PDA

View Full Version : Can a President Truly Become Irrelevant ?

megimoo
09-04-2011, 09:04 PM
When Barack Obama draws criticism from Republicans and conservatives, itís about as much of a breaking news flash as Dog Bites Man. We begin to move into Man Bites Dog territory, however, when a mounting wave of unrest comes from his own left flank Ė a scenario which has not only come to pass, but shifted into a significantly higher gear this past week...... One of his latest detractors is found coming from the sector which would normally contain his biggest cheerleaders..... This just in from Michael Tomasky at the Daily Beast.

More dispiriting news, this time about the White House overturning the EPAís proposed new rules on smog. That comes a few hours after the jobs report from Friday morning, one of the bleakest yet.

And it comes a few days in advance of what everyone expects will be a small-thinking, modest, blah jobs speech by the president...... Itís not only getting to the point where itís getting hard to see him winning reelection....... Itís getting to the point where itís hard to imagine people taking him seriously for the remaining 14 months of his current termÖ

I keep thinking back lately to that candidate and team I watched in 2008. The candidate really had his finger on something. The team almost never made a serious mistake. When a mistake did happen, they did a respectable job of digging their way out of it. They had some fight in them. Well, Iíve learned something new from these folks: Up until now, Iíve thought that running a strong presidential campaign is a sign that one can probably govern fairly well too. But there appears to be little correlation between the two.
http://hotair.com/archives/2011/09/04/can-a-president-truly-become-irrelevant/

http://hotair.com/archives/2011/09/04/can-a-president-truly-become-irrelevant/

Chuck58
09-04-2011, 10:33 PM
At this point, Dear Leader gives me the impression he's a one term failure who will hover in the neighborhood of Jimmy Carter as one of our worst Presidents. I wonder if his ego can handle it once he's thrown out of office.

Speedy
09-04-2011, 10:52 PM
If it is possible, this one is on the way there.

fettpett
09-04-2011, 11:18 PM
it's happened before, can happen again

Chuck58
09-04-2011, 11:57 PM
The guy is a flop, a complete failure. He knows he's failed. He has no ideas, and would have no concept of how to implement ideas if he had any.

He's giving in whenever he's challenged now. I've got to wonder whether he'd pick up his chips and leave the table if a democrat challenges him. He really gives the impression of having lost what interest he had in the job.

fettpett
09-05-2011, 12:14 AM
honestly, I'd say he's been a lame duck since last Nov and it's just no becoming apparent how much of one he is

Chuck58
09-05-2011, 12:27 AM
honestly, I'd say he's been a lame duck since last Nov and it's just no becoming apparent how much of one he is

That's when I think it started. When they lost the House and almost the Senate he seemed to begin losing interest. The fun was gone and he could no longer continue his agenda of destroying America, with pelosi's help. I think she was the real power during those first couple of years. He was the puppet that marched to her tune, since he had no idea what the hell he was doing or was supposed to do. With her losing power, he's even more clueless than before.

megimoo
09-05-2011, 07:41 AM
That's when I think it started. When they lost the House and almost the Senate he seemed to begin losing interest. The fun was gone and he could no longer continue his agenda of destroying America, with pelosi's help. I think she was the real power during those first couple of years. He was the puppet that marched to her tune, since he had no idea what the hell he was doing or was supposed to do. With her losing power, he's even more clueless than before.

Did they really expect the productive portion of the American people to allow a run away Congress to shove ObamaCare up our butts without some reelection consequences ?Perhaps he thinks that we are all sheep and will eventually follow his lead ?.....By giving free reign to those who would bind us in countless environmental rules that inhibit our drilling our own oil and generating electricity he has sealed his reelection doom..

marv
09-05-2011, 10:37 AM
When the question of an irrelevant president is asked, you have to wonder who's running the store.

Again I ask, is anybody keeping an eye on those 30+ czars?

fettpett
09-05-2011, 01:01 PM
When the question of an irrelevant president is asked, you have to wonder who's running the store.

Again I ask, is anybody keeping an eye on those 30+ czars?

nope, and they should all lose their jobs, get rid of them, make them illegal

Chuck58
09-05-2011, 01:51 PM
Did they really expect the productive portion of the American people to allow a run away Congress to shove ObamaCare up our butts without some reelection consequences ?Perhaps he thinks that we are all sheep and will eventually follow his lead ?.....By giving free reign to those who would bind us in countless environmental rules that inhibit our drilling our own oil and generating electricity he has sealed his reelection doom..

My opinion only, I think they felt they had a mandate, although the election win wasn't a mandate by any stretch. I've felt and continue to feel that obama is/was under the impression that he was elected to Rule rather than lead.

Pelosi is just bat s**t crazy and I don't even want to try and look into her mind. What rational person tells people that they have to pass a bill to see what's in it?

Did they think the American people would allow them to do the things they did without consequence? By all appearances, yes they did. Our only salvation was that, even with almost unstoppable majorities in both houses of Congress, they couldn't get it together and do more damage than they did. They beat themselves through incompetent leadership, and thank God for that.

malloc
09-05-2011, 05:37 PM
I'm really hoping Obama's huge ass ego can't take the hit of losing this election. I'd hate to see him on T.V. and in the news as much a Jimmy Carter's incompetent ass is. I hope he fades into obscurity after he loses because he doesn't want to be reminded about how big of failure his ideology actually is. Once adults are back in charge in Washington, I'd hate to see CNN or CBS cut to Carter and Obama for their take on whatever crisis is being responsibly handled by the next Republican President. That much stupid shouldn't be allowed on the same television at the same time.

Chuck58
09-05-2011, 08:35 PM
One bright spot ... after some whining and maybe protesting, in 2013 the Progressives will slither back under whatever rock they came from for another few decades, until obama is long forgotten by history. Seems like we have to go through this every so often to bring real Americans together.

malloc
09-05-2011, 08:45 PM
One bright spot ... after some whining and maybe protesting, in 2013 the Progressives will slither back under whatever rock they came from for another few decades, until obama is long forgotten by history. Seems like we have to go through this every so often to bring real Americans together.

That's because in the "off seasson", we are too busy working and actually producing things. :D