PDA

View Full Version : Scott AFB possible victim of bio-terrorism.

djones520
08-31-2011, 12:10 PM
SCOTT AIR FORCE BASE, IL (KTVI-FOX2now.com)— Update from Scott AFB: Any personnel who visited the Post Office today and are exhibiting any abnormal symptoms or skin reactions, report to the corner of Martin and Ward in front of Pronto's Pizza.

A suspicious package found at the Scott Air Force Base post office has sparked a hazmat situation. Authorities on the base say the package in the mail building when three people were taken to an area hospital. 13 others will need to be decontaminated. The base is on standby.

Officials say the mail building along with four to five other building have been closed and evacuated. The education building, bowling alley and two other buildings are closed. A Scott AFB spokesperson said it was unclear if the package was leaking anything or if it was explosive in nature.

Loud speakers on the base are currently sending a warning to personnel on the base to stay clear of the base post office and west side of the base.

Metro is running its normal schedule and not impacted currently. A nearby elementary school is not in session and is not affected.

The O’Fallon, IL Fire Protection District is on stand-by in case extra assistance is needed.

http://www.fox2now.com/news/ktvi-hazmat-emergency-at-scott-air-force-base-20110831,0,7251476.story

Family and I are fine, no skin issues. Will post more as I hear about it.

Edit: On a side note,a lot of the footage they use in the video is of my work place, which ironically would have absolutely nothing to do with this situation. The person their interviewing is a Reserve Weather Forecaster, whose also the weatherman for their channel.

fettpett
08-31-2011, 12:41 PM
good to hear you're alright

noonwitch
08-31-2011, 12:44 PM
I'm glad that you and yours are okay.

Still, it's got to be pretty scary, especially in light of the 10 year anniversary of 9-11.

djones520
08-31-2011, 12:54 PM
I'm glad that you and yours are okay.

Still, it's got to be pretty scary, especially in light of the 10 year anniversary of 9-11.

*shrugs* It's more annoying then anything else. I was expecting a package today. :p

fettpett
08-31-2011, 12:55 PM
*shrugs* It's more annoying then anything else. I was expecting a package today. :p

:eek::eek: just watch for the white powdery stuff :D:D:D

SaintLouieWoman
08-31-2011, 05:15 PM
http://www.fox2now.com/news/ktvi-hazmat-emergency-at-scott-air-force-base-20110831,0,7251476.story

Family and I are fine, no skin issues. Will post more as I hear about it.

Edit: On a side note,a lot of the footage they use in the video is of my work place, which ironically would have absolutely nothing to do with this situation. The person their interviewing is a Reserve Weather Forecaster, whose also the weatherman for their channel.
Glad to hear that you and the family are OK. Brings back memories with the mention of Pronto Pizza. They had a couple of small IT product shows in the small area in that building. Do they still give stamps each time you buy a piece of pizza or sandwich there? I think I threw out the partially punched card I had when I left my company. Should have thought to give it to you.

Isn't that part of the base fairly close to your quarters?

djones520
08-31-2011, 07:18 PM
Glad to hear that you and the family are OK. Brings back memories with the mention of Pronto Pizza. They had a couple of small IT product shows in the small area in that building. Do they still give stamps each time you buy a piece of pizza or sandwich there? I think I threw out the partially punched card I had when I left my company. Should have thought to give it to you.

Isn't that part of the base fairly close to your quarters?

It's roughly a mile and a half from my home. About a quarter of a mile from where I work.

There still seems to be little info about what the package was. I'll probably find out next time I go to work, but I don't know if i'll be able to say.

malloc
08-31-2011, 07:25 PM
I'm glad to you hear you and yours okay. Seriously though, what are you supposed to do after you are dismissed for the day with no freaking bowling alley?

obx
08-31-2011, 07:56 PM
I am glad you are ok, Ody. I hope you and your family stay that way.

SaintLouieWoman
08-31-2011, 09:27 PM
It's roughly a mile and a half from my home. About a quarter of a mile from where I work.

There still seems to be little info about what the package was. I'll probably find out next time I go to work, but I don't know if i'll be able to say.

The guy being interviewed said he probably would able to give limited info. That's way too close to your home. I hope they dial up their security.

BTW, Scott made Fox News tonight.

Odysseus
08-31-2011, 11:19 PM
Scary stuff. Glad to hear that you're okay.

I am glad you are ok, Ody. I hope you and your family stay that way.

He's Jonesy. I'm Ody. :D

Rockntractor
08-31-2011, 11:33 PM
Scary stuff. Glad to hear that you're okay.

He's Jonesy. I'm Ody. :D

You have been so scarce lately we forgot who you were.:confused:

noworries
09-01-2011, 04:11 PM
Glad you and your family is safe

Odysseus
09-01-2011, 10:40 PM
You have been so scarce lately we forgot who you were.:confused:

Unfortunately, I'm going to be scarce for a while. I just got detailed to a task force for the next four months and I won't have the same internet access that I've been used to.

Rockntractor
09-01-2011, 10:48 PM
Unfortunately, I'm going to be scarce for a while. I just got detailed to a task force for the next four months and I won't have the same internet access that I've been used to.

Don't become a stranger!

djones520
09-02-2011, 02:41 AM
Still no word on what the substance was. The FBI is involved in the investigation now though.

The three people sent to the hospital where 2 Postal Workers, and 1 Airman. They exhibited some respiratory and skin issues when they came in contact with the substance.

fettpett
09-02-2011, 08:14 AM

I found out what Ody's doing :eek::eek:

http://www.naturalnews.com/033490_Facebook_infiltration.html

Exposed: Military contractors hired to create fake Facebook accounts, infiltrate opposing groups

Friday, September 02, 2011 by: Jonathan Benson, staff writer

95Share
[Share this Article]

(NaturalNews) A secret campaign to take out groups and organizations that oppose the policies and agendas of the US Chamber of Commerce (USCC) and the US government has been outed, thanks to an archive of private emails obtained by Think Progress. According to reports, USCC hired HBGary, Federal and several other defense contractors to create fake accounts on social media sites like Facebook and Twitter in order to sabotage progressive groups critical of the organization's platform.

Top secret government efforts to thwart opposition are nothing new, especially as they involve social media sites. Julian Assange, founder of WikiLeaks, for instance, recently told Russia Today that Facebook is "the most appalling spying machine ever invented," and that it is routinely used by US Intelligence to illegally collect private information on individuals (http://www.naturalnews.com/032373_F...).

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/033490_Facebook_infiltration.html#ixzz1WnSCvgxb

:D:D:D:D:D man, just got assigned and already you're exposed....jeesh ;)