PDA

View Full Version : She's At It Again,...Mickie D's is Next...

megimoo
09-15-2011, 07:08 PM
Fries with that? Now You'll need Parents' Permission as Michelle Obama unveils PG-rated meals at Olive Garden and Red Lobster

Not content with going after the nation's children, its grocery stores, the food pyramid and McDonalds, Michelle Obama is now going after the country's most beloved restaurant chains. Olive Garden, Red Lobster and its sister restaurants have pledged to serve healthier meals by cutting calories and sodium in its meals by 20 per cent over a decade. And if the little ones desire some French fries they will only be able to do so with adult supervision. Among promised changes for children, Darden Restaurants Inc said a fruit or vegetable side and low-fat milk will become

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2037955/Shes-Michelle-Obama-goes-restaurant-chains-Olive-Garden-Red-Lobster-pledge-healthier-menus.html

lacarnut
09-15-2011, 07:18 PM
Stupid ugly bitch should practice what she preaches. Stuffing her face with a fat burger is rather hypocritical if you ask me.

megimoo
09-15-2011, 07:21 PM
Stupid ugly bitch should practice what she preaches. Stuffing her face with a fat burger is rather hypocritical if you ask me.But,But She's the first Wookiee...:D

Novaheart
09-15-2011, 07:26 PM
And if the little ones desire some French fries they will only be able to do so with adult supervision. Among promised changes for children, Darden Restaurants Inc said a fruit or vegetable side and low-fat milk will become

That's how stupid this can get,

A small order of fries at McDonald's has 209 calories, 10 grams of fat of which 2gm is saturated, zero cholesterol, and 134 mg sodium.

A "vegetable side" could be almost anything vegetable, including a side of KFC mashed potatoes , which has 120 calories, 6 grams of fat (1 gm saturated) , 1 gram cholesterol , and 400mg sodium.

A low fat milk has 138 calories, 20 mg cholesterol, 5 gm fat of which 3 gm is saturated, 145 mg sodium.

lacarnut
09-15-2011, 07:42 PM
But,But She's the first Wookiee...:D

With that mouth and choppers like hers, she could inhale a double whopper in one bite. She needs to go on a diet to reduce that poundage on herself. Plus, her oldest daughter is chunky also. These elitist liberals motto is "do as I say, not as I do".

fettpett
09-15-2011, 10:55 PM
when was the last time you saw a kid go into Red Lobster or Olive Garden without an adult? This is just stupidity.

SaintLouieWoman
09-15-2011, 11:11 PM
when was the last time you saw a kid go into Red Lobster or Olive Garden without an adult? This is just stupidity.
It's the old form over substance. The libs are very good at it. :rolleyes:

Chuck58
09-15-2011, 11:27 PM
Darden's is one of the companies granted a waiver on obamacare, unless I'm thinking of something else. Is this the thank you for receiving the waiver?

txradioguy
09-16-2011, 03:45 AM
The upside to all of this is that in about a year she'll be gone and the restraunt chains will forget about any promises they made to her.

noonwitch
09-16-2011, 08:55 AM
I don't see any big deal with this. Restaurants are voluntarily providing healthier food on their children's menus. The First Lady supports this. No federal laws were put in place to enforce this, a company decided to do it.

It's hardly the end of anyone's freedom to eat unhealthy crap in the USA, except children, who have the rights given to them by their parents regardless of the restaurant's policy.

txradioguy
09-16-2011, 09:12 AM
I don't see any big deal with this. Restaurants are voluntarily providing healthier food on their children's menus. The First Lady supports this. No federal laws were put in place to enforce this, a company decided to do it.

It's hardly the end of anyone's freedom to eat unhealthy crap in the USA, except children, who have the rights given to them by their parents regardless of the restaurant's policy.

Really? You think the restraunts are actually making these changes voluntarily?

:rolleyes:

To use an Army term...they were Volun-told to make the changes.

noonwitch
09-16-2011, 11:00 AM
Really? You think the restraunts are actually making these changes voluntarily?

