PDA

View Full Version : China Developing 'Star Wars' Missile Defense Shield

megimoo
08-31-2011, 11:39 AM
China is developing a missile defense system in the highest layer of the atmosphere and outer space using high-end technologies like laser beams and kinetic energy intercept.
SNIP
The Defense Department speculates that China already has the technology to counter low-flying cruise missiles or short-range ballistic missiles. It is believed to be using Russian-made SA-20 ground-to-air missiles or its own homegrown HQ-9 long-range SAM missiles.

"China is proceeding with the research and development of a missile defense 'umbrella' consisting of kinetic energy intercept at exo-atmospheric altitudes (>80 km), as well as intercepts of ballistic missiles and other aerospace vehicles within the upper atmosphere," the report says.

In January 2007, China joined the space war by launching an interceptor missile against a superannuated weather satellite floating 859 km above the earth. In January last year, it also successfully tested a ground-based midcourse defense (GMD) system, demonstrating its ability to intercept midcourse ballistic missiles at an altitude of 20 km.

http://www.china-defense-mashup.com/china-developing-star-wars-missile-defense-shield.html

fettpett
08-31-2011, 12:20 PM
and they called Regan crazy for this.....:rolleyes:

megimoo
08-31-2011, 12:32 PM
and they called Regan crazy for this.....:rolleyes:

They've stolen, or have been given,most of it by the liberals already so they figure what the hey...:rolleyes:

fettpett
08-31-2011, 12:45 PM
They've stolen, or have been given,most of it by the liberals already so they figure what the hey...:rolleyes:

true, hell the Chinese have been talking about militarizing space for a long time, this just shows they are even more serious

megimoo
08-31-2011, 12:57 PM
true, hell the Chinese have been talking about militarizing space for a long time, this just shows they are even more seriousThe Chinese idea of Star Wars is the same as the Russians.Just launch a big nuke in the general direction of an incoming and blow hell out of everything up there..Don't worry about the radio active fallout, they have plenty of peasants to lose..

fettpett
08-31-2011, 01:00 PM
The Chinese idea of Star Wars is the same as the Russians.Just launch a big nuke in the general direction of an incoming and blow hell out of everything up there..Don't worry about the radio active fallout, they have plenty of peasants to lose..

why worry about a population you can't feed anyway?

Rockntractor
08-31-2011, 01:46 PM
I wish every country on the planet including us had state of the art missile defense.

megimoo
09-03-2011, 07:09 AM
I wish every country on the planet including us had state of the art missile defense.
Not possible unless we built it,Installed it,gave it to them Gratis and manned it with American crews....

Big Guy
09-03-2011, 03:07 PM
China is getting ready for something big. I for one believe that they have an eye toward the U.S., they are probing our cyber defense, military defense and taking an active role in weakening our economy. I have no proof of this, it's just a gut feeling.