kenneth Melson to a new post.

http://www.kfyi.com/pages/broomhead.html?article=9044302

COMMENTS:
He must have been anticipating some time in the slammer with buba....

Dennis Burke, AZ US Attorney forced to resign amid scandal, cover-up

Within days of testifying before a Congressional committee about his office’s role in the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms gun-smuggling operation known as “Fast and Furious,” U.S. Attorney for Arizona Dennis Burke has submitted his letter of resignation — effective immediately. His resignation comes amid fallout of his knowledge of the ill-conceived and reckless operation that that left Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry dead in a gun battle near Rio Rico,Arizona. Terry’s murder effectively ended the scheme.

Burke an attentive student of and longtime aide to Janet Napolitano, previously served as her Chief of Staff and was appointed to the Arizona U.S. Attorney post by Napolitano’s boss, Barack Obama. His career is now in shambles, though his name was previously mentioned as a possible Democrat contender for several higher offices.
http://seeingredaz.wordpress.com/2011/08/30/22549/