PDA

View Full Version : Sri Lanka Buddhist Monks Destroy Muslim shrine on Buddhist land

megimoo
09-15-2011, 07:14 AM
A group of Buddhist monks in Sri Lanka led a crowd that demolished a Muslim shrine last week. This incident took place on Saturday in Anuradhapura, an ancient Buddhist city and Unesco world heritage site.

The monk who led the group told the BBC he did it because the shrine was on land that was given to Sinhalese Buddhists 2,000 years ago

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-14926002

COMMENTS:
Nothing new here,..Muslims have been usurping others religious holy sites for years..

marv
09-15-2011, 09:26 AM
According to Islam, al-ilah (aka Allah) owns everything. Once his "army" conquers something in his name, it belongs to him, and nobody can take it away. That's the way Islam looks at Spain and Jerusalem for example.

I see a good omen here.

noonwitch
09-15-2011, 01:50 PM
According to Islam, al-ilah (aka Allah) owns everything. Once his "army" conquers something in his name, it belongs to him, and nobody can take it away. That's the way Islam looks at Spain and Jerusalem for example.

I see a good omen here.

I know what you are saying, but I would hate to see some kind of backlash directed at the Buddhists. They are peace-loving people.

Bailey
09-15-2011, 02:08 PM
I think all the religions of the world should unite and slaughter all the muslims just to be safe. :tank::won:

Odysseus
09-15-2011, 04:13 PM
I know what you are saying, but I would hate to see some kind of backlash directed at the Buddhists. They are peace-loving people.

Yes, but they are not all pacifists. It would be a serious mistake for someone to assume that the monks of Shaolin, for example, cannot take care of themselves in a fight. Many Buddhists engange in physical conflict as a means of achieving enlightenment, and it is reflected in the martial traditions of the zen archers, the samurai and the various Chinese, Korean, Vietnamese and other East Asian nations. .

lacarnut
09-15-2011, 04:20 PM
The US should have destroyed the mosque's in Iraq that were being used to harbor the enemy and kill American soldiers. Screw their holy places. We should learn from the Buddhists.

Wei Wu Wei
09-15-2011, 04:29 PM
I think all the religions of the world should unite and slaughter all the muslims just to be safe. :tank::won:

I love how Bailey says what most conservatives think but don't have to balls to say.

fettpett
09-15-2011, 05:02 PM
I love how Bailey says what most conservatives think but don't have to balls to say.

honestly find it a stupid bs comment, SM Striling the writer got banned from AlternateHistory.com forums for comments similar (though the owner had it out for him and they are a bunch of libtard asshats over there too)

Bailey
09-15-2011, 05:16 PM
honestly find it a stupid bs comment, SM Striling the writer got banned from AlternateHistory.com forums for comments similar (though the owner had it out for him and they are a bunch of libtard asshats over there too)

Its either us or them...

lacarnut
09-15-2011, 05:31 PM
Its either us or them...

That is how I feel.

fettpett
09-15-2011, 05:33 PM
Its either us or them...

yes, and advocating wholesale genocide of a people based solely on their religion will work wonders:rolleyes:

lacarnut
09-15-2011, 05:41 PM
yes, and advocating wholesale genocide of a people based solely on their religion will work wonders:rolleyes:

If you think that many Muslims would not be happy to see the US overthrown and their religion installed as the law of the land, you are badly informed.

fettpett
09-15-2011, 05:49 PM
If you think that many Muslims would not be happy to see the US overthrown and their religion installed as the law of the land, you are badly informed.

I'm not saying that we shouldn't fight them where and when it is necessary, battlefield, ideas, religion, social and economically. What I'm saying is that that there is no reason to advocate the wholesale slaughter of Muslims based on their religion.

It's happened at lest 2 or 3 times in the last 150 years, (Jew's, Armenians, Kurds). To do it again in defense of Liberty while upholding the Constitution and the First Amendment would be not only disgusting, but a massive slap in the face of the Founding Fathers.

Odysseus
09-15-2011, 06:41 PM
Its either us or them...

And Wei has chosen them.

