PDA

View Full Version : Florida Republican Women Officially Boycott Oprah

megimoo
09-09-2008, 07:57 PM
Florida Republican Women Officially Boycott Oprah

On September 6, the Florida Federation of Republican Women called for a boycott of the Oprah Winfrey Show based upon Ms. Winfrey’s refusal to have Governor Sarah Palin as a guest on Oprah until after the election, according to Linda Ivell, President of the FFRW. Ms. Ivell said her 58 year old group, the largest political organization in Florida, is also encouraging women to join the grassroots national movement to cancel their subscriptions to O Magazine.

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/4923

Shannon
09-09-2008, 08:10 PM
I haven't watched Oprah in...actually I never watched Oprah. I'm totally in on this boycott thing.:p

Gingersnap
09-09-2008, 08:49 PM
Once she lost the colored contacts, laughable hair, and lesbian twin stories, I moved on.

wilbur
09-09-2008, 08:59 PM
It amazes me people actually give two craps about that woman.

OwlMBA
09-09-2008, 10:11 PM
Q: What is the only thing more lame than watching Oprah?

A: Starting a boycott.

PoliCon
09-09-2008, 11:25 PM

A: Starting a boycott.SOOOO TRUE. If you don't like it - don't watch it. We are not the left that we need to force our beliefs onto others. We are not supposed to be about forcing political correctness onto people.

LibraryLady
09-09-2008, 11:28 PM
She can have anyone she wants on her show and we are free to watch it or not.

PoliCon
09-09-2008, 11:32 PM
She can have anyone she wants on her show and we are free to watch it or not.exactly. well said.

OwlMBA
09-10-2008, 12:00 AM
Ah crap.

I have to boycott toilet paper because Proctor and Gamble advertises on Oprah.

OwlMBA
09-10-2008, 12:01 AM
Oops! I have to boycott electricity too! My power company also advertises on Oprah.

jeskibuff
09-10-2008, 06:24 AM

A: Starting a boycott.I don't see anything wrong with sending a message that you'll take your wallet elsewhere when you disagree with their opinion. CBS probably learned a good lesson with Dan Rather, though they have many more to learn. NBC didn't pull Olbermann and Matthews because of good conscience - I guarantee the bottom line was fear of low ratings. Low ratings are a form of boycott, aren't they?

I have to boycott toilet paper because Proctor and Gamble advertises on Oprah.There are other brands of toilet paper available on the market just as there are other brands of ketchup on the market. I still buy Heinz ketchup because I like it more than the other brands, despite the fact that my money is supporting a horrid woman and her idiot husband. The point is, there ARE alternatives if someone really wants to boycott consumer items. How much financial hurt you can inflict on the goons is questionable unless the collective pain can REALLY be felt. I'm sure US magazine is feeling a bit of pain from their most recent issue because of cancelled subscriptions, and that' a GOOD thing! Maybe they'll think twice next time (but that IS wishful thinking).

Oops! I have to boycott electricity too! My power company also advertises on Oprah.There are some things you CAN control, and others you cannot. You really can't easily switch your supplier on something you need, like electricity.

Overall, I have no problem with consumers expressing their dissatisfaction with a company by taking their dollars elsewhere. I haven't even considered Progressive insurance because I don't want my policy dollars going to them. Although I can't prevent DU lunatics from channeling their money to Soros, at least I can control mine.