PDA

View Full Version : Rogers County Homeowner Fed Up, Shoots Repeat Intruder In Leg(OK)

megimoo
09-10-2011, 08:29 AM
ROGERS COUNTY, Oklahoma -- A Rogers County homeowner who was awakened by a burglar Friday morning shot the man in the leg. The incident occurred at a rural residence in the area of 145th Street North and U.S. Highway 169...... This is the third time the same suspect has broken into the same house...... Bill Gray, the homeowner, is fed up. The first time, he says the guy took $200 from a piggybank belonging to Bill's grandson and prescription pills. The second time, he says the guy took money from his wife's purse. This time, he was after more prescription...VIDEO....

http://www.newson6.com/story/15428339/rogers-county-homeowner-shoots-burglary-suspect-in-leg
Man allegedly shoots would-be burglar(NV)

A homeowner fired shots early Thursday morning as two men were allegedly trying to burglarize his workshop. Nevada County Sheriff's deputies are working to link that incident to a 19-year-old man who sought treatment about 20 minutes later for a gunshot wound. A man who lives in the 12000 block of Pine Cone Circle, off Brooks Road, called 911 at about 1:35 a.m. Thursday to report a residential burglary in progress, said Sheriff Keith Royal. The homeowner told deputies that he was awakened by noise near his workshop and armed himself before going outside to find the two men trying...
http://www.theunion.com/article/20110909/NEWS/110909794/1007&parentprofile=1053

Homeowner shoots burglar(KS)

An east side homeowner pulled a gun and shot a burglar late Wednesday night, police said. The shooting happened just before 11 p.m. Wednesday at a home located in the 3000 block of East 60th Street, which is near the intersection of East 60th Street and Agnes Avenue. According to police, the burglar was shot in the hand. The burglar was able to leave the scene, but showed up at an area hospital a short time later. His wound was not considered life-threatening.
http://www.kctv5.com/story/15416863/homeowner-shoots-burglar

Novaheart
09-10-2011, 11:25 AM
Some of the responses in the gun forum at DU are stunning. Apparently many people do not get that a burglar is reasonably presumed to be armed and dangerous, regardless of demographics. You also read a lot of that "didn't have to shoot him, could have run from the house" bullshit. What kind of people are these, who don't understand that a burglar in your home is a dangerous criminal, but also violating a core principle of civilization? These people go on and on about imaginary human rights granted to them by some bunch of harpists in Denmark, but completely ignore their right to have private property and defend it in the US Constitution.

I did not go to school with these people. I do not live with these people. I strongly suspect that even when I lived in San Francisco, we considered these people to be highly suspect of being on prescription medication.

PS- has anyone noticed that Rachel Maddow seems to be coming down to earth on some issues?

jediab
09-12-2011, 10:17 AM
PS- has anyone noticed that Rachel Maddow seems to be coming down to earth on some issues?

Not sure. Doesn't a person have to watch MadCow first to even notice? :p

Odysseus
09-12-2011, 11:00 AM
Some of the responses in the gun forum at DU are stunning. Apparently many people do not get that a burglar is reasonably presumed to be armed and dangerous, regardless of demographics. You also read a lot of that "didn't have to shoot him, could have run from the house" bullshit. What kind of people are these, who don't understand that a burglar in your home is a dangerous criminal, but also violating a core principle of civilization? These people go on and on about imaginary human rights granted to them by some bunch of harpists in Denmark, but completely ignore their right to have private property and defend it in the US Constitution.

I did not go to school with these people. I do not live with these people. I strongly suspect that even when I lived in San Francisco, we considered these people to be highly suspect of being on prescription medication.

This is one of your best posts, although I can't comment on Maddow, as I try to avoid MSDNC.