Wei Wu Wei
09-15-2011, 06:51 PM
:rolleyes:

If you consider being opposed to genocide "choosing them", then yeah I chose them.

marv
09-15-2011, 07:28 PM
I'm not saying that we shouldn't fight them where and when it is necessary, battlefield, ideas, religion, social and economically. What I'm saying is that that there is no reason to advocate the wholesale slaughter of Muslims [/b]based on their religion[/b]

The problem with Islam is that their religion is their law is their government! They're indistinguishable.

fettpett
09-15-2011, 09:43 PM
The problem with Islam is that their religion is their law is their government! They're indistinguishable.

no kidding, I understand that.

but hey, you guys want to advocate destroying 1/5 of the worlds population for no other reason than you don't like the religion, particularly one that is stuck in the 1500's socio-economically, fine. Just remember what happened to the people groups i mentioned above.:vomit:

CueSi
09-15-2011, 09:46 PM

But they can, and will open a can of whoopass if need be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lm_7uOMuIeE

~QC

Rockntractor
09-15-2011, 09:48 PM
no kidding, I understand that.

but hey, you guys want to advocate destroying 1/5 of the worlds population for no other reason than you don't like the religion, particularly one that is stuck in the 1500's socio-economically, fine. Just remember what happened to the people groups i mentioned above.:vomit:

Given the opportunity they would gladly destroy you and your family.

fettpett
09-15-2011, 10:06 PM

well considering I have absolutely no problem with fighting and killing those that want us dead, like bin Laden and Hitler, and their ilk. There is a MASSIVE difference between that and killing their families, innocent men, women and children that want absolutely nothing to do with bin Laden or destroying the West.

the fanatics are evil and should be dealt with.

Rockntractor
09-15-2011, 10:23 PM

Oh I see, you have them divided into fanatics and moderates.
Are the moderates the huge groups of protesters that clog the streets in the middle east protesting against the fanatics every time there is a terrorist attack on the west?

marv
09-15-2011, 10:25 PM
You defeat your enemy by either killing him, or destroying his will to fight. We didn't kill all the Germans, or all the Japanese to end WW2. We just convinced them of the futility to continue by killing enough of them.

The Cold War was ended when the Soviet Union was convinced of the futility of continuing. Yes, the Cold War included casualties in Greece, Northern Italy, Korea, Vietnam, and too many other places to list. But no genocide.

Rockntractor
09-15-2011, 10:28 PM
You defeat your enemy by either killing him, or destroying his will to fight. We didn't kill all the Germans, or all the Japanese to end WW2. We just convinced them of the futility to continue by killing enough of them.

The Cold War was ended when the Soviet Union was convinced of the futility of continuing. Yes, the Cold War included casualties in Greece, Northern Italy, Korea, Vietnam, and too many other places to list. But no genocide.

You are right but we have a generation today that has no understanding of that.

fettpett
09-15-2011, 10:39 PM

reading comprehension is bad tonight, that is exactly what I said.

The bold part is what I have a problem with. It's called genocide.

Odysseus
09-15-2011, 11:50 PM
:rolleyes:

If you consider being opposed to genocide "choosing them", then yeah I chose them.

You're not opposed to genocide. Your heroes were very happy to slaughter people by the tens of millions in pursuit of utopian fantasies, just as the Islamists are. There's no difference between Bin Laden's Islam and Stalin's Marxism. It's all just totalitarian thuggery, and we know which side you come down on.

lacarnut
09-16-2011, 12:53 AM
well considering I have absolutely no problem with fighting and killing those that want us dead, like bin Laden and Hitler, and their ilk. There is a MASSIVE difference between that and killing their families, innocent men, women and children that want absolutely nothing to do with bin Laden or destroying the West.

Kinda hard to pick and choose who is your enemy and who is our friend. The evil and fanatics do not wear uniforms at home and in Iraq and Afghanistan. Are you a mind reader who can tell the difference between the two. Muzzies children in this country are being taught to follow the Koran and to develop a hatred for the infidels. I for one don't want the US to look the other way and become like Britain, France and other EU countries. These maniacs have already declared parts of Detroit a Muzzie zone. Warning all others to stay out. If you do not see this shit coming, you are blind. If I was the Governor of MI, I would call out the National Guard and tear down every one of these fucking signs down, and let these assholes know that they will not take over any section or part of this town. That is how you deal with them. You use force.

fettpett
09-16-2011, 08:55 AM
You're not opposed to genocide. Your heroes were very happy to slaughter people by the tens of millions in pursuit of utopian fantasies, just as the Islamists are. There's no difference between Bin Laden's Islam and Stalin's Marxism. It's all just totalitarian thuggery, and we know which side you come down on.

agreed. Though I would equate them more, ideologically, with Hitler and Fascism, though the brutality that Stalinist Russia had was just as bad, if not worse

Wei Wu Wei
09-16-2011, 11:35 AM

I don't support Stalin's terror either. Do you desperately need to construct strawmen at every turn in order to feel like you are "winning" a made-up argument?

