PDA

View Full Version : Saudi Arabia: The Teflon kingdom

megimoo
09-14-2011, 09:51 AM
Late in the day of Sept. 11 10 years ago, someone asked me who I thought the United States would blame for what had just happened in New York and Washington.....Without thinking about it too much I replied: "They'll attack Afghanistan, but they should bomb Riyadh."

A decade later I don't see much reason to change my off-the-cuff judgment that it is in the Saudi Arabian capital, Riyadh, that the real source of global Islamic radicalism and support for terrorism is to be found.
And it is not just that the Saudi royal family and government have financed and encouraged the worldwide export of their brutally puritanical Wahhabist form of Islam.

Members of the Saudi royal family and government were directly involved in financing and facilitating the 9/11 attacks on the U.S....Three senior royal princes have been named by one of bin Laden's lieutenants as key supporters of al-Qaida and the attacks on New York and Washington.....All three died within one week in July 2002. The implication is that they were put to death by Saudi authorities in an attempt to placate the U.S. administration and minimize damage to relations with American officials.

Details of the Saudi involvement with al-Qaida, bin Laden and 9/11 were first set out by author Gerald Posner in his 2003 book Why America Slept. Many other writers, journalists and filmmakers have added details to the Saudi charge sheet since then.

\http://www.vancouversun.com/news/9-11-anniversary/Saudi+Arabia+Teflon+kingdom/5382190/story.html