PDA

View Full Version : Sarah has a copyright on the word "Lipstick?"

LogansPapa
09-10-2008, 09:44 AM
So Obama called her a pig? Is this really an issue folks? :rolleyes:

LogansPapa
09-10-2008, 09:47 AM
Suddenly, McCain/Obama battle over lipstick -- Porky's or Palin's

Oh, boy! Or girl! For a presidential race where three of the four major candidates are of the male persuasion, they're spending an awful lot of time talking about lipstick.

Another measure perhaps of how the addition of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin to the political mix in the Republican's No. 2 spot has shaken things up on both sides in just 12 days.

New polls out Monday revealed a 20-point swing in support of white women away from the Barack Obama-Joe Biden Democratic ticket over toward the John McCain-Palin package, attributed largely to the blast of fresh air and down-to-earthness brought by the surprise presence of the 44-year-old reform governor and mother of five.

Today, Obama walked into some Republican machine-gun fire when he appeared to echo Palin's lipstick line from her widely viewed and quoted convention speech last week

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washington/2008/09/sarah-palin-oba.html

Rebel Yell
09-10-2008, 09:48 AM

Call Shannon a pig and see if it's an issue.

LibraryLady
09-10-2008, 09:49 AM
I think it is.

Obama either is too stupid to be President if he didn't realize how this would be perceived or he is too vicious. Look at him put his hand to his head before he said it - he is deciding if he wants to go there, and he does.
The audience knows exactly what he meant.

And no comparison to the McCain/Hillary story. He was talking about her program.

Look at the Hillary forum - they are LIVID.
http://www.hillaryclintonforum.net/discussion/showthread.php?t=28812

LogansPapa
09-10-2008, 09:52 AM
[SIZE="3"]I think it is.

I think he put a shiny new lure out behind his boat and the RNC ran right up and bit it.:D

Lager
09-10-2008, 09:52 AM

It's not an important issue. But it's an issue. Obama talks alot about rising above that kind of stuff. Come to think of it, those who post here that appear to support him, haven't talked about real issues yet. It's all about Palin's 17 year old daughter, etc.

LibraryLady
09-10-2008, 10:01 AM
Zer-0 is about to address the subject so Axelrod must be taking it seriously.

Rebel Yell
09-10-2008, 10:03 AM
Suppose McCain said something to this effect.....

"You know, with all this talk about change coming from Obama, I bet Biden is very uncomfortable. Here he is, an old school politician having to burn alot of bridges with his old cronies. I bet you behind closed doors, he's sweating like a slave."

How exactly would that go over?

jinxmchue
09-10-2008, 10:10 AM

Consider if Republicans had called Hillary a pig, asswipe. It would be an issue then and covered extensively by Obamessiah worshipers like Queef Slobbermann.

GrumpyOldLady
09-10-2008, 10:13 AM
He knew EXACTLY what he was doing.

He played the crowd with the words .. and they knew exactly what he was doing as well.

This is the same crap Obama pulled on Hillary.

The gang slang. The gang hand symbols.

The brushing off the shoulders.

GIVING HILLARY THE FINGER and having the crowd explode in glee.

THIS IS THE SAME EXACT THING. He absolutely knew what he was doing.

And it's just as disgusting now, when it's aimed at Govenor Palin, as it was when that sexist-racist pig Obama aimed it at Senator Hillary Clinton. He's vile.

LibraryLady
09-10-2008, 10:15 AM
Ah, “Lipstick On Your Collar.”

Connie Francis will be 70 in December.

Connie Francis is still hot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVzCGW_atLY

When he picked her for vee pee
Obama just laughed
Reporters said who is she?
Said it was a gaffe

She turned into a pit bull
And a beauty queen
Mack came back
And man, oh man
This is what I seen:

Lipstick on Obama
Sarah knocked him down
Lipstick on Obama
He looks like a clown

Bet your bottom dollar
Democrats are through
‘Cause lipstick on Obama
Told a tale on you, yeah

[Instrumental Interlude]

He said she was just a pig
Made me stop and think
All those people under the bus
Beginning to stink

Who walked in but Joe Biden
Hairplugs all a mess
Will he dump Barack Obama?
Guess the answer’s yes

Lipstick on Obama
Sarah knocked him down
Lipstick on Obama
He looks like a clown

Bet your bottom dollar
Democrats are through
‘Cause lipstick on Obama
Told a tale on you, yeah

Lager
09-10-2008, 10:16 AM
Here's one to consider. Let's say McCain wants to give a little shout out to the extemists that he knows are in the party. There's always some in every party. He's talking about how Obama's policies are the same, failed policies of the left. Suppose he then makes the statement, : "So, let's call a spade, a spade...."

