PDA

View Full Version : Amazing video: Bystanders lift car to save biker

megimoo
09-13-2011, 12:05 PM
A fiery rescue in Utah was caught on tape Monday. A car hit a motorcycle in Logan. The bike slid under the car, trapping the rider under the car as flames burst out. Grad student Chris Garff, who shoots video of lectures and school events for Utah State University, happened to be there when it happened, and began getting the scene on video. Half a dozen people tried the lift the blazing BMW. "We were cheering them on, like 'Get that car up! Get that guy outta there!" Garff says. No luck. Then, a flood of people swarmed the car...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUxPWx4YW20

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/09/13/earlyshow/main20105286.shtml?tag=cbsnewsSectionContent.0

Novaheart
09-13-2011, 12:31 PM
awesome

Bailey
09-13-2011, 12:38 PM
I love how women tried to help but the men pushed them out the way lol

I guess we aren't all equal.

Novaheart
09-13-2011, 12:42 PM

It would have helped if the drivers side door had been closed, too. Monday morning quarterbacking and all.

Novaheart
09-13-2011, 12:43 PM

Put a child under that car and see how many women it takes to move it.

Wei Wu Wei
09-13-2011, 01:44 PM
Just saw this on Megyn Kelly's show. Very cool.

Wei Wu Wei
09-13-2011, 01:47 PM

A century of feminist theory was already destroyed after an arm wrestling match last month.

namvet
09-13-2011, 06:38 PM
police are trying to locate these people to give the recognition they deserve.

Speedy
09-13-2011, 07:05 PM
Just when you think you have lost faith in people, this happens. Big props to the slender woman on the ground locating the biker. Also a big hat tip to the half dozen guys in hard hats (probably a road crew) who rushed to help.

If the rider was conscious, I can only imagine how alone and helpless he felt under there with the fire creeping closer and him too seriously injured to escape, and then all of a sudden a dozen angels are at his rescue.

NJCardFan
09-13-2011, 08:13 PM
Just when you think you have lost faith in people, this happens. Big props to the slender woman on the ground locating the biker. Also a big hat tip to the half dozen guys in hard hats (probably a road crew) who rushed to help.

If the rider was conscious, I can only imagine how alone and helpless he felt under there with the fire creeping closer and him too seriously injured to escape, and then all of a sudden a dozen angels are at his rescue.

But there is no God. :cool:

Bubba Dawg
09-13-2011, 10:06 PM
The video was on the news tonight. Nice.

I looked at it and went, Wow.

I was impressed by the fact that they all got together and figured out a way to help. No prep time. No training. No grand plan.

It was like Oh S**t, we gotta do something. And they did it.

Nice. Seriously.

Speedy
09-14-2011, 12:05 AM
The video was on the news tonight. Nice.

I looked at it and went, Wow.

I was impressed by the fact that they all got together and figured out a way to help. No prep time. No training. No grand plan.

It was like Oh S**t, we gotta do something. And they did it.

Nice. Seriously.

The older gentleman in the green shirt stepped up as a leader. He motioned, "Let's move the car!" and everyone responded.