:rolleyes:

To use an Army term...they were Volun-told to make the changes.

I haven't seen any proposed legal consequences for them if they don't make the changes. I don't see a law being passed or an executive order that bans upscale fast food restaurants from including french fries with every meal on their children's menus. The restaurants are still offering the disputed items, they are just not including them automatically with their children's meals. It's like how adults are offered their choice of fries or a baked potato, they just aren't automatically defaulting to french fries with kids anymore.

But I know, Michelle is worse than Hitler for this.

Wei Wu Wei
09-16-2011, 11:46 AM

the big deal?

1. It's the Obamas hisssss hissss

Wei Wu Wei
09-16-2011, 11:52 AM
This demonstrates something about the mentality of the right, the level of thought goes:

If a liberal supports it, it must be bad.
If a Democrat supports it, I must be opposed to it.
If one of the Obama's supports it, it's jihad against MY FREEDOM.

That's it. They wrap it up in fancy rhetoric and talking points copied directly from radio pundits, so it sounds like they are saying more, but when you get to the substance it's really just those three points.

Conservatives have been rallying against Michelle Obama's "get kids healthy" initiative since the start, as if it were a ban on bibles. Concerning this McDonalds thing: Rush has been talking about this, Hannity has talked about this, It's been mentioned on air on Fox News multiple times.

If they are going to oppose a company voluntarily changing the policy to give kids fruit and veggies first, unless their parents request otherwise, just imagine how reasonable they would be on more important issues like economic reform or actual legislation.

lacarnut
09-16-2011, 12:32 PM
This demonstrates something about the mentality of the right, the level of thought goes:

If a liberal supports it, it must be bad.
If a Democrat supports it, I must be opposed to it.
If one of the Obama's supports it, it's jihad against MY FREEDOM.

Tell that to the many Big 3 auto dealerships that were put out of business because their only sin was to be a supporter of Republicans. If these restaurants do not abide by first wookie's request, they will be harassed. You have to be one dumb ass to see that this administration and liberals have a heavy hand on gaining control over every facet of our lives. Telling us what what to eat is just another step. Telling us what to drive is another step. Telling us to join a union is another. Telling us that oil is evil is another. Telling us that government is the answer to job growth is another. Telling us that socialized meds is another.

Wei Wu Wei
09-16-2011, 12:42 PM
Tell that to the many Big 3 auto dealerships that were put out of business because their only sin was to be a supporter of Republicans. If these restaurants do not abide by first wookie's request, they will be harassed. You have to be one dumb ass to see that this administration and liberals have a heavy hand on gaining control over every facet of our lives. Telling us what what to eat is just another step. Telling us what to drive is another step. Telling us to join a union is another. Telling us that oil is evil is another. Telling us that government is the answer to job growth is another. Telling us that socialized meds is another.

Okay you seem to be focused on power consolidation.

Let me ask a simple question: How much power comes with wealth?

lacarnut
09-16-2011, 01:41 PM
Okay you seem to be focused on power consolidation.

Let me ask a simple question: How much power comes with wealth?

All politicians focus on power. It is just that liberals/democrats want more power over our lives. They think that government knows best and that we are too stupid to make our own decisions. Such as removing salt from our diet and the first wookie with her stupidity about eating. Like I said she should practice what she preaches. This crap about do as I say but not as I do makes her and politicians hypocrites.

You do not have to be wealthy to have power. For example, a homeowners association telling what color they can paint their house or how about the city closing down a kids lemonade stand is a typical individual who is not wealthy that may be on a power trip.

Most wealthy people have no interest in power. As a golf pro for 10 years, most of the wealthy members I encountered had absolutely no interest in power. A few of them were assholes and tried to throw their weight around and get on the board of directors. The majority of them were out there to have a good time. Now if you are talking about politicians, we are talking about a horse of a different color. Evidently, you have not been around a lot of rich people. In conclusion, what good is your so called power if you do not use it???????????????????????????