Now that's a harmless expression that goes way back too. But how does anyone here think that would go over in the media, and in the rabid lib blogs?

LibraryLady
09-10-2008, 10:17 AM
Rebel and Lager, how could you? That's the pot calling the kettle black!!:D:D

LogansPapa
09-10-2008, 10:17 AM
Well, at least GrumpyOL gets it. ;)

linda22003
09-10-2008, 10:19 AM
Suppose he then makes the statement, : "So, let's call a spade, a spade...."
Now that's a harmless expression that goes way back too. But how does anyone here think that would go over in the media, and in the rabid lib blogs?

At this late date, I wonder how many people would even recognize the word "spade" used in that context.

Gingersnap
09-10-2008, 10:19 AM
I have to say that I believe Obama simply didn't think this one through. He was obviously stung in some way by Palin's lipstick/pit bull comment about assertive Moms and he was trying to interject a little folksy put down of her into his remarks.

Unfortunately, Obama is not a folksy guy or he would have realized that his reference is always perceived as highly insulting. It's frankly more so when directed at a woman. That his audience roared with approval shows how this remark will be perceived by most people. He may have been genuinely thoughtless but they took it as a calculated backhand against Palin both on class and gender fronts.

Lager
09-10-2008, 10:21 AM
At this late date, I wonder how many people would even recognize the word "spade" used in that context.

Believe me, they would. I remember issues over the word, "niggardly". Illiteracy knows no bounds.

GrumpyOldLady
09-10-2008, 10:26 AM
Well, at least GrumpyOL gets it. ;)
:D Sometimes I get it right.

Seriously. He pulled this crap with Hillary. He's pulling it with Govenor Palin.
Next thing you know, he'll be calling her 'sweetie'. :rolleyes:

The dems made a big mistake picking this guy over Hillary. BIG mistake.

GrumpyOldLady
09-10-2008, 10:27 AM

Angry-black-victim, yet educated for free on our tax money at Harvard, MICHELLE OBAMA.
That's at least one person who would.

d_va
09-10-2008, 10:30 AM
He knew EXACTLY what he was doing.

He played the crowd with the words .. and they knew exactly what he was doing as well.

This is the same crap Obama pulled on Hillary.

The gang slang. The gang hand symbols.

The brushing off the shoulders.

GIVING HILLARY THE FINGER and having the crowd explode in glee.

THIS IS THE SAME EXACT THING. He absolutely knew what he was doing.

And it's just as disgusting now, when it's aimed at Govenor Palin, as it was when that sexist-racist pig Obama aimed it at Senator Hillary Clinton. He's vile.

All one has to do is watch the audience reaction to his PIG comment. Definitely attacking Palin :mad:

SaintLouieWoman
09-10-2008, 10:32 AM
I think he put a shiny new lure out behind his boat and the RNC ran right up and bit it.:D
No, I think that he fell into a trap. Who knew that the man who was "too clever" isn't clever at all?

Obama just doesn't connect with regular people. He sent in Biden to STL yesterday to talk to a bunch of union guys and blue collar folks at Mehlville High School (said so on the front page of our liberal rag, the STL Post-Dispatch). It was during the day, so I suspect a large majority of the audience was comprised of high school kids at a mandatory assembly.

LibraryLady
09-10-2008, 10:41 AM
That smarmy bas**rd. He's sounding all "country" and saying "they seize on an innocent remark".

How can anyone be stupid enough to fall for his BS.

SaintLouieWoman
09-10-2008, 10:43 AM
Obama is on the air now (fox news) at a campaign appearance. He's making fun of the lipstick on a pig comment. He thinks it's funny and is sort of smirky about it. Now he's trying to say that it's hurting the country. He's saying it's a serious time, trying to cover up his remark. I've noticed he didn't say it wasn't directed at Palin.

Funny, he doesn't have that phony Southern accent today. :rolleyes:

LogansPapa
09-10-2008, 10:45 AM
Boy, the hen house is going to be noisy today. :p

LogansPapa
09-10-2008, 11:11 AM
This thread's too quiet:

http://www.mondaymorningmemo.com/mmm_images/June6_2005MMM.jpg

LibraryLady
09-10-2008, 11:14 AM
This one's from DU

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c12/dtharman/Obama/lipstick-on-pig.gif

Rebel Yell
09-10-2008, 11:22 AM

Trust me, if Black Hole can be taken as a racisl slur, they'd jump all over that one.

