PDA

View Full Version : Decision Points.

Lanie
09-12-2011, 12:48 PM
The first thing I thought when I heard that George W. Bush wrote a book was that I hope his teacher wife edited it for him. lol.

Okay, jokes aside, I was curious and I sat down and read some of it yesterday in Barnes 'n Noble. It was pretty good. Of course, I went straight to Afghanistan and Iraq. I really liked hearing his point of view on things because for years I was like "What is he thinking?" I think he made an actual case for the terrorists believing we're weak because of messages he said was left at times regarding us (how we'd run and so forth). I've never heard anybody actually make a case for that perspective before. While he admitted there weren't stockpiles of WMDs in Iraq, he still made a good case for taking Hussein out. I do still think he made a mistake by saying that it was on Hussein to prove he was innocent of the charges. (Guilty until proven innocent?) I'm no longer as harsh on the US for putting in sanctions because it really couldn't be helped. I do however think we should have taken Hussein out years ago instead of letting it go this far. The sanctions didn't hurt him, just his people. Then he directly hurt his people. Just take the guy out next time. I remember when Robertson suggested we do that years ago and he was looked down upon. I was like "For once, I agree with him." lol.

It's funny. I've taken that long on Bush's book and never started Obama's (despite buying it a long time ago). lol.

Constitutionally Speaking
09-12-2011, 01:03 PM
Good on you Lanie.

I have some MAJOR disagreements with President Bush, but i NEVER questioned his honor or his good intentions.

BTW - How the hell have you been?

Starbuck
09-12-2011, 02:46 PM
So, Lanie, if you have come to that point in Iraq, where do you stand on Libya?

Sonnabend
09-12-2011, 06:48 PM
President Bush has written several books, and Obama didn't write that piece of crap . Ayers did and has admitted it. Sir Golfsalot can't put a coherent sentence together without TOTUS .

noworries
09-12-2011, 08:44 PM
Got his book and read it in about two days he amazes me and shows what a wonderful,caring man one I would one day love to meet.

Hawkgirl
09-12-2011, 08:47 PM
I want to read it some day...I'd also like to pick up Cheney's new book..:vader:

noworries
09-12-2011, 09:08 PM
I want to read it some day...I'd also like to pick up Cheney's new book..:vader:

Just about to download it for my Nook;)

the director
09-12-2011, 09:14 PM

Decision Points is worth the read. It was generally well written, with a few rough areas, but otherwise a very easy read. My favorite chapter is on Africa, easily his biggest and most underrated success story.

Hawkgirl
09-12-2011, 10:18 PM
Just about to download it for my Nook;)

Let me know if you like it....

txradioguy
09-13-2011, 04:06 AM
I'm 2/3rds of the way through the book right now.

Just solidifies my belief that he was the right man for the job at that time.

SaintLouieWoman
09-13-2011, 12:03 PM
I'm 2/3rds of the way through the book right now.

Just solidifies my belief that he was the right man for the job at that time.

He's the rare instance where I wish there weren't term limits. We need him now.

noworries
09-13-2011, 06:10 PM

I agree with you 100% on that

txradioguy
09-14-2011, 12:52 AM

QFT