PDA

View Full Version : New Ad Hits Obama for Supporting 'Sex Ed for Kindergartners'...

Perilloux
09-10-2008, 06:49 AM
New Ad Hits Obama for Supporting 'Sex Ed for Kindergartners'...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVLQhRiEXZs

LogansPapa
09-10-2008, 09:41 AM
So this "sexual education" had nothing to do with telling the youngsters how to avoid sexual predators? :rolleyes:

GrumpyOldLady
09-10-2008, 10:21 AM
Sex education is NOT the same as health and safety.
That would be the class that preditors would be discussed in.
Not in Sex Ed.
Those are two totally different classes.

Eyelids
09-10-2008, 11:42 AM
So this "sexual education" had nothing to do with telling the youngsters how to avoid sexual predators? :rolleyes:

Thats pretty much what it is, I'm kinda from Hyde Park so I would know.

LogansPapa
09-10-2008, 12:10 PM
Campaign spokesman Robert Gibbs told CBS News the legislation Obama supported provided information to children on what to watch for when with an adult they don't know, such as inappropriate advances or touching.

“It is shameful and downright perverse for the McCain campaign to use a bill that was written to protect young children from sexual predators as a recycled and discredited political attack against a father of two young girls – a position that his friend Mitt Romney also holds," Obama campaign spokesman Bill Burton said in a statement. "Last week, John McCain told Time magazine he couldn’t define what honor was. Now we know why."

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/09/09/politics/horserace/printable4433099.shtml

:rolleyes:

Rebel Yell
09-10-2008, 12:16 PM
Campaign spokesman Robert Gibbs told CBS News the legislation Obama supported provided information to children on what to watch for when with an adult they don't know, such as inappropriate advances or touching.

“It is shameful and downright perverse for the McCain campaign to use a bill that was written to protect young children from sexual predators as a recycled and discredited political attack against a father of two young girls – a position that his friend Mitt Romney also holds," Obama campaign spokesman Bill Burton said in a statement. "Last week, John McCain told Time magazine he couldn’t define what honor was. Now we know why."

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2008/09/09/politics/horserace/printable4433099.shtml

:rolleyes:

I don't know if I'd go that far.

It's really sad when we even have to discuss whether we need to warn children about adults that want to fuck them.

LogansPapa
09-10-2008, 12:27 PM
It's really sad when we even have to discuss whether we need to warn children about adults that want to fuck them.

And that sad fact has nothing to do with the Presidential or VP candidates presently, no?

Rebel Yell
09-10-2008, 12:29 PM
And that sad fact has nothing to do with the Presidential or VP candidates presently, no?

I'm firm believer in teaching Good Touch, Bad Touch. Just don't get too explicit with it.

LogansPapa
09-10-2008, 12:31 PM
I'm firm believer in teaching Good Touch, Bad Touch. Just don't get too explicit with it.

Agreed. But I believe the issue here is whether anything should be taught regarding that vile reality.

Eyelids
09-10-2008, 12:32 PM
It sucks we have to defend against it, but these people are definitely out there. It'd be much worse to not tell kids what to watch out for than to warn them.

Shannon
09-10-2008, 01:38 PM
The ad might be a bit misleading but I don't like to give teachers any more power over discussing sex of any kind with my kid.

LibraryLady
09-10-2008, 01:45 PM
Here is the bill, from the Illinois General Assembly’s website:

Full Text of SB0099

093_SB0099 LRB093 05269 NHT 05359 b

AN ACT concerning education.

Be it enacted by the People of the State of Illinois, represented in the General Assembly:

Section 5. The School Code is amended by changing Sections 27-9.1 and 27-9.2 as follows:

(105 ILCS 5/27-9.1) (from Ch. 122, par. 27-9.1) Sec. 27-9.1. Sex Education.

(a) No pupil shall be required to take or participate in any class or course in comprehensive sex education if the pupil’s his parent or guardian submits written objection thereto, and refusal to take or participate in such course or program shall not be reason for suspension or expulsion of such pupil. Each class or course in comprehensive sex education offered in any of grades K 6 through 12 shall include instruction on the prevention of sexually transmitted infections, including the prevention, transmission and spread of HIV AIDS. Nothing in this Section prohibits instruction in sanitation, hygiene or traditional courses in biology. (b) All public elementary, junior high, and senior high school classes that teach sex education and discuss sexual activity or behavior intercourse shall emphasize that abstinence is an effective method of preventing unintended is the expected norm in that abstinence from sexual intercourse is the only protection that is 100% effective against unwanted teenage pregnancy, sexually transmitted diseases, and HIV acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS) when transmitted sexually.

(Click to enlarge)

Note that the crossed out language was dropped from the bill and the underlined words were added.

So this bill specifically amended the school code to change sex education from including sixth grade through twelfth grade — to including kindergartners.

(The other emendations are pretty telling, too.)

So, no, Mr. Obama has no grounds for complaint.

Though we sure do.

Sweetness (http://sweetness-light.com/archive/obama-voted-for-sex-ed-for-kindergartners) and Light has more info

PoliCon
09-10-2008, 05:57 PM
It sucks we have to defend against it, but these people are definitely out there. It'd be much worse to not tell kids what to watch out for than to warn them. If your dem buddies were more interested in victims than they are in making new victims - they would lock these SOB's up and never EVER let them see the light of day again. THAT's how you protect kids from predators. Not sex ed.