Novaheart
09-16-2011, 02:06 PM
As someone who needs to know what he is eating, I look forward to the day when restaurant menus have detailed (more than just calories, fat, and sodium) portion, ingredient, and nutritional information.

Nutritional information is a minute expense to industry. You pay a dietician to analyze your menu items and ingredients, and the corporate dietician can take it from there. Printing costs are minimal and probably don't compare to some of the superfluous bullshit that restaurants print and post in their stores just so it looks like the little boys in advertising are actually doing something.

I have found from my present condition and restrictions, that knowing what is in what I eat allows me to eat more and different things than if I simply operated on a "forbidden foods" list. I have stopped going to kidney health/disease forums because they are infested with the professional sufferers who live in the drama of "forbidden foods" and apparently enjoy complaining about their restrictions. Because I have been studying the contents of foods and weighing what I eat, I am "allowed" to have virtually all of the "forbidden foods" that the invisible people on the forums miss so loudly. No, I can't have an entire pizza, but I can have a slice or two if I plan ahead and don't use up my potassium alotment earlier in the day.

Deprivation is not where it's at. In diet, knowledge and planning can prevent deprivation. Making restaurant menus more relevant and informative will actually open up restaurants to people who would otherwise write it off due to medical or dietary concerns.

lacarnut
09-16-2011, 02:27 PM
As someone who needs to know what he is eating, I look forward to the day when restaurant menus have detailed (more than just calories, fat, and sodium) portion, ingredient, and nutritional information.

Nutritional information is a minute expense to industry. You pay a dietician to analyze your menu items and ingredients, and the corporate dietician can take it from there. Printing costs are minimal and probably don't compare to some of the superfluous bullshit that restaurants print and post in their stores just so it looks like the little boys in advertising are actually doing something.

I have found from my present condition and restrictions, that knowing what is in what I eat allows me to eat more and different things than if I simply operated on a "forbidden foods" list. I have stopped going to kidney health/disease forums because they are infested with the professional sufferers who live in the drama of "forbidden foods" and apparently enjoy complaining about their restrictions. Because I have been studying the contents of foods and weighing what I eat, I am "allowed" to have virtually all of the "forbidden foods" that the invisible people on the forums miss so loudly. No, I can't have an entire pizza, but I can have a slice or two if I plan ahead and don't use up my potassium alotment earlier in the day.

Deprivation is not where it's at. In diet, knowledge and planning can prevent deprivation. Making restaurant menus more relevant and informative will actually open up restaurants to people who would otherwise write it off due to medical or dietary concerns.

I don't want the government telling me what is the best toilet paper to use after I take a shit nor do I want them dictating how many calories at a restaurant. Most people do not eat out on a daily or weekly basis. So, you and first wookie can fuck off. She is fat and your diseased. That is you'll problems. I don't want them telling me what light bulb I can use, what kind of car I should drive and a host of other stupid shit the government is trying to impose on me.

Novaheart
09-16-2011, 02:44 PM
I don't want the government telling me what is the best toilet paper to use after I take a shit nor do I want them dictating how many calories at a restaurant. Most people do not eat out on a daily or weekly basis. So, you and first wookie can fuck off. She is fat and your diseased. That is you'll problems. I don't want them telling me what light bulb I can use, what kind of car I should drive and a host of other stupid shit the government is trying to impose on me.

You and Monica Crowley appear to have a comprehension disorder. Requiring restaurants to make nutritional information on their products easily accessible to the consumer is not forcing you to eat or not eat anything.

Your complete lack of decency is noted once again, as Michele Obama's physique and certainly Malia's physique is not outside the range of normal and even if it were, then your personal remarks about these women's bodies are uncalled for. Grow up you government dependent pathetic old fart.

lacarnut
09-16-2011, 03:05 PM
You and Monica Crowley appear to have a comprehension disorder. Requiring restaurants to make nutritional information on their products easily accessible to the consumer is not forcing you to eat or not eat anything.