Odysseus
09-16-2011, 04:40 PM
I don't support Stalin's terror either. Do you desperately need to construct strawmen at every turn in order to feel like you are "winning" a made-up argument?

It's not a strawman. Every communist state in history has indulged in mass-murder as a means of control. You are a Marxist, therefore you are a believer in mass-murder. It's not rocket science, Wei.

djones520
09-16-2011, 07:49 PM

Fett lives relatively close to the largest Muslim population in the US. They've never harmed him. Nor Noon who lives right there. Hell my grandparents live literally right across the street from Dearborne. My grandfather has been held up by more black people then Muslims in his life in Detroit(1:0). :rolleyes:

But hey, lets call for the systematic murder of thousands of US Military personnel, and their families. Nothing wrong there. :rolleyes:

SarasotaRepub
09-16-2011, 08:01 PM
Hmmmmmmm...genocide, genocide.

That's not a good thingy and I don't care who you are. :mad::rolleyes:

Rockntractor
09-16-2011, 08:03 PM
Fett lives relatively close to the largest Muslim population in the US. They've never harmed him. Nor Noon who lives right there. Hell my grandparents live literally right across the street from Dearborne. My grandfather has been held up by more black people then Muslims in his life in Detroit(1:0). :rolleyes:

But hey, lets call for the systematic murder of thousands of US Military personnel, and their families. Nothing wrong there. :rolleyes:

Nobody is calling for the murder of thousands of us serviceman, I don't know why I'm even answering an idiotic reply like that.

megimoo
09-16-2011, 08:33 PM
Every generation has it's own collective reality !

Apache
09-16-2011, 09:10 PM
Is it too late to join this thread?

Novaheart
09-16-2011, 09:21 PM
My grandfather has been held up by more black people then Muslims in his life in Detroit(1:0).

I wasn't aware that in Detroit they were mutually exclusive.

But seriously, the being harmless but growing populations seems to be a part of the plan.

Did England, France, Denmark, Holland, Sweden, Norway, Greece, and Italy have the Muslim problems they now have when Muslims were but a few storekeepers who wished you luck in the lottery, and some doctors who wanted the hell out of Hell?

There appears to be a function to the growth of the "peaceful law abiding population" and the rise of the militant population. Moreover, the entire time Sami Al Arian was being defended as an honest immigrant who simply wanted a better life, he was sending aid to Hamas. He was and is not alone.

I have no doubt that many ethnically Moslem people in the US want nothing more than a good life in peace and harmony with American people and culture. But unfortunately, it appears they give cover, comfort, and courage to the rising militancy.

Rockntractor
09-16-2011, 09:30 PM
Is it too late to join this thread?

No it isn't to late. I never advocated genocide, my opinion is that when you fight a war with a people that attacks you , you make them hurt and attack them with all you've got. Forget these rules of engagement where you can't hurt anyone on the other side. If they don't shoot at you you can't shoot at them even when you know they are the enemy, fuck that. To hell with all the surgical strikes and bomb the shit out of them, break their will.
These ten year wars that end up stalemates with us leaving in the middle are wrong.

fettpett
09-16-2011, 09:35 PM
No it isn't to late. I never advocated genocide, my opinion is that when you fight a war with a people that attacks you , you make them hurt and attack them with all you've got. Forget these rules of engagement where you can't hurt anyone on the other side. If they don't shoot at you you can't shoot at them even when you know they are the enemy, fuck that. To hell with all the surgical strikes and bomb the shit out of them, break their will.
These ten year wars that end up stalemates with us leaving in the middle are wrong.

yet you didn't disapprove of Bailey's post, which did. THAT was the point I was trying to get across. I agree that we should fight to win, period. end of story. But not to wipe out a people based solely on their religion.

Rockntractor
09-16-2011, 09:37 PM
yet you didn't disapprove of Bailey's post, which did. THAT was the point I was trying to get across. I agree that we should fight to win, period. end of story. But not to wipe out a people based solely on their religion.

Have you ever heard of hyperbole.

fettpett
09-16-2011, 09:39 PM
Have you ever heard of hyperbole.

