PDA

View Full Version : The Years of Shame

MountainMan
09-11-2011, 02:11 PM
Is it just me, or are the 9/11 commemorations oddly subdued?

Actually, I donít think itís me, and itís not really that odd.

What happened after 9/11 ó and I think even people on the right know this, whether they admit it or not ó was deeply shameful. Te atrocity should have been a unifying event, but instead it became a wedge issue. Fake heroes like Bernie Kerik, Rudy Giuliani, and, yes, George W. Bush raced to cash in on the horror. And then the attack was used to justify an unrelated war the neocons wanted to fight, for all the wrong reasons

NYT (http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/09/11/the-years-of-shame/?smid=tw-NytimesKrugman&seid=auto)

And the money quote
The memory of 9/11 has been irrevocably poisoned; it has become an occasion for shame. And in its heart, the nation knows it.

Iím not going to allow comments on this post, for obvious reasons.

I am truly ashamed but not for the same reason Krugman is. Krugman should be ashamed to work for a newspaper that was ONCE great but now resides in the cesspool of leftwing journalism.

I hope everyone emails the NYT and tells them how wrong not only they are but how wrong Krugman is.

He like Michael Moore needs a punch in the nose.

Chuck58
09-11-2011, 02:43 PM
Isn't this the same turd who was positively drooling a couple of weeks ago at the prospect of the 'stimulus' created by the hurricane?