Your complete lack of decency is noted once again, as Michele Obama's physique and certainly Malia's physique is not outside the range of normal and even if it were, then your personal remarks about these women's bodies are uncalled for. Grow up you government dependent pathetic old fart.

I don't want the added cost of the stupid nutritional information on restaurant food to appear on my bill. Like I said, most people eat at restaurants on an occasional basis. Every time the government puts a new regulation on a restaurant, the cost goes up. I know you are too stupid to understand how this works.

When first wookie is front and center on this issue of eating, she puts herself in a position of being critiqued. She is overweight and so is her oldest daughter. Pot calling the kettle black does not get it with me.

It makes my day when you get pissed about my government checks. Got my SS check Wed. and looking forward to the 1st of the month for my retirement check. I forgot about the $6,000 free hearing aids at the VA. Life is good for this old fart plus unlike you I don't have any medical problems or diseases. :D:D:D

noonwitch
09-16-2011, 03:51 PM
I don't want the added cost of the stupid nutritional information on restaurant food to appear on my bill. Like I said, most people eat at restaurants on an occasional basis. Every time the government puts a new regulation on a restaurant, the cost goes up. I know you are too stupid to understand how this works.

When first wookie is front and center on this issue of eating, she puts herself in a position of being critiqued. She is overweight and so is her oldest daughter. Pot calling the kettle black does not get it with me.

It makes my day when you get pissed about my government checks. Got my SS check Wed. and looking forward to the 1st of the month for my retirement check. I forgot about the $6,000 free hearing aids at the VA. Life is good for this old fart plus unlike you I don't have any medical problems or diseases. :D:D:D

Despite our disagreements on issues, I'm glad that life is good to you.

But I wish I was as fat as Michelle Obama. I've got about 25 lbs to lose still to be that fat.

michaelsean
09-16-2011, 04:47 PM

Congrats on your willpower to eat one or two slices because that's harder for me than eating none. (Probably why I had to quit drinking 20 years ago.) Thankfully my only eating restrictions are trying not to be eligible for the Biggest Loser so I go to the gym daily and can pig out on pizza or whatever from time to time.

AmPat
09-16-2011, 07:50 PM

You're right; we'll vote with our forks.

My bet is they are giving a forced nod to the O Blah Blah's and big Nanny State because they sold out and accepted waivers to O Blah Blah's Nanny Care.

lacarnut
09-16-2011, 09:13 PM
Despite our disagreements on issues, I'm glad that life is good to you.

But I wish I was as fat as Michelle Obama. I've got about 25 lbs to lose still to be that fat.

Thank you and I wish the same for you.

I need to lose a bunch of weight but I do not want the government meddling in what I eat. Over regulations on restaurants make the price of food go up.

Novaheart
09-16-2011, 09:32 PM
unlike you I don't have any medical problems or diseases.

I need to lose a bunch of weight ......

These two statements are in conflict.

Obesity is a medical problem in and of itself, and it generates other medical problems. The fact that you may not acknowledge the problem or endeavor to remedy is does not make it go away.

What's your sodium intake per day, Gramps?

lacarnut
09-16-2011, 11:37 PM
These two statements are in conflict.

Obesity is a medical problem in and of itself, and it generates other medical problems. The fact that you may not acknowledge the problem or endeavor to remedy is does not make it go away.

What's your sodium intake per day, Gramps?

I don't know and don't give a shit. Unlike you, I do not monitor my nutrition. I eat what I want. My Gramps lived to be 89; my dad one week short of 99 and both were overweight. Looks like their obesity was not a medical problem for them and not for me. So your statement is incorrect in my case. Plus, I take zero medication on a daily basis. Not even vitamins.

Here is a tip for you. Your health is greatly correlated to your mental condition including the happiness factor. You should take note cause most liberals that I see are unhappy and whine all the time. Conversely, I find conservatives a pleasure to be around because of their outlook on life.