:rolleyes::rolleyes: yes, that was SUCH an exaggeration...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Rockntractor
09-16-2011, 09:42 PM
:rolleyes::rolleyes: yes, that was SUCH an exaggeration...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

You have the mind of a child.

This was the week of 9-11, for several days we have watched footage of thousands of our countrymen who died at the hand of Islam and all you can do is defend them.
They can defend themselves. I don't have time for you, you disgust me.

fettpett
09-16-2011, 09:43 PM

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

k dude, w/e

ever heard of sarcasm?

fettpett
09-16-2011, 10:39 PM

This was the week of 9-11, for several days we have watched footage of thousands of our countrymen who died at the hand of Islam and all you can do is defend them.
They can defend themselves. I don't have time for you, you disgust me.

where did I defend Islam and the men who carried it out? I am calling out advocating genocide against an entire people, plan and simple.

Rockntractor
09-16-2011, 11:16 PM
where did I defend Islam and the men who carried it out? I am calling out advocating genocide against an entire people, plan and simple.

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/Achmed.jpg

fettpett
09-17-2011, 09:23 AM
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/Achmed.jpg

HA!

marv
09-17-2011, 10:01 AM
Just a bit of history......

During WW1, my maternal Grandmother and Grandfather literally went into hiding. They were immigrants from Prussia. Germans did perform various acts of sabotage in shipping ports and warehouses on the East coast, notably in Nova Scotia, Boston, Baltimore and NYC.

Again, during WW2, Grandma, now a widow, kept a very low profile. Also, the Nisei, or American born Japanese, were put in camps. The reason being that you can't know what someone else is thinking or planning. The spy that provided the berthing information to the Japanese military was a Nisei. There were Nisei spies working at the Boeing plant in Washington state, which is why the B-29 was built at a new plant in Wichita, Kansas.

Muslim communities are very close-knit, and reluctant to expose one of their own who might have more radical tendencies. They provide a haven for terrorists.

The problem is what do you do to uncover those among us who want to do us harm without harming the innocent without reading the mind?

Novaheart
09-17-2011, 01:12 PM

During WW1, my maternal Grandmother and Grandfather literally went into hiding. They were immigrants from Prussia. Germans did perform various acts of sabotage in shipping ports and warehouses on the East coast, notably in Nova Scotia, Boston, Baltimore and NYC.

Again, during WW2, Grandma, now a widow, kept a very low profile. Also, the Nisei, or American born Japanese, were put in camps. The reason being that you can't know what someone else is thinking or planning. The spy that provided the berthing information to the Japanese military was a Nisei. There were Nisei spies working at the Boeing plant in Washington state, which is why the B-29 was built at a new plant in Wichita, Kansas.

Muslim communities are very close-knit, and reluctant to expose one of their own who might have more radical tendencies. They provide a haven for terrorists.

The problem is what do you do to uncover those among us who want to do us harm without harming the innocent without reading the mind?

good post

megimoo
09-17-2011, 03:09 PM

Both the German and Japanese were eager to be accepted as Americans while maintaining a good portion of their native heritage..Muslims, by enlarge, have little interest in becoming Americans by culture .They, after a time, when their numbers grow large enough,demand a Muslim system of law and culture.

They choose not to assimilate into the American way of life but demand an equal but different culture while living on American soil,a separate country within a country,as it were......Wahhabism is the dominant form of Islam in Saudi Arabia. It has developed considerable influence in the Muslim world in part through Saudi funding of mosques, schools and social programs.

Most of the Mosques in America have been financed by Saudi America and they provide most of the Wahabi Imam.The Wahabi practice an austere flavor of Islam and once ensconced in a Mosque most set out to castigate the more benign believers as crusader heretics.They rail against the sins of the American way of life and demand a return to pure Islam as was thought to be practiced in the sixth century by Mohammed .The develop a cadre of Militant followers who in turn visit other Mosques and ferment unrest..

They preach pure Islam as they see it following "Sheikh ul-Islam"..Salafism has become associated with literalist and puritanical approaches to Islamic theology..... In the West the term Salafi has become particularly associated with the small minority of Muslims that espouse violent jihad against civilians as a legitimate expression of Islam, the so-called Salafi Jihadis..

Jihadis has been corrupted by the militant Wahabi Immam from striving for self improvement to an all out war against the evil West.......Understanding what the Saudi Arabian Wahabi/Salafi brand of Islam is planing is imperative for the survival of America....