PDA

View Full Version : N. Korea's Kim may have had stroke

bijou
09-09-2008, 01:23 PM
http://i33.tinypic.com/dwapo2.jpg

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - North Korean leader Kim Jong-il may have had a stroke within the past couple of weeks, a U.S. intelligence official said on Tuesday.

"It does appear that Kim Jong-il has suffered a health setback, potentially a stroke," the official said, speaking on condition of anonymity.

She said there have been no signs of a change in governing power and that assessing whether Kim was still capable of governing would "call for a lot of speculation."

Kim failed to appear at a triumphal military parade on Tuesday celebrating North Korea's 60th birthday.

South Korea's largest daily, the Chosun Ilbo, said Kim, 66 and suspected of suffering from chronic illness, collapsed last month, citing a South Korean diplomatic source in Beijing.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/rtrs/20080909/tpl-uk-korea-north-stroke-81f3b62.html

Rebel Yell
09-09-2008, 01:25 PM
You mean his look alike had a stroke. Japan believes that he died in 2003.

bijou
09-09-2008, 01:46 PM
You mean his look alike had a stroke. Japan believes that he died in 2003.

I saw that story, I guess either his lookalike had a stroke or Kim was in a Leonid Brezhnev state of suspended animation since 2003 or possibly the Japanese were guilty of wishful thinking.

Goldwater
09-09-2008, 02:23 PM
Kim doesn't die, he gets elected President for life alongside his father. They'll be co-Presidents.

Odysseus
09-09-2008, 07:52 PM
Kim doesn't die, he gets elected President for life alongside his father. They'll be co-Presidents.

This will really cut into cognac sales in North Korea.

SarasotaRepub
09-09-2008, 10:00 PM
And the golf courses!!! Fearless Leader always got holes in one whenever he played!
:rolleyes::D

PoliCon
09-10-2008, 12:08 AM
if kim dies - who'll fill the power vacuum?

Goldwater
09-10-2008, 06:54 AM
if kim dies - who'll fill the power vacuum?

One of his sons probably, they are being groomed for it.

PoliCon
09-10-2008, 09:29 AM
One of his sons probably, they are being groomed for it.He has kids?? I thought he was in love with Tom Cruise or something . . .

Odysseus
09-10-2008, 09:38 AM
He has kids?? I thought he was in love with Tom Cruise or something . . .

I guess that means that Suri Cruise will be the new great leader.

linda22003
09-10-2008, 09:40 AM
And the golf courses!!! Fearless Leader always got holes in one whenever he played!
:rolleyes::D

I think "Fearless Leader" was in Rocky and Bullwinkle. Kim Jong Il has been known as "Dear Leader", as his father Kim Il Sung was known as "Great Leader". I rather like the sound of "Dear Leader", so I've been teaching my husband to upgrade me to "Darling Leader". :p

Odysseus
09-10-2008, 10:40 AM
I think "Fearless Leader" was in Rocky and Bullwinkle. Kim Jong Il has been known as "Dear Leader", as his father Kim Il Sung was known as "Great Leader". I rather like the sound of "Dear Leader", so I've been teaching my husband to upgrade me to "Darling Leader". :p

Okay, so when she gets elected in her own right, President Palin can be the "Hot Leader." :D

Sonnabend
09-11-2008, 10:48 AM
Okay, so when she gets elected in her own right, President Palin can be the "Hot Leader

Begging the Majors pardon, I may be able to call her that, you will call her "Madam Vice President, "Hot Leader" ma'am." :D:D

She will be deputy NCA, y'know. :)

Odysseus
09-11-2008, 12:40 PM
Begging the Majors pardon, I may be able to call her that, you will call her "Madam Vice President, "Hot Leader" ma'am." :D:D

She will be deputy NCA, y'know. :)

Actually, she will be the "POTUSILF," but will be addressed as "Madam hotness." :D