LogansPapa
09-10-2008, 11:36 AM
Trust me, if Black Hole can be taken as a racisl slur, they'd jump all over that one.

Who you call "they", my Brother?:p

Eyelids
09-10-2008, 11:37 AM
How can anyone be stupid enough to fall for his BS.

"You see, my friends..."

Rebel Yell
09-10-2008, 12:13 PM
Who you call "they", my Brother?:p

You know, them.:D

Actually, they are blacks and liberals. Mostly liberals. White liberals are way more offended by terms considered racist towards blacks than blacks are. Go figure.:rolleyes:

When's the last time a liberal was outraged over the terms cracker, honky, redneck, etc.?

LibraryLady
09-10-2008, 01:13 PM
Obama is on the air now (fox news) at a campaign appearance. He's making fun of the lipstick on a pig comment. He thinks it's funny and is sort of smirky about it. Now he's trying to say that it's hurting the country. He's saying it's a serious time, trying to cover up his remark. I've noticed he didn't say it wasn't directed at Palin.
:

UPDATE: McCain spokesman Brian Rogers responds: “Barack Obama can’t campaign with schoolyard insults and then try to claim outrage at the tone of the campaign. His talk of new politics is as empty as his campaign trail promises, and his record of bucking his party and reaching across the aisle simply doesn’t exist.”

I like that answer!

Elspeth
09-10-2008, 02:20 PM
I think it is.

Obama either is too stupid to be President if he didn't realize how this would be perceived or he is too vicious. Look at him put his hand to his head before he said it - he is deciding if he wants to go there, and he does.
The audience knows exactly what he meant.

And no comparison to the McCain/Hillary story. He was talking about her program.

Look at the Hillary forum - they are LIVID.
http://www.hillaryclintonforum.net/discussion/showthread.php?t=28812

You can tell by the audience's explosive reaction that they get the reference. Obama did mean it. He did this kind of crap to Hillary all the time, but no one called him on it because the DNC wanted him to win. But, with Palin, the GOP is not taking this crap and Barry will not have it so easy.

Elspeth
09-10-2008, 02:21 PM

Every African American poster on DU would get it and the place would EXPLODE! (Younger white folks would just go, "What?")

lacarnut
09-10-2008, 02:41 PM
Obama is not ready for prime time plus he is dumb as a rock. When you make a mistake, it is best to admit it and apoligize. Many politicians have a hard time doing that. If he would have told Gov. Palin that he was sorry about the remark and offered an apology, this issue would go away. Now, it going to fester for a longer period of time. Plus, it would show that he is a real man by admitting his mistake. He is a fool.

wilbur
09-10-2008, 03:09 PM
Honestly who could predict people would get hysterical over a silly comment? Its the same ol story of this election...

The left wing candidates were cowardly hiding behind race/sex anytime the tone escalated.

Now, instead of being better people above the fray, Palin/McCain followed the left wing into the gutter, and now hide and cower behind their cover of sexism. Way to go guys! Can't say as I'm surprised.

LibraryLady
09-10-2008, 03:11 PM
What did your wife think of the "stinky fish" remark? Or are you single.:mad:

LogansPapa
09-10-2008, 03:41 PM
What did your wife think of the "stinky fish" remark? Or are you single.:mad:

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb218/commentsjunkie/animated/accmkfodsew.gif

LOL! Stinky Fish!

LibraryLady
09-10-2008, 03:44 PM
"
You can put lipstick on a pig," Obama declared. "It's still a pig."

No mention of Palin. But the audience roared and jumped to its feet.

Obama paused to take in the applause and then moved on to another (also overused) metaphor.

"You can wrap an old fish in a piece of paper called change," he began. "It's still gonna stink after eight years."

Obama was the idiot that waded into this one.

PoliCon
09-10-2008, 06:42 PM
I think he put a shiny new lure out behind his boat and the RNC ran right up and bit it.:D I think that - right or wrong - this is another thing that can be used to show how NObama is not what he claims. He's claimed more than once that he would not engage in the politics of personal destruction and yet time and again - he has show that he's more than willing to get dirty